• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - Vanek to Isles

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i guess you can say that but with parise here he got us past the first round twice i think.

i would take the trade. moulson is a good player and like someone said they can flip him at the deadline for MORE draft picks

That's actually the most likely route. If your going into full rebuild mode, is Moulson really the cornerstone of that? I don't think so. Buffalo could easily end up with 3 first round picks after having two last year. The benefits of being terrible I guess.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's actually the most likely route. If your going into full rebuild mode, is Moulson really the cornerstone of that? I don't think so. Buffalo could easily end up with 3 first round picks after having two last year. The benefits of being terrible I guess.

or knowing when your guys are leaving and getting what you can for them

guy like talendar last year at the deadline could've got a 3rd or even a 2nd rounder from some team.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Panthers were not a cupcake that year.
People were picking them to beat the Devils in 7.

I was hoping to face the Caps instead that year. I remember the Panthers matchup worried me and a few others.

Also, Flyers were supposed to be the Devils in 5, and most gave the Devils no chace to beat the Rangers who were the cup favorite.

Lets not forget before the Kings faced NJ, they only lost 2 games the entire playoffs!
Devils beat them 2 times which tied what 3 teams were able to do and if the bounces went our way, we might have stolen one of the earlier games as well. Go to game 7, and who knows.

Pretty solid run that year at least to me.
Especially because I would never even imagined going to the finals that year.

Why is it ok for the rangers to struggle to beat the 7 and 8 seed that year, but not the Devils?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Panthers were not a cupcake that year.
People were picking them to beat the Devils in 7.

I was hoping to face the Caps instead that year. I remember the Panthers matchup worried me and a few others.

Also, Flyers were supposed to be the Devils in 5, and most gave the Devils no chace to beat the Rangers who were the cup favorite.

Lets not forget before the Kings faced NJ, they only lost 2 games the entire playoffs!
Devils beat them 2 times which tied what 3 teams were able to do and if the bounces went our way, we might have stolen one of the earlier games as well. Go to game 7, and who knows.

Pretty solid run that year at least to me.
Especially because I would never even imagined going to the finals that year.

Why is it ok for the rangers to struggle to beat the 7 and 8 seed that year, but not the Devils?

people picking the panthers further proves my point that the playoff run was a result of great match ups and circumstances.

put the devils in round 1 against the pens or bruins you honestly think they would've beat either one of them? they couldn't stop the panthers powerplay they blew a 3-0 lead in game 3. blew a 2-0 lead in game 7. almost blew a 3-0 lead in game 1 i think.

the rangers struggling to beat the 7th and 8th seeds also helps my point that they werent all that great either. playing 15 games of 2-1 3-1 games in the playoffs before you reach the 3rd round that is going to take its toll on even the best teams.

obviously anyone can beat anyone but let me put it this way

the devils beat the panthers the flyers the rangers. where were those teams in the playoff race last year? where are they this year so far? where were the bruins and pens where are they so far now?

put molson in that lineup for parise the team still makes the finals i think

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Actually, I will respectfully disagree about that statement because we would have lost in Game 6 on a Weiss 2 on 1. People don't pay attention to it, but just before the Zajac OT winner, Parise made a Herculean back check from circle to circle to pressure Weiss that turned a 2 on 1 into a wide shot and immediately led to the GWG.

It may seem like an obscure little thing, but that's one of my all time favorite plays and stands out to me as much as any moment in that run, except Henrique's goal obv.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25_QGLLcE1w]Travis Zajac Game 6 Winning OT Goal,Series tied 3-3 - YouTube[/ame]

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah also parise was there on a back check to stop the rangers right off the overtime in game 6 saved a goal.

but his lack of back check cost us a goal in game 3 against the kings i think it was the 2nd goal of the game. it goes both ways

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without turning this into the 10,597th time we've had this debate, the difference being we were actually contending those years. Buffalo is a shit show so they have nothing to lose by dealing him. Not exactly comparing apples to apples.

You talking logic again!!!!!!