• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Vancouver People

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of flying, I was in jstew's summer hideaway of Kelowna this past weekend and my goodness, the Kelowna airport is in dire need of expansion. After we cleared security, they had us packed in like sardines. The weekend was enjoyable even though the weather was still cool and cloudy.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of flying, I was in jstew's summer hideaway of Kelowna this past weekend and my goodness, the Kelowna airport is in dire need of expansion. After we cleared security, they had us packed in like sardines. The weekend was enjoyable even though the weather was still cool and cloudy.
What did you get up to? Enjoying the ice wall during clothing optional euro hour at Sparkling Hill?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did you get up to? Enjoying the ice wall during clothing optional euro hour at Sparkling Hill?

lol - Likely my daughter's last cheer competition held at the arena in Rutland.

/She'll still be competing for the Vikes cheer team, this was her other team.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - Likely my daughter's last cheer competition held at the arena in Rutland.

/She'll still be competing for the Vikes cheer team, this was her other team.
Does Rutland have the most appropriate city name or what?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t really understand how you can justify that kind of expenditure on a museum in a day and age where museums are having to give a bunch of shit back to countries/peoples they’ve taken it from.

That’s also more combined than it cost to renovate and expand the ROM and AGO a decade ago in Toronto and they both used “starchitects” in their designs (neither turned out great). Inflation and everything but it does seem like a vanity project in a province with way more pressing needs for a billion dollars.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t really understand how you can justify that kind of expenditure on a museum in a day and age where museums are having to give a bunch of shit back to countries/peoples they’ve taken it from.

That’s also more combined than it cost to renovate and expand the ROM and AGO a decade ago in Toronto and they both used “starchitects” in their designs (neither turned out great). Inflation and everything but it does seem like a vanity project in a province with way more pressing needs for a billion dollars.
I was shocked at how passionate Horgan was talking about it and having to keep the history of BC relevant. It's a ridiculous notion to spend the money on that during these times.. maybe the mega rich can pay for it

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I was shocked at how passionate Horgan was talking about it and having to keep the history of BC relevant. It's a ridiculous notion to spend the money on that during these times.. maybe the mega rich can pay for it
they have been trying to get the super rich to fund a replacement Vancouver Art Gallery for about a decade now.
so far two families have stepped up, and about 10% of the goal has been reached.
and in the meantime one of the guys who had pledged built his own damned museum up in Whistler.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This new "Pitt Meadows-Fort Langley" federal riding looks like something out of North Carolina.

29029866_web1_220502-MRN-NC-new-riding-pic_1-640x426.jpg

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm Praying to Jeebus that this storm blows on by and we make the 9:00 ferry tomorrow morning.

but I'm a realist