• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Vancouver People

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat quinn tournament cancellation hurts alot. Was also a big fundraiser for our host association… so registration fees are bound to increase next year to make up for the loss :ohwell:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat quinn tournament cancellation hurts alot. Was also a big fundraiser for our host association… so registration fees are bound to increase next year to make up for the loss :ohwell:

Is there a way to make a donation, jstew? I'd like to throw in a couple of bucks for youth hockey.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a way to make a donation, jstew? I'd like to throw in a couple of bucks for youth hockey.
Sure is dash ! … ill send you the invoice for next year’s registration for my son this june! Thanks for this ! YOURE A GREAT GUY !!!

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but seriously though ... im just complaining ... most hockey parents will be ok with that added cost next year ... some wont and to help them out kidsport is a great organization to give to.

/and also if you have some more ability to donate ... there is this gofundme for the 2 year old child of the couple that died in the highway 99 slide ... that couple were the aunt and uncle of a player in our association.

Hello BMHA members,

We just learned that the devastation of the recent floods that have affected so many has also impacted our BMHA community ... one of our BMHA players has lost their beloved aunt and uncle and has left their 2-year cousin without parents.

A GoFund has been set-up by the families for the daughter - please donate if you can In loving memory of parents killed in BC mudslide, organized by Flor Gil Pinzon

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dropped a frozen turkey off at my parents (not toilet innuendo) and i asked my parents if they were positive they still wanted to do dinner christmas night and i heard my dad give out a “fuck bonny henry” from another room … he sounded like the iron sheik when he said it so that made my day :pound:

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going nowhere and doing nothing.

Daughter coming home with her cats. She will likely stay for at least a month.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dropped a frozen turkey off at my parents (not toilet innuendo) and i asked my parents if they were positive they still wanted to do dinner christmas night and i heard my dad give out a “fuck bonny henry” from another room … he sounded like the iron sheik when he said it so that made my day :pound:

Be kind
Be calm
Eh fuck it.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I've missed something somewhere, but I don't get all this lining up for covid tests? I mean, I'm double vaxxed and awaiting my booster but unless I'm feeling some obvious symptoms, I'm not going to go and get a covid test, especially with those kind of line ups. Is this just a Xmas thing?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Maybe I've missed something somewhere, but I don't get all this lining up for covid tests? I mean, I'm double vaxxed and awaiting my booster but unless I'm feeling some obvious symptoms, I'm not going to go and get a covid test, especially with those kind of line ups. Is this just a Xmas thing?
If you are exposed to a positive kor feel unwell) , you need a test before you can go back to work, or really see anyone else.
Choice is quarantine for a possible cade, or get tested to make sure.

My wife has had two of her employees need to get tested this week or they would need to miss work (both negative), and my hockey today was 4 skaters light due to people being in proximity with positives. Don't know the outcome of those yet.

I think people also want to be sure before seeing family in the next few days

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
My wife went to a wedding today, and the couple provided rapid tests for everyone before they could come in. Brought the tests over from Hong Kong.

They said in HK, people are testing ALL the time. If you are going to dinner with other people, you take a quick test before you go out. Key ingredient here is that test are cheap and readily available.

My parents had a similar experience in Portugal a couple of months ago. They were on a bus tour, and had to provide a new test before they were allowed into each new hotel. Tests were a euro each, and available everywhere.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant forget though … a lot of people have the symptoms now … and actually have covid. Yes people are being responsible and getting tested for events/travel but many people are going for the reason that its everywhere now and they are sick… and there are what … 3 testing sites in our area??? What the f is that about :L

/i just passed by bcit and the traffic on canada way / willingdon is nuts. Curb lane canada way east bound is jammed and the line rounds the corner onto willingdon north bound curb lane. Police there blocking off southbound left turn lane willingdon that turns into the curb lane as its full.

I would have taken a picture of the mayhem but …. Oh boy lmao

Last edited:

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We adjusted plans because of yours truly and restrictions....

We were going to my middle brother's for Christmas eve dinner. He lives in a small house and his in-laws are going to....

We are picking up some of dinner and going to my other brother's and having dinner between all 5 of us.

Christmas day is still up in the air..

My parents were supposed my 6 year old niece to Science world and Picasso exhibit on Vancouver. Ya that's off the list