• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Vancouver People

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The missus got her first yesterday. Moderna.

I'm Friday and Brent is Saturday.

Hopefully we get Moderna too.
My wife got Pfizer a couple weeks ago. I'm booked for AZ this Tuesday.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know AZ for sure? They tell us nothing here.

I'm getting my vaccine tomorrow at a Shoppers Drug Mart in Nanaimo, but last Sunday we went in as they wanted to create a profile for my wife and I (basically put us on file for tracking purposes I guess). My wife asked what vaccine we would be receiving and they said AZ.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can only get AZ through the pharmacies ... open to people between 40 and 65 now. Health authority clinics run by govt are giving out pfizer/moderna (no AZ)

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can only get AZ through the pharmacies ... open to people between 40 and 65 now. Health authority clinics run by govt are giving out pfizer/moderna (no AZ)

I'm glad we (wife and I) registered through the pharmacies because we have yet to hear anything from island health.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

my wife booked for this sunday. not AZ. not sure what she is getting for the other 2

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know AZ for sure? They tell us nothing here.
I registered for the Island Health option (this is Pfizer currently) but also registered with my local pharmacy which only offer AZ. They got back to me first so I'm going with the potential blood clot (if I'm the lucky 3 in a million or whatever it is).

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We joked with my wifes nurse friend a month ago when she started giving shots at clinics that we would come by and stick our arms in the closest open window and she could give us our pfizer/moderna but apparently thats not allowed because they have these things called rules :noidea:

Our next near serious attempt was asking if maybe we could just wait around at clinic closing time (thats what people do at the pharmacys with AZ) and see if they had extra doses from no shows. She said shed look into it lol.

She reported back after her first handful of shifts that this never* happens at these clinics. They are constantly preparing doses on site in batches throughout the day to administer and if anything they end up sending people home at the end of the day to come back in the next day because they dont want to “open up” another vial. She told the story where they came close last week and had 6 doses for 7 people remaining at the end of the day and they scrambled to fill a dose from multiple vials at the different tables.

/
* it happened!

This past Saturday she told us was the first time (at Langley Events Center) shes witnessed where they overshot their estimate and had 6 extra doses they needed to give out at days end ... she was gonna call but they ended up giving them to clinic volunteers lol

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I'm glad we (wife and I) registered through the pharmacies because we have yet to hear anything from island health.
I registered though the province on the first day it was available, have yet to year anything.

Looked for appointment through pharmacy site, again first day - I'm on the waitlist for about 5 locations, and finally got an appointment for next friday.
We'll see what comes through first. Though after jstew's cool-story-bro, i kind of regret selecting a late-afternoon time slot

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I registered for the Island Health option (this is Pfizer currently) but also registered with my local pharmacy which only offer AZ. They got back to me first so I'm going with the potential blood clot (if I'm the lucky 3 in a million or whatever it is).

I think the saddest/shittiest thing i learned from this whole “az is poison” debacle is that birth control pills cause clotting problems in 1 in 1000 women and no one is doing anything about those drugs :ohwell:

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the saddest/shittiest thing i learned from this whole “az is poison” debacle is that birth control pills cause clotting problems in 1 in 1000 women and no one is doing anything about those drugs :ohwell:

Yup.

I'd take any vaccine offered.

Still, if I had my druthers I'd want Moderna or Pfizer at the moment.

Used to think I'd want J&J but I doubt it's even available.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Club16 has had 7 closures at locations this month alone due to Covid exposures. How ‘bout we keep it to a #thankyoutrevor !!!

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3