• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: UEFA Champions League 2012-2013

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Round 1st leg: February 12-20, 2013

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After quite a few long years, I'm finally excited once again to see Juve back in the thick of things. Celtic will be no slouch but I like our chances against them. I'm still quite frustrated though at the lack of winter purchases of some goal poachers. We need some true strikers in the worst way! Looking forward to getting Asamoah back in the lineup as well :)

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After quite a few long years, I'm finally excited once again to see Juve back in the thick of things. Celtic will be no slouch but I like our chances against them. I'm still quite frustrated though at the lack of winter purchases of some goal poachers. We need some true strikers in the worst way! Looking forward to getting Asamoah back in the lineup as well :)

Hey Trance - as mentioned in the soccer forum, Celtic is the bulldog of the tournament but Juve should get past them. The games I'm looking at are RM vs United and Galatassaray vs Schalke. Sneijder and Drogba on the same team will give Schalke fits. Also, CR7 has vowed to knock out his former team from the tournament.

Barca vs AC Milan should be a blast, but you know who I'm leaning with :suds:

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Trance - as mentioned in the soccer forum, Celtic is the bulldog of the tournament but Juve should get past them. The games I'm looking at are RM vs United and Galatassaray vs Schalke. Sneijder and Drogba on the same team will give Schalke fits. Also, CR7 has vowed to knock out his former team from the tournament.

Barca vs AC Milan should be a blast, but you know who I'm leaning with :suds:

Crap! I keep forgetting about the soccer forum! Celtic has been pretty tough to score against which is what I fear most with our lack of firepower up front. Gosh I need some good news in SOME sport! First the Super Bowl, then Tennessee striking out on all the big names, the Lakers awful season and the list goes on...

The RM-ManUre and Barca-Milan games should be solid! Really looking forward to watching those.

BTW - I'm sure you heard of Messi re-upping with Barca? I bet that made you happy ;)

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap! I keep forgetting about the soccer forum! Celtic has been pretty tough to score against which is what I fear most with our lack of firepower up front. Gosh I need some good news in SOME sport! First the Super Bowl, then Tennessee striking out on all the big names, the Lakers awful season and the list goes on...

The RM-ManUre and Barca-Milan games should be solid! Really looking forward to watching those.

BTW - I'm sure you heard of Messi re-upping with Barca? I bet that made you happy ;)

:agree:

Yes sir, I'm looking forward to next week's matches - should help me forget about the loss last Sunday but admittedly that will last for awhile.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
United vs. Madrid is a great tie, especially because Madrid is struggling making it a more even matchup than it would have been last few years.

Barca vs. Milan isn't much though, eh? Even the Balotelli-charged Milan is no match for the catalan kingpins. Dortmund-Shakhtar deflated with Willian's move to Russia. Even Bayern-Arsenal is a mismatch. Should be fun, but gonna have to wait till next round for more competitive pairings.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Tuesday matchups maybe the least interesting of all, PSG always fun to watch, but overall not the best games. Wednesday should be fun though with two exciting games.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuesday matchups maybe the least interesting of all, PSG always fun to watch, but overall not the best games. Wednesday should be fun though with two exciting games.

I want to see the Villareal/PSG game, but RM vs ManUre is the one I'm looking out for.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's preposterous! How can you say that about my boys from Juve? :wtf::hellno::lame:

Ha! Just kidding there.

It actually was quite an entertaining game! We were lucky to get that quick opening goal, cos Celtic really kept bringing it! That team was a bunch of energizer bunnies for the entire first half! At the same time I was impressed with our defensive effort. The downside to their all out attack was what did them in ... long balls and quick counters. And by the second half, their players were all gassed and it was the Pirlo show from there.

I place most of the blame for this loss on the Celtic coach's decision to go with Ambrose. He was responsible for two of the three goals and was abused the entire game.

With such a healthy cushion, advancing to the QF is all but a formality now for us. Good to see the Old Lady back in the thick of things. It has been way too long.

Really looking forward to the big game today!

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's preposterous! How can you say that about my boys from Juve?

Heh.....no offense! But that's a pretty big mismatch for this round. Celtic has to be the worst team still around, right?

PSG was cruising vs. Valencia until the final two minutes, which were fairly disastrous. Ibra getting a pointless red card......really unbelievable and brainless. They have enough good players to still pull it out, but we'll see how many games he misses.....if the suspension goes into next round they might be in trouble.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
161595639.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Upstater

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to be able to watch the game today but have to work at 3pm and I am training someone so all the fun is gone until she is done.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh.....no offense! But that's a pretty big mismatch for this round. Celtic has to be the worst team still around, right?

PSG was cruising vs. Valencia until the final two minutes, which were fairly disastrous. Ibra getting a pointless red card......really unbelievable and brainless. They have enough good players to still pull it out, but we'll see how many games he misses.....if the suspension goes into next round they might be in trouble.

No offense would have been correct a few years back. But under Conte, I have to say that they have developed into quite a dynamic team with more than just the score one goal and form a wall mentality that Italian football usually has. Celtic has been quite impressive this season in the CL - they beat Barca and held them pretty well even when they played at Nou. One of the announcers mentioned a remarkable statistic (unless I completely misheard it). He said that Celtic has lost only two home games since the beginning of CL games, with both those being to Barca. If I heard correctly, that is quite an impressive feat.

As far as Ibra goes, he has always been a headcase. Not at the level of Balotelli but still quite a big one in his own right. However, I don't think there was anything too malicious in his tackle last night. His foot slipped off the ball and resulted in a stomp. Then again, there is a small chance that it was intentional? I doubt he gets a suspension.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No offense would have been correct a few years back.

Haha.....actually I meant "no offense intended". I've got nothing bad to say about Juve, strong team and good enough to hang with any of the contenders.

Tough luck for Madrid today, United played well enough but were basically defending the whole match, largely saved by their goalkeeper. That one is basically even going back to England for the return match.

I doubt (Ibra) gets a suspension.

I might be wrong, but isn't a straight red a two match suspension unless its rescinded? Maybe a tough call but it wasn't wrong, so I think it will stand.