• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Tough Fantasy Football Defeats

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was wondering if anyone else had a tough loss in the 1st round of their fantasy football playoff game? Me after a 11-2 regular season and the #1 seed I loose by 3.5 points because I started Bryce Brown instead of either Steven Ridley or Steven Jackson.

S/N My DBAG of friend texted the guy I was playing to tell him Mcoy was out to try to help him out so he potentially wouldn't face me in the finals. I am pissed because I feel like you should never interject yourself in someone else FF game I felt its a man law violation. What do you guys think?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't be mad on what others do, that happens.

Be mad bcuz you started Brown instead of Ridley... lol... tough luck Supreme!

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't mind if someone asks for advice, especially if it's a separate league. In the same league, it can be tricky, but I still don't think it's a big deal. Tipping off someone who's not paying attention like that would really bother me, though. People get crazy about fantasy. Anyone ever watch The League? It's extreme, but sometimes I think it's not that inaccurate.

Thankfully, I won in the first round of playoffs this past week. The guy I played hadn't adjusted his lineup in months, AND he autodrafted, but his team did amazingly well considering all that. I think the entire league was hoping he'd lose.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't be mad on what others do, that happens.

Be mad bcuz you started Brown instead of Ridley... lol... tough luck Supreme!

I don't mind if someone asks for advice, especially if it's a separate league. In the same league, it can be tricky, but I still don't think it's a big deal. Tipping off someone who's not paying attention like that would really bother me, though. People get crazy about fantasy. Anyone ever watch The League? It's extreme, but sometimes I think it's not that inaccurate.

Thankfully, I won in the first round of playoffs this past week. The guy I played hadn't adjusted his lineup in months, AND he autodrafted, but his team did amazingly well considering all that. I think the entire league was hoping he'd lose.

Cal yea I am pissed at myself especially since I made it a point to not listen to the talking heads and I had Jackson in by changed him since everyone was like Brown would have a good game. It just irks me that he did that because he has done it at least once before. Also I failed to mention this is a money league. So I just lost out on a min of 300 and max of 700

Congrats Smalls yea my dad did the samething and if he only lost by 4 points

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal yea I am pissed at myself especially since I made it a point to not listen to the talking heads and I had Jackson in by changed him since everyone was like Brown would have a good game. It just irks me that he did that because he has done it at least once before. Also I failed to mention this is a money league. So I just lost out on a min of 300 and max of 700

Congrats Smalls yea my dad did the samething and if he only lost by 4 points

Same time, Sjax is not consistent enough, especially with that offense. You never know if he'll be consistent for FF. The week you bench, he may get 16 pts but you'll play him and he'll get 6 or 8... it's a toss up honestly.

Ridley was more of a safer bet IMHO cuz I think Brown fumbles too much and since when does the eagles offense rely on the running game?

I'm in a money league too so i would've been frustrated as well but hey it happens in terms of others talking to each other. Its not unheard of somebody "trading" a good player from a bad team to a playoff team for a cut into the prize....

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A friend in my league was also knocked out of the 1st because he started Brown over Ridley. Me, on the other hand, got blown out of the water by my opponent because of the Seattle D. Never saw that coming...

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ugh. I missed out on a bye by 1.25 points (1408.75 vs. 1410 over the entire season), and then Bradshaw went down and Wilson - who was on my bench! - put up 28 points. AJ Green picked a great week to fall off the map. Oh, and a special thanks to Daryl Washington for collecting two solo tackles and two half tackles during the Seahawks 80-odd offensive plays. Still, if Brady and Hernandez had kept up their first-half pace, I would have made up the 70-point deficit I was facing going into that game.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was 13-0 and lost my first round game. I still have next week to make up for it, though. Still a bummer.

calison3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I lost a game by 0.44 points and it kept me out of the playoffs

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. I missed out on a bye by 1.25 points (1408.75 vs. 1410 over the entire season), and then Bradshaw went down and Wilson - who was on my bench! - put up 28 points. AJ Green picked a great week to fall off the map. Oh, and a special thanks to Daryl Washington for collecting two solo tackles and two half tackles during the Seahawks 80-odd offensive plays. Still, if Brady and Hernandez had kept up their first-half pace, I would have made up the 70-point deficit I was facing going into that game.

Seems like our teams were very similar crimson. I too had Green Washington and Hernandez.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a 1st round misfortune. But in my espn league I missed playoffs because of point scored. My buddy beat me out by like 5 points.

But earlier in the season I was playing somebody and won by 1 point. But on Tuesday they took 2 points from newton causing me to lose by 1 point. I look at that as a partial reason why I didn't make the playoffs lol

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fudge, I started Bryce Brown for the 4th week in a row. I hope it doesn't bite me in the ass.

arsenal6106

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the 2nd most points scored and 1st most points scored against during the regular season. Missed the playoffs by one spot(5th). That was a tough pill to swallow.

For me, the toughest fantasy defeats are the ones where your player(s) get hurt early in the game and don't end up returning.