• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Tokyo Olympics thread

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're in the minority with that opinion... and I'm not saying you're an asshole, but you're sure are wearing the shit out of the asshole's point of view.
That’s because you are an entitled snowflake millennial. Who needs a quitter like Biles when you got Jade Carey. Biles had gotta be pissed that no one gives a shit about her mental weakness

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha. Biles is so pissed that everyone had forgotten her because of Sunni Lee and Jade Carey that she has miraculously recovered from her mental breakdown and will compete in The Beam

• Clown
Reactions: gob

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biles is furious that she has been forgotten as Skinner, Lee and Cade shine in her absence. What a great effort by the team after Biles' quitting on the team due to mental weakness. Now she is desperately trying to get back in on the last event, The Beam, hoping she can get the attention back on her.

• Clown
Reactions: gob

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I think you're in the minority with that opinion... and I'm not saying you're an asshole, but you're sure are wearing the shit out of the asshole's point of view.
You gave him the benefit of the doubt and everything.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe the US team should focus more on the game than trying to decide how to protest.
I'm thinking it was a mixture of old age and cockiness

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biles is furious that she has been forgotten as Skinner, Lee and Cade shine in her absence. What a great effort by the team after Biles' quitting on the team due to mental weakness. Now she is desperately trying to get back in on the last event, The Beam, hoping she can get the attention back on her.
Sports is 100% mental. Balance, coordination and strength are all controlled by the brain.

Sportsmanship. Team first. Biles selflessly stepped aside knowing that she had some things to work out and gave the team the best chance for success by not dragging them down. If she can come back and get her head on straight despite the challenges and armchair critics, then more power to her.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am generally against Pay Per View for sports events, but I would probably actually shell out cash to be able to watch the Olympics with just competition and in event commentary only. The BS where they constantly overhype stories with the soft focus, slow motion stories of the time some weightlifter overcame a fucking hangnail or something usually leads to disappointment and mouth breathers blathering on about "choking" or whatever they use to make themselves feel better.

I would also like it if there was one random competitor in each event chosen from the crowd as a "control" so the mouth breathers can shut up about who is good and who isn't. Watching some guy try to comprehend just how fast Usain Bolt is while running after him would be hilarious. Some doggy paddling dingus trying to stay afloat in Kaleb Dressel's wake. Some rando shitting themselves rolling into the BMX track, let alone clearing even the first jump.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It always makes me laugh how it seems like the same dipshits who discount mental health issues and well being for athletes almost in the same breath can then say shit like “if they werent so politically minded they would have won” like the political stuff is so front and center in their mind/psychology that it prevents them from performing well :L

but if they are struggling with something they need to suck it up

get fucked lol

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s because you are an entitled snowflake millennial. Who needs a quitter like Biles when you got Jade Carey. Biles had gotta be pissed that no one gives a shit about her mental weakness

A quitter? If a player knows they are not 100% and can't fully support their team, then the hard/brave thing to do is to step down. Biles was there supporting her teammates all the way. Good on her.

Biles is getting TONS of support from people.

I'm not a millennial. I wish I was that young. Haha.

And snowflake?... Lol. You've the one having a tantrum and repeatedly posting the same thing over and over about... uh... gymnastics. I hope nothing happens in equestrian or badminton that might trigger you!!!:laugh3:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Z6VGn5.gif

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am generally against Pay Per View for sports events, but I would probably actually shell out cash to be able to watch the Olympics with just competition and in event commentary only. The BS where they constantly overhype stories with the soft focus, slow motion stories of the time some weightlifter overcame a fucking hangnail or something usually leads to disappointment and mouth breathers blathering on about "choking" or whatever they use to make themselves feel better.

I would also like it if there was one random competitor in each event chosen from the crowd as a "control" so the mouth breathers can shut up about who is good and who isn't. Watching some guy try to comprehend just how fast Usain Bolt is while running after him would be hilarious. Some doggy paddling dingus trying to stay afloat in Kaleb Dressel's wake. Some rando shitting themselves rolling into the BMX track, let alone clearing even the first jump.

Someone mentioned to me yesterday that it would be awesome if the Olympics were not tried out for, but people from each country were randomly selected for each event, flown to the venue, and just shoved right in to competition. Bunch of dad bods and people of all ages just figuring it out as they go. I said they should call it the JoeLympics.

I'd totally watch that.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
German women in the Velodrome in team pursuit time trial just broke the world record by almost 4 seconds.

This is a sport where events are decided by tenths of a second. Damn.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone mentioned to me yesterday that it would be awesome if the Olympics were not tried out for, but people from each country were randomly selected for each event, flown to the venue, and just shoved right in to competition. Bunch of dad bods and people of all ages just figuring it out as they go. I said they should call it the JoeLympics.

I'd totally watch that.
The world games "almost" hit that.

The selections are intended to "achieve a satisfactory balance between competitors' positions on world ranking lists and the fair representation of as many as possible of its member nations"