• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: This is so freaking COOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshmallows-Hooray_o_47326.jpg

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many threads I could put this in, so I may just cross-post. It deserves it. I probably mattola'd someone.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ng-girl-thanks-jets-fans-meets-team-1.2978123

"Alyx, who was diagnosed with leukemia in July and is going through her sixth round of chemotherapy, was shown on the arena Jumbotron with a poster that said, "Chemo by day, Jets by night."
"Both teams saluted her by banging their sticks on the ice and the crowd gave her a standing ovation. After that game, Jets centreman Jim Slater, who has a young daughter of his own, called Alyx inspiring."

And then, something unexpected — a little boy a few rows ahead of her walked up the stairs and handed her a Jets souvenir hockey stick.
Nine-year-old Keaton Hamin was given a stick by Jet Tyler Myers.
"It was really exciting when I got the sick but right away my instinct knew I had to [give it to] Alyx," said Hamin.
He immediately asked his dad if he could do just that.
"I felt really, really bad for her that she had cancer," said Hamin. "I hoped that she would feel happy and supported by everybody in Winnipeg."

A shocked-looking Alyx turned to her parents as the boy walked back to his seat.
She then went to the boy and wrapped her arms around him, burying her head against him with a loving thanks.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uIBQcVy.jpg

The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls.
-Pablo Picasso

Status
Not open for further replies.