• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: This is so freaking COOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not crazy about the presentation, and wish it could be a little more toned down and focus on the technology. I mean you see the stories of the builders, but nothing at all about their process from design to testing to production. The nerd in me wants to see more of that.

But the fighting is awesome. I've been watching with the little 43's. Both are into science, so I try to nurture that any way I can.

Wonder if my sister's friends (former co-workers) are going to come back in. This was theirs the last 4 series:
Atomic Wedgie - Battlebots Wiki

The team who built Minion are back in it, Team Cool Robots. They made a bot called Overdrive for this year, and it looks pretty solid.

They didn't send out many invites for this tournament, but if it does well, I'd have to guess it'll be expanded, and maybe your friends can get back in the game.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
donkey.jpg

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like that stairwell should have hidden obstacles that pop out of the wall next to lane 3, kind of like in Wipeout or MXC.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - I'm so tempted to throw a shoulder into people who are head down texting as I have to give way when they encroach where I'm walking.
Is throwing a shoulder into them subtle interference? I guess it depends where the principal point of contact is.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - I'm so tempted to throw a shoulder into people who are head down texting as I have to give way when they encroach where I'm walking.

That's the kind Canadian in you Dash. By the end of my tenure in NYC (worked there for 3 1/2 years), I was Scott Stevensing people that were texting and going the wrong way. It's the only way they'll learn (I hope).

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the kind Canadian in you Dash. By the end of my tenure in NYC (worked there for 3 1/2 years), I was Scott Stevensing people that were texting and going the wrong way. It's the only way they'll learn (I hope).

Ahhh, that explains my predisposition for the same tactic. Its a genetic thing !

Status
Not open for further replies.