• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: This is so freaking cool part II trying to keep it cool

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recently spoke to a guy who worked with one of the producers on Alien, and would be regaled by tales on set while they were working together

Sigourney Weaver was not supposed to be the lead as written, Veronica Cartwright was.
She was the bigger star at the time.

Weaver, just kind of stole the show in her scenes and led to on the go re-writes.
Led to some palpable tension on set as Veronica's lines kept disappearing.
I'd also argue Alien isn't an action movie, but maybe that's just me.

Aliens on the other hand...

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do not really know if todays generation get that humour but growing up Super Dave as the one of the funniest people I have ever seen, then I found out he swore and he became a legend.
So so dry. If you havent seen any of his Smothers Brothers or Sonny And Cher stuff a lot of that still holds up.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
i do not really know if todays generation get that humour but growing up Super Dave as the one of the funniest people I have ever seen, then I found out he swore and he became a legend.
I've mentioned it before, but Bizarre was such an amazing show.
and occasionally showed boobs

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recently spoke to a guy who worked with one of the producers on Alien, and would be regaled by tales on set while they were working together

Sigourney Weaver was not supposed to be the lead as written, Veronica Cartwright was.
She was the bigger star at the time.

Weaver, just kind of stole the show in her scenes and led to on the go re-writes.
Led to some palpable tension on set as Veronica's lines kept disappearing.
i knew about that.

There is a NETFLIX series called the Movies that Made Us. They have not done Alien but they made an episode on Aliens. It is fantastic. All those episodes on the movies of the past and how they were made and some so close to failing was incredible. The things movie makers go through to keep a show alive that the company doesn't believe will work and then became one of the biggest hits in movie history is cool.

my favourite part is the guy that created the TREX movements for Jurassic Park. He basically did it without people (his bosses) knowing and showed Steven Spielberg the footage with approval. Steven loved it and his footage went in the movie.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Customer

61027410f350d50019598c3e

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize shipping damages for bikes was a thing until last week. My wife works at a school and they have a program to buy Christmas presents for kids. She also works at a major retail store and was able to use her discount to get a bike for a reasonable price. Unsure of what she was buying and when it would arrive, she ordered 2 different ones.

1 made it, the other one, Fedex damaged in route and was returned to seller.

Small sample size, but 50%.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize shipping damages for bikes was a thing until last week. My wife works at a school and they have a program to buy Christmas presents for kids. She also works at a major retail store and was able to use her discount to get a bike for a reasonable price. Unsure of what she was buying and when it would arrive, she ordered 2 different ones.

1 made it, the other one, Fedex damaged in route and was returned to seller.

Small sample size, but 50%.
Now if it comes up in conversation this holiday season I'm going to say 50% of all bikes are damaged in shipping

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if it comes up in conversation this holiday season I'm going to say 50% of all bikes are damaged in shipping
Only 50% of the bikes that can be counted are damaged. I know a guy that collects bikes that fall off trucks who told me this.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 50% of the bikes that can be counted are damaged. I know a guy that collects bikes that fall off trucks who told me this.
Tell me more about how to identify which trucks may have bike fall off of them

You know, for science