• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Things we find freaking neat but no place to post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate wasps as well.. never been stung, but those evil creatures are #1 on my fear list...

A few years ago we had a warm spring in Sweden (not very common) so I had my kitchen window open all the time, day and night. (I lived on the 4th floor and there was no way to climb up so no worries about break-ins). I was very busy during that period so I wasn't at home very much. After about three weeks I noticed something hanging in the kitchen window curtain.. a fucking wasps nest. My adrenaline started pumping. I went to the closet and put on my winter jacket, thick gloves, ski goggles and a hat. When finally getting my nerves in check I grabbed a plastic container with a lid and closed it over the curtain and got the nest. With the nest trapped in the container I shook it to see if there were any wasp getting pissed off, but there were none to be found. At least I got a memorable evening out of it.

6w6JF

I had one about that same size in a closed patio table umbrella. We were going to have company so I went out to open the umbrella and immediately there were a bunch of wasps flying around. Its amazing how many of them can be in small nests.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Science! :nerd:

Also, a wasp story.

I used to work at a screen printing shop. I would leave my car windows open all day to keep it cool while I was working (I could see it through the window of the shop, so I had no concerns about anyone stealing it or anything in it).

One day, when driving home, I got just past the first intersection when a wasp jumped up in front of my face out of freaking nowhere. I freaked out. I'm lucky no one was on the road, because in my shock and fear, I swerved across the entire road before stopping the car on the side and bailing out. The wasp followed me, so I jumped back in and took off before it could follow me back into the car.

And now you know.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That spider keeps freaking me out. I swear I saw it in a dream last night.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty cool short film:

"Pockets"

Anyone know how to embed Vimeo?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall