• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: There's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth fighting for.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I assume so too. Its either a slow moving scam or the people that call me are really bad at it because it takes so long to get moving.

Also, is posting messages in the wrong thread a sign of impending senility? Asking for a friend.
No, this is good. Scammers are getting worse at what they do.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, this is good. Scammers are getting worse at what they do.
They seem to be. The only reason I have a house phone anymore is because I have used that number for so many things, and at this point its not costing my much at all. But 90% of the calls are scams. The cable box one is a couple times a day, solar panels a couple times a day, and trying to but my property is a few times a day. Sometimes it really is my property, other times it has been my mother's or brother's. Sure, I'll sell my brother's house - make me an offer.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They seem to be. The only reason I have a house phone anymore is because I have used that number for so many things, and at this point its not costing my much at all. But 90% of the calls are scams. The cable box one is a couple times a day, solar panels a couple times a day, and trying to but my property is a few times a day. Sometimes it really is my property, other times it has been my mother's or brother's. Sure, I'll sell my brother's house - make me an offer.

Same here about the landline. Our experience is that 90%+ of the calls are silent after you pick up. So weird. The other 10% are political parties or someone impersonating a fraternal police organization.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real estate ones I get are for the person who used to have my number. I've had it 16 years, but the previous user still uses it to sign up for stuff so I get collections calls and all kinds of junk. The real estate ones are good because it teaches me where she and her mother live now. I usually answer the phone as "Major Crimes - Agent Pendleton" and do various levels of abusing the callers. I had one convinced that the home they were calling about was an active crime scene, the person they were calling was dead on the floor and I knew that the terms they were using were slang for a drug deal and started badgering them for information about THEM until they hang up. One guy almost gave me his SSN.

Sometimes when I am in a bad mood, I just hurl horrendous insults at them. I also attempted to sell Ohio Stadium to one.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real estate ones I get are for the person who used to have my number. I've had it 16 years, but the previous user still uses it to sign up for stuff so I get collections calls and all kinds of junk. The real estate ones are good because it teaches me where she and her mother live now. I usually answer the phone as "Major Crimes - Agent Pendleton" and do various levels of abusing the callers. I had one convinced that the home they were calling about was an active crime scene, the person they were calling was dead on the floor and I knew that the terms they were using were slang for a drug deal and started badgering them for information about THEM until they hang up. One guy almost gave me his SSN.

Sometimes when I am in a bad mood, I just hurl horrendous insults at them. I also attempted to sell Ohio Stadium to one.
Nice. Maybe next time the 'cable box upgrade' people call I'll say "Sorry, I don't live here, I am just robbing the place"

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has this been posted before and I missed it - What a reaction to the news lol

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reason #16789 why the Stanley Cup is the best trophy in pro sports!

/oh wait

//fire ... ice ... Stanley Cup ... TIME FOR A COLLAB GARY!
CSB:

Mrs 43 got a Stanley Cup in her end of year teacher gifts from her class last year. She promptly put it above her head, lowered it for a kiss, and then put it back up and walked around the room shouting "WOOHOO".

Everyone in the room looked at her like he was insane. To be fair all but 3 people in the room were between 5 and 6, but still. The image cracks me up.

/CSB

Edit: I asked. No, she didn't yell FUCKING RIGHTS BOYS

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CSB:

Mrs 43 got a Stanley Cup in her end of year teacher gifts from her class last year. She promptly put it above her head, lowered it for a kiss, and then put it back up and walked around the room shouting "WOOHOO".

Everyone in the room looked at her like he was insane. To be fair all but 3 people in the room were between 5 and 6, but still. The image cracks me up.

/CSB

Edit: I asked. No, she didn't yell FUCKING RIGHTS BOYS

When i managed my sons hockey4 (novice) team in 2016-17 we got the kids miniature stanley cups as the year end gift. They were drinking tiny portions of orange (thats citrus for @mattola) crush out of them at the wrap up party.

Im sure if we repeated that cup gift after this u18 season, the drink of choice for some kids will be shots :thumb:

BB62EFEF-855F-4F04-A650-620A9DB2FC44.jpeg

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. They were drinking tiny portions of orange (thats citrus for @mattola) crush

rage-angry-fist-arthur-meme-4l9gywqe21mc297d.gif