• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Super Bowl Predictions

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a huge NFL buff as you guys know, just if the Giants are on local channels on Sunday (Fox, CBS or MNF) so I really don't care who wins this Super Bowl. We have some family friends coming over with their kids and just hanging out, nothing major like when the Giants were in 2 years ago and all of a sudden I have 80-100 people in my house (no joke).

I do know enough to say the Broncos have a great offense and the Seahawks have a great defense. I also think I have heard that while Denver's offense is being applauded, they aren't a slouch either on the defensive side. I know Manning has been here before twice (winning one and losing one) and the Seahawks are relatively new to success so I am interested to see how that plays out. Sounds like this one will be a good one.

My guess, and I'm totally going against what I know works in hockey (defense wins championships) - The Broncos are going to blow Seattle out, 42-20.

I am sensing the Seahawks will crumble under this type of stage not really being accustomed to being successful.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see a blowout by either team. I'm actually expecting a rather boring affair. Manning isn't all that great in bad weather and the location plus being held at night (completely wrong in my estimation) to boot will add to the passing problems for Denver along with Seattle's pass defense. The Seahawks are basically a running team and Denver is tops in the league in stopping the run. I'm in a couple of pools but I don't know what my scores are so there isn't a lot of interest here either. I'll find out next week sometime if I won anything or not. Not big enough money to worry about. I'm thinking a low-scoring game with the difference being a field goal.

Ox

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody I know is a Broncos fan this week. Band wagoners . For that reason I am hoping the Seahawks crush them . Other than that I don't really care. The wife will cry at sone commercial with a puppy or kitten or horse or any animal. I will be called heartless and get in trouble for pausing the tv during a bikini ad

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well it's already 15-0 by the time I'm posting this. So I'll say 32-24 Seattle.

/cheating

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now it's 22-0 Seattle. Looks like Dave is getting his wish. I would expect Denver to make some adjustments in the second half but so far it has been all Seahawks.

Ox

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You took the words right out of my mouth. I was actually thinking the same thing when I saw them finally make a fairly big play only to turn the ball over on a fumble because the receiver failed to protect the football. Sad for Broncos fans.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure. I have no loyalty to either team, but what an embarrassment for Denver.

Should have just stayed home.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fell asleep by halftime. Game was lopsided, commercials sucked, halftime show was lame. Worst Super Bowl in my lifetime. Was wishing there was a hockey game on during the 2nd half LOL

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I sure didn't see that coming, I had Den winning 28 to 13 with Manning as the MVP. That game looked like Denver underestimating Seattle and showing up un-prepared.

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best Super Bowl evar!! :)

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best Super Bowl evar!! :)

Oh let's be real, yes it was best ever for Seahawk fans no doubt, but all around the game was a blow out, it's not what everyone expected. Not to mention the commercial's & the halftime show was a complete joke. One of the most pathetic Super Bowls ever, New York (New Jersey) hosting this Super Bowl was horrible for fans. No tailgating, transportation to the Stadium was horrible & cold.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure didn't see that coming, I had Den winning 28 to 13 with Manning as the MVP. That game looked like Denver underestimating Seattle and showing up un-prepared.

That's exactly what I said to someone last night, it seriously looked like Denver was not ready to play. I put that on the staff, this is the biggest game of the year, you're in it and you look like a bunch of amateurs? Totally on the staff.

Don't want to take anything away from Seattle either, they absolutely annihilated Denver defensively from the get go and did their homework. I read somewhere that they studied a lot of film and were able to know where Manning was going to go (to a receiver) before the snap even occurred. And Sherman became bigger than the game, they avoided throwing to his side completely. His head games worked.

Good for them, I know that franchise has waited a long time. Being Kings fans, I totally understand.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh let's be real, yes it was best ever for Seahawk fans no doubt, but all around the game was a blow out, it's not what everyone expected. Not to mention the commercial's & the halftime show was a complete joke. One of the most pathetic Super Bowls ever, New York (New Jersey) hosting this Super Bowl was horrible for fans. No tailgating, transportation to the Stadium was horrible & cold.

I can't say much about the stadium, but I will agree that unless you were a Seahawks fan, this Super Bowl sucked balls.

Blowouts, especially in the manner in which it happened, really kill any enjoyment out of the game. At least when my Giants went 2 years ago against the 18-0 Patriots it was a close game and the Giants didn't win it until the final 7 minutes.

This thing...was over the moment that bad snap happened :12 in.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Puck, completely agree, Fox got out coached by Carroll. Two weeks to prepare and that is the team that showed up. Seattle flat out took it Denver and yes I hate to say but they deserved it.