• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Stars Hockey

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eakin was huge in the final seconds of OT and Kari came up big a lot tonight
I was talking to someone tonight before the game and said Ruff has to stick with Kari for the series. You cannot keep switching goalies in the playoffs. One has to feel you have his back and it needs to be Kari.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking to someone tonight before the game and said Ruff has to stick with Kari for the series. You cannot keep switching goalies in the playoffs. One has to feel you have his back and it needs to be Kari.

Well I've never played hockey or goalie but one would think you have to get in a rhythm or similar routine to stay on top of your game. I understand resting guys in the reg season, but the playoffs are a different animal and guys are going to have bad nights but you have to stay the course IMO

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been shaking my head at the goalie carousel for the last two weeks.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been shaking my head at the goalie carousel for the last two weeks.
It truly doesn't help at how poorly the defense has been. The shots both guys have even seeing are way too high percentage. Dallas creates more offense for the other team than they do themselves some games.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It truly doesn't help at how poorly the defense has been. The shots both guys have even seeing are way too high percentage. Dallas creates more offense for the other team than they do themselves some games.

It's been those high-danger shots which have really separated Kari from Niemi. I saw a stat that Kari has around an .800 save %. (decent) on high-danger shots whereas Niemi only has around a .600 save % (terrible). It needs to be Kari in net from here on out unless he just totally falls apart.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been those high-danger shots which have really separated Kari from Niemi. I saw a stat that Kari has around an .800 save %. (decent) on high-danger shots whereas Niemi only has around a .600 save % (terrible). It needs to be Kari in net from here on out unless he just totally falls apart.
Even if that is SSS noise I would stick with the hot guy, which has typically been Kari. Niemi as far as I always understood it was just s nice veteran to have and spell Kari when he needed s break. Gotta stick with one dude in the playoffs.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Score on these bastards

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Needed to win two in a row sometime after you blew home ice...cmon :
Dallas.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do or die tonight! Whatever happens, it's been a great season for them... a big step forward.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see a team from Texas win a long over due game 6 in St. Louis.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we have a game 7 wednesday

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really want to see a blow out for the Stars. Just hit them hard early and often and breeze it home. No more of this scary third period shit.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really want to see a blow out for the Stars. Just hit them hard early and often and breeze it home. No more of this scary third period shit.

Thats what Im screaming

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure the Stars are capable of a blowout. They are certainly capable of getting up big on teams. We've seen it multiple times. Earlier in the year they led Chicago 5-1 after 2 periods. They led Minnesota 4-0 after 2 in Game 6. And they led the Blues 3-0 after 1 period last night. But every single time they build a big lead, they go into scared turtle/panic/quit forechecking/play very "safe" and passive mode and it turns into the spectacle you saw last night. They simply refuse to keep playing aggressively after building leads. The ice tilts, they begin to ice the puck repeatedly, and the other team almost catches up on the scoreboard, leaving the Stars and their fans holding on for dear life.

It's sad to say, but they almost play better and compete for the entire 60 minutes when they lead by only 1 or maybe 2 goals.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure the Stars are capable of a blowout. They are certainly capable of getting up big on teams. We've seen it multiple times. Earlier in the year they led Chicago 5-1 after 2 periods. They led Minnesota 4-0 after 2 in Game 6. And they led the Blues 3-0 after 1 period last night. But every single time they build a big lead, they go into scared turtle/panic/quit forechecking/play very "safe" and passive mode and it turns into the spectacle you saw last night. They simply refuse to keep playing aggressively after building leads. The ice tilts, they begin to ice the puck repeatedly, and the other team almost catches up on the scoreboard, leaving the Stars and their fans holding on for dear life.

It's sad to say, but they almost play better and compete for the entire 60 minutes when they lead by only 1 or maybe 2 goals.

As long as they get a W I'm fine however they want to do it. Just would rather not be on the edge of my seat all game

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was pathetic. Feel bad about yourself stars. You went up 3-0 in game 6 and then stopped giving max effort. That's a terrible way to end such a fine season.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as they get a W I'm fine however they want to do it. Just would rather not be on the edge of my seat all game
Well you sure as fuck weren't on the edge of anything.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was pathetic. Feel bad about yourself stars. You went up 3-0 in game 6 and then stopped giving max effort. That's a terrible way to end such a fine season.

Not entirely true. They outplayed the Blues in the first period. They had both more shots and more high quality scoring chances. The effort was there, but the execution wasn't. Nichushkin missing the empty-netter which would have knotted the game at 1-1 I thought was a huge turning point. Then Kari Lehtonen happened. He gave up the soft goal from Tarasenko which was disallowed due to offsides. Then he gave up two even worse goals in the final 1:30. That took the wind out of both the team and the crowd. They gave I thought one last push toward the start of the 2nd period when they had multiple chances and STL on their heels a bit. But then the Blues scored, making it 4-0, and from then on there was no effort really at all.

So I'd say you are right for about the last 60% of the game. No effort. Hard to blame the guys too much though with how badly their goalie let them down tonight. Kind of like how hitters usually lose the will to grind out at-bats when their team's pitcher just gave up 10 runs in the 1st inning.