• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Stars Hockey

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a hell of a finish. Sweet payback for the one they took away from Spezza. Keep the momentum going.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Star fans, you guys deserved it. Props for being the better team.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cole scored a goal? Is this real life? Feel like that dude never scores goals.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also sexy pass from Tyler. Nicely done gents.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna try to be entertained by this game.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp...I went back to college football up 4-2...oh Stars...that's just pathetic.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lehtonen looks terrible. I hope we have a plan B in store. I don't like either of our goalie options. 4-2 lead at home against an inferior opponent has to be a W. Especially when you score 5 goals. Some unfortunate bounces, but Kari gave up 2nd chances all night. I don't know what his deal is, but I don't see us contending with him between the pipes.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lehtonen looks terrible. I hope we have a plan B in store. I don't like either of our goalie options. 4-2 lead at home against an inferior opponent has to be a W. Especially when you score 5 goals. Some unfortunate bounces, but Kari gave up 2nd chances all night. I don't know what his deal is, but I don't see us contending with him between the pipes.

I agree. He has been quite bad all season and doesn't even remotely resemble his former self. He cost them the win on opening night and then again tonight he definitely cost them the win. Even an average performance tonight would have earned the win. This team is too good to keep getting burned by such poor goaltending. He's proven he's more than capable before, so I guess he deserves some more leeway to get things figured out... but not a whole lot more because he doesn't even come close to resembling an NHL goalie right now. A trade might be in order if things don't improve soon.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to be back in the saddle again, got me a roussel jersey. The fact is , you're gonna have a couple games like this every year. This was one of the most unlucky games ive ever seen. You guys know me, when we play bad i'll let you know. Today, we were INCREDIBLY unlucky. One of our clearing attempts bounced off a ref and led to a goal, one of their goals deflected off of daley, one of their goals came off of a freak bounce off the boards. Like, it completely just went in front of the goal. I guess there is a little centimeter of wood that sticks out where the visiting team enters the ice, and it just happened to strike that perfectly, which led to an easy goal for them. However, when we are up in the 3rd period, there is absolutely no reason we should have one D man back there. We're playing prevent hockey at this point, not "let's score a goal and put it on them."

Then, we got to OT with them on the powerplay (horrible call I might add. It happened right in front of me and that puck was not covered in anyway). Killed that off pretty well with goligoski taking the lead. Then we had to take another one because Kari was out of position leading to an empty net. Dales had to take it otherwise it was the easiest goal of the dude's career. Still haven't seen the highlights of the last goal (they refused to show it on the jumbotron) but it looked like a simple slap shot from giroux that went between Kari's legs...

Giroux's a great captain man. Its underestimated what they do. You don't see it on tv, but in between the 3rd pd and overtime he went to each and every one of the guys on the bench, pulled them aside on the ice and told them what their job was. It was pretty cool to see. I think Benn is the better player, but Giroux is a commander out there. Got a point out of it against a playoff team (very subpar in my opinion) but it was unlucky and we should have had 2. It happens. It'll happen again. Oh well. Nemeth is out for awhile though, and he was playing very well. Hopefully Oleksiak or whoever we put there fills his role.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nemeth out for the year with major laceration on his wrist. Yikes. Same injury Modano had in Detroit. Hope this doesn't have long term implications career wise for him.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nemeth out for the year with major laceration on his wrist. Yikes. Same injury Modano had in Detroit. Hope this doesn't have long term implications career wise for him.

ironically, by the same player to. RJ umberger I believe.

Played well the first period tonight. Good teams don't give up as many shots as we do and get away with it, especially in the playoffs. We're gonna have to trim it down. We gotta hold on to the puck more. We're trying and failing miserably at possessing the puck. Can't wait til we get Hemsky going though. He's probably the fastest skater on our team, he just hasn't found it at all yet

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive was explosive, Kari was great and the defense was terrible. That was a win and 2 points but I wouldn't say it was necessarily a good win. When you give up a ton of shots more often than not then at some point it's going to bite you.

And yes I do like the results of the "super line" with Spezza, Benn, and Seguin playing together but Spezza needs to be on that 2nd line to make it better so I'm hoping it is just temporary.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes I do like the results of the "super line" with Spezza, Benn, and Seguin playing together but Spezza needs to be on that 2nd line to make it better so I'm hoping it is just temporary.

Its just til Val gets healthy. I think its actually good for now, because our 1st line is virtually identical to our 1st PP line. So, when Val comes back, the 5 guys will already have experience with eachother

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another road win, I'll take it

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win. Saw majority of the game and that allowed goal when NJ tied it up was complete bullshit. It was an obvious hand pass but since it wasn't called they couldn't review it and the puck was in the net before it moved. Dallas deserved the 2 points tonight without a doubt.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shitty call in a shitty arena against a shitty team. Oh well.... They won anyway. On to the next one.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any road win is a good win in this league, especially in an arena we tend to struggle in. however, tomorrow is a real test. The islanders are good this year. Taveres, Okposo, and then right before the season they got 2 1st line defensemen in a span of like, 2 hours. Boychuk and Leddy. Plus, we're starting Lindback tomorrow. We manage to steal a point tomorrow, that's HUGE for us.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindback is the worst backup in the NHL. I said it. Sure we gave them a couple 2-on-1's, but anytime it was 1-on-1 with Lindback and an Islander he lost 100% of the time. Not once did he make a "good" save. He was too slow across the crease, and he probably plays smaller than I've ever seen an NHL goalie play... and he's 6'6''. Rarely were routine saves made cleanly. Stupid ass rebounds were given to extend possessions. Kari on his worst day wins us this game against the islanders.