• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Stabbing Near AT&T Park

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess there was a guy who was stabbed to death a couple blocks away from the stadium last night. He wasn't wearing Dodger colors, but the people he was with were. They aren't sure if this was Giants fans vs Dodger fans, but if it was I am really embarrassed to be a Giants fan right now. It is getting out of control and I am sure every team/rivalry has things like this happen, but it is to a point where you can't even cheer for your own team. I love the Giants/Dodgers rivalry. Some shit talking is always good too, as long as it is in good fun. But what is the difference between between incidences like this and gang violence? I almost got in a fight at a Dodgers game because grown men were calling my 7 year old nephew names for being a Giants fan. I don't know, I guess I just held Giants/Niners fans to a higher standard, or aybe it is because I just had a kid and I am turning into a pussy. Just had to rant about it cause it really messed with my head when I keep hearing about things like this. You should never lose your life/ be beaten to a coma because of your allegiance to a team.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tall, I hear you man. I live in LA, have had multiple run-ins at Dodger Stadium, but also feel as if the shit-head element has been TERRIBLE at Niner games for years to the point where I refuse to go to games anymore...and I ROOT for the Niners! Giants games have gotten consistently worse and frankly, as horrible as it sounds, I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. This isn't even about security anymore, it's about a lack of common sense and human decency. Utter bullshit.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tall, I hear you man. I live in LA, have had multiple run-ins at Dodger Stadium, but also feel as if the shit-head element has been TERRIBLE at Niner games for years to the point where I refuse to go to games anymore...and I ROOT for the Niners! Giants games have gotten consistently worse and frankly, as horrible as it sounds, I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. This isn't even about security anymore, it's about a lack of common sense and human decency. Utter bullshit.

Exactly. I hate to be that guy, but I do think they need to stop selling alcohol at games. Being drunk and the mob mentality is a scary combination. I am in LA too, and it can be pretty rough at Dodger games, but it seems like SF is getting to be the same way. My chick has 8 seats, season tickets and wanted me to go to the Giants/Dodgers game where the Giants won like 19-3 and didn't even want to go. And those seats are good seats in the less rowdy section. Last time we went though, I was helping her uncle up the stairs because he has a disease and is in a wheelchair cause his legs barely work. The entire time we made our way up the stairs people were yelling shit at him making fun of him saying, "must be a Giants fan" and things like that when he is actually a Dodger fan of like 40 years. After that I haven't gone back to a game.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I hate to be that guy, but I do think they need to stop selling alcohol at games. Being drunk and the mob mentality is a scary combination. I am in LA too, and it can be pretty rough at Dodger games, but it seems like SF is getting to be the same way. My chick has 8 seats, season tickets and wanted me to go to the Giants/Dodgers game where the Giants won like 19-3 and didn't even want to go. And those seats are good seats in the less rowdy section. Last time we went though, I was helping her uncle up the stairs because he has a disease and is in a wheelchair cause his legs barely work. The entire time we made our way up the stairs people were yelling shit at him making fun of him saying, "must be a Giants fan" and things like that when he is actually a Dodger fan of like 40 years. After that I haven't gone back to a game.

I've gotten into fights there, been spit on, had shit thrown at me, had the windows in my car bashed in. I was at the game where a Giants fan was shot and killed by a Dodger fan in the parking lot.

I went to a Niners/Rams game a couple years back and witnessed no more then 20 feet from me a knife fight between a Rams fan and a Niner fan. I don't feel safe and I'm a dude that most people stay away from, with tattoos, facial hair, shaved head, 6'2 250. The last baseball game I went to, I went with my wife and daughter and I even had people talking shit and threatening to fight me while I held my then-10 month old daughter.

This is no longer a fan base thing. "The Raider Mentality" is something that unfortunately has spread to each and every fan base and if you are in denial, it is just a matter of time before this sort of stupidity happens at a park near you. It's a fucking travesty!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess there was a guy who was stabbed to death a couple blocks away from the stadium last night. He wasn't wearing Dodger colors, but the people he was with were. They aren't sure if this was Giants fans vs Dodger fans, but if it was I am really embarrassed to be a Giants fan right now. It is getting out of control and I am sure every team/rivalry has things like this happen, but it is to a point where you can't even cheer for your own team. I love the Giants/Dodgers rivalry. Some shit talking is always good too, as long as it is in good fun. But what is the difference between between incidences like this and gang violence? I almost got in a fight at a Dodgers game because grown men were calling my 7 year old nephew names for being a Giants fan. I don't know, I guess I just held Giants/Niners fans to a higher standard, or aybe it is because I just had a kid and I am turning into a pussy. Just had to rant about it cause it really messed with my head when I keep hearing about things like this. You should never lose your life/ be beaten to a coma because of your allegiance to a team.

Its a shame that people can't leave it at that and have a good time with it. As a teenager at 49er-Raider games and Giants-Dodger games we used to talk friendly shit to each other all the time and I never had any problems. Not like that anymore.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've gotten into fights there, been spit on, had shit thrown at me, had the windows in my car bashed in. I was at the game where a Giants fan was shot and killed by a Dodger fan in the parking lot.

I went to a Niners/Rams game a couple years back and witnessed no more then 20 feet from me a knife fight between a Rams fan and a Niner fan. I don't feel safe and I'm a dude that most people stay away from, with tattoos, facial hair, shaved head, 6'2 250. The last baseball game I went to, I went with my wife and daughter and I even had people talking shit and threatening to fight me while I held my then-10 month old daughter.

This is no longer a fan base thing. "The Raider Mentality" is something that unfortunately has spread to each and every fan base and if you are in denial, it is just a matter of time before this sort of stupidity happens at a park near you. It's a fucking travesty![/QUOTE]

Can't give my opinion on why this has started happenning in the last 10-15 years or so. I'm already on thin ice with some of the uber mods for this web site.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a shame that people can't leave it at that and have a good time with it. As a teenager at 49er-Raider games and Giants-Dodger games we used to talk friendly shit to each other all the time and I never had any problems. Not like that anymore.

Very unfortunate. Too many idiots who take pro sports way too seriously. Its entertainment. It is okay to be passionaite to a point but keep it in perspective.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is no longer a fan base thing. "The Raider Mentality" is something that unfortunately has spread to each and every fan base and if you are in denial, it is just a matter of time before this sort of stupidity happens at a park near you. It's a fucking travesty![/QUOTE]

Can't give my opinion on why this has started happenning in the last 10-15 years or so. I'm already on thin ice with some of the uber mods for this web site.

The ONLY thing that even resembles a good thing to come out of this for me is this: It's not always the Dodger fans fault. Like has been noted a few times here, this problem is everywhere, and not just in certain places.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very sad to hear about such Bull Shiet actions. Makes me think twice about attending any more Giants, Sharks, 49er games. I blame alchol, too many people dont know when to say enough.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ONLY thing that even resembles a good thing to come out of this for me is this: It's not always the Dodger fans fault. Like has been noted a few times here, this problem is everywhere, and not just in certain places.

I have witnessed idiot fans all over. The only place where I have not is at Warrior games although I am sure someone has.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very sad to hear about such Bull Shiet actions. Makes me think twice about attending any more Giants, Sharks, 49er games. I blame alchol, too many people dont know when to say enough.

I still go to games. What I will never do is go to another team's stadium wearing my team's gear. Just not worth it for me anyway.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
California top to bottom is straight trash right now. All of it - Bay Area, LA, SD - is garbage when it comes to stuff like this. Too many people looking for fights everywhere you go. And it's not just at games.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still go to games. What I will never do is go to another team's stadium wearing my team's gear. Just not worth it for me anyway.

I go all the time to San Diego's and Arizona's stadiums and never have a problem with wearing SF gear. Perhaps because there are so many Giants fans in both stadiums.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It has BEEN out of control for a long time. These stories of people being killed because of rivalries hits close to home for me because I knew someone who became one of these stories.

Family friend Tim Griffith was murdered in 2004 over this stupid rivalry shit as he was leaving the Giants/Padres game in which Barry Bonds hit his 700th homerun because Tim had a few drinks during the game, I guess he was a little wobbly on his feet, and his hand accidentally brushed against the sidemirror of a Padres' fan's car as he was walking from the stadium. 3 Padres fans jumped out of the car, stabbed Tim to death & beat his friend unconscious.

I remember hearing about the story before I knew who died, and remembering that Tim was at the game, but I never thought it was actually him, as I planned on asking him if he'd merely heard about the killing. I was in shock when I found out it was actually my friend. I saw his mother not too long after I found out, and it was extremely hard to see her, grieving her son's death & crying as she described what the investigators told her about the case.

The shithead murderer had the balls to claim self defense in court. Luckily the jury didn't fall for it and he was found guilty.

But anyways, my heart goes out to the family of the Dodger fan who was stabbed to death. This violence is fucking stupid, and as someone else in this thread mentioned, it might be time to stop serving alcohol at games because people can't handle their alcohol.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That kind of shit doesn't even happen in Detroit. CA is FUCKED UP.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I go all the time to San Diego's and Arizona's stadiums and never have a problem with wearing SF gear. Perhaps because there are so many Giants fans in both stadiums.

Glad you never had a bad experience. I don't want to chance it. All it takes is one idiot.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has BEEN out of control for a long time. These stories of people being killed because of rivalries hits close to home for me because I knew someone who became one of these stories.

Family friend Tim Griffith was murdered in 2004 over this stupid rivalry shit as he was leaving the Giants/Padres game in which Barry Bonds hit his 700th homerun because Tim had a few drinks during the game, I guess he was a little wobbly on his feet, and his hand accidentally brushed against the sidemirror of a Padres' fan's car as he was walking from the stadium. 3 Padres fans jumped out of the car, stabbed Tim to death & beat his friend unconscious.

I remember hearing about the story before I knew who died, and remembering that Tim was at the game, but I never thought it was actually him, as I planned on asking him if he'd merely heard about the killing. I was in shock when I found out it was actually my friend. I saw his mother not too long after I found out, and it was extremely hard to see her, grieving her son's death & crying as she described what the investigators told her about the case.

The shithead murderer had the balls to claim self defense in court. Luckily the jury didn't fall for it and he was found guilty.

But anyways, my heart goes out to the family of the Dodger fan who was stabbed to death. This violence is fucking stupid, and as someone else in this thread mentioned, it might be time to stop serving alcohol at games because people can't handle their alcohol.

Were the suspects gang bangers?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you never had a bad experience. I don't want to chance it. All it takes is one idiot.

I am very careful about what I say or do in any venue these days. People are looking for an excuse to attack someone and take their frustrations out on.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some Mexican cats. At least 1 fled to Mexico, but eventually came back.

I did a Google search and found an old article. the article stated they were suspected of having gang ties. It would not surprise me. These people have absolutely no regard for human life. They kill each other over the color clothes they wear.