• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - SF not safe?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from Ann Killions article
NFL playoffs: Need to knows

- We interrupt the 49ers lovefest for a grim report from Candlestick Park. A friend of mine who grew up in New Orleans went to the game with his two teenage daughters. Yes, they were wearing Saints gear. Yes, they expected some friendly harassment. No, they didn’t expect what they got. This is how he described his experience:

“While walking through the parking lots we had footballs thrown at us, guys screaming curses in our faces -- my daughters asked if I had heard the guy who yelled "your mother's a whore," which I had, but couldn't show a reaction for fear for my daughters' and my own safety. We finally took to shadowing two cops who were strolling through the lots until we dashed for what we thought would be the relative sanity of the stadium.

“The stadium was no better. Every other word from dozens of fans around us was an F-bomb shouted at the top of their lungs. There were seven or eight large 30-35 year old guys directly behind who cursed and threatened us the entire game. After one string of profanities I turned around to look at them and the most obnoxious and combative of the bunch yelled " Do not turn around again! Do not EVER turn around again you (expletive)". They used gay slurs repeatedly at the husband of a middle-aged couple in front of us, the only other Saints fan in our area, and called his wife a bitch. A 49ers fan in front of him would react to every Saints score by turning around, pointing and screaming at the guy that he was going to "(expletive) kill you if you cheer again."

Oh, I love selective editing of stories...

What this loser conveniently didnt post from the article... DIRECTLY after the point where he left off...

Over the course of the weekend, I’ve talked to six other fans -- two of whom were Saints fans in gear -- who reported not witnessing any such behavior. My other Saints friends suffered nothing more than good-natured heckling. But it’s inexcusable for even a small percentage of fans to suffer such harassment.

Read more: NFL playoffs: Need to knows
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've been to Candlestick....wild estimate.....about 350 times in my life. And I'm not sure I've ever felt even mildly threatened a single time. If these portrayals aren't totally made up, then I can't help but feel they are the distorted perceptions of paranoid tourists. "Every other word was an F-bomb?" Does a single person believe this......whoever wrote that is just a spaz.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the Giants board the thread is getting pretty heated. I love how their fans are on such a high horse talking about how nothing ever happens in NY. And how much the city of SF sucks. If that's the case, why does every broadcaster always say that is their favorite city to go to?? Sometimes I can't stand the internet and people for that matter.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've been to Candlestick....wild estimate.....about 350 times in my life. And I'm not sure I've ever felt even mildly threatened a single time. If these portrayals aren't totally made up, then I can't help but feel they are the distorted perceptions of paranoid tourists. "Every other word was an F-bomb?" Does a single person believe this......whoever wrote that is just a spaz.

Because you are a 49ers fan.....at least I hope you are.