• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Sapp in The HoF?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF? You gotta be kiddin' me!

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deserved.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who thinks Sapp isn't deserving...can't be many.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sapp is easily a HOFer. Lame post.

Thread turned into an annoying argument about race or sexual preference by Toby / NN in 5..... 4..... 3..... 2......

Bullshit. Sapp's induction cheapens the HoF. He was pretty good, certainly not great and most definitely not HoF-worthy.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he deserves it, but no fucking way was he a 1st ballot HoFer. He wasn't on the same level of John Randle. Unfortunately this fake legend was built for Sapp by John Madden when he just fell in love with the guy because he would talk shit to Favre. You know Madden, any and every reason to talk about nothing else but Favre, so he gobbled it up.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sapp is easily a HOFer. Lame post.

Thread turned into an annoying argument about race or sexual preference by Toby / NN in 5..... 4..... 3..... 2......

Bullshit. Sapp's induction cheapens the HoF. He was pretty good, certainly not great and most definitely not HoF-worthy.

You forgot the part where you claim that he wasn't great but rather good and only good because of the genes that were modified by the subjugation of the slaves 150+ years ago. And he's gay. Right?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because he's a POS doesn't mean he wasn't a good player. I don't know if he is first ballot but he was good enough to get in eventually.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sapp first ballot hall of famer. Bryant Young isn't, but their stats are almost identical. Go figure.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because he's a POS doesn't mean he wasn't a good player. I don't know if he is first ballot but he was good enough to get in eventually.

I didn't pay enough attention to see it was his first ballot. He is not first ballot worthy, IMO. They should have waited at least a year.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think he deserves it, but no fucking way was he a 1st ballot HoFer. He wasn't on the same level of John Randle. Unfortunately this fake legend was built for Sapp by John Madden when he just fell in love with the guy because he would talk shit to Favre. You know Madden, any and every reason to talk about nothing else but Favre, so he gobbled it up.

It's funny you mention that...

Just the other day I was thinking about how Madden elevated the legend known as Brett Favre...

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Deserving but maybe not 1st ballot.

Until Charles Haley is inducted the HOF voting will always be dubious to me.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: Sapp isn't even part of the 100 sacks club. I wonder if the NFL Network has some pull as to who gets into the HOF. Sapp was a good player,no doubt, but I can think of many that were better....that deserve to be in the HOF before him.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow the hatred is dripping...

Sapp, among most dominant DTs ever, no surprise for Hall of Fame - CBSSports

The Hall of Fame is voted on by people who know the game of Football, not fans who cant even put together a Fantasy Team...

A LT Hall Of Famer Jonathan Ogden, had to worry about a 3 Tech DT named Warren Sapp. He did not have to do that with John Randle or any other DT in his Hall of Fame Career.

Warren Sapp is the Modern Day version of Mean Joe Greene. MJG started the Tilted Nose in a 4-3 because of his Hall of Fame quickness. Warren Sapp started the Tampa 2 because he could BUST through double teams and triple teams EVERY SINGLE PLAY.

The Biggest Lie in Football is Defensive Ends get Double Teamed. They Do Not, Maybe 8% of a season does a DE get Double Teamed. Warren Sapp faced Double Teams 88% of a season.

Sapp also made everyone around him better. Brad Culpepper is a Great Example. A guy that was cut and about to be out of the NFL in 1995. Culpepper had 4 sacks in 42 games Without Sapp.
95 - 4 Sacks
96 - 1.5 Sacks
97 - 8.5 Sacks
98 - 9 Sacks
99 - 6 Sacks

2000 on Chicago he had one sack and was cut and out of football.
Brad Culpepper NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Warren Sapp Destroyed the Niners Dynasty, and for the next 14 years the Niners just Lost and Lost and Lost. Maybe that is why you degrade his on field accomplishments...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the 100 sack club really means anything the fact Lynn Swann is in the hall proves numbers don't really mean anything... Sapp deserves the hall but I agree he should have had to wait a year or two.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF? You gotta be kiddin' me!

I thought you just didn't know shit about golf, but I guess it is all sports.

:lame:

One of the best DT's to play the game! You can't be serious.

First ballot and made it on first try. Haha

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I don't understand the focus on "first ballot." You're either a hall of famer or you aren't. Whether you go in on first, second or fifteenth ballot shouldn't matter.

You also have to consider that who else is eligible each year.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow the hatred is dripping...

Sapp, among most dominant DTs ever, no surprise for Hall of Fame - CBSSports

The Hall of Fame is voted on by people who know the game of Football, not fans who cant even put together a Fantasy Team...

A LT Hall Of Famer Jonathan Ogden, had to worry about a 3 Tech DT named Warren Sapp. He did not have to do that with John Randle or any other DT in his Hall of Fame Career.

Warren Sapp is the Modern Day version of Mean Joe Greene. MJG started the Tilted Nose in a 4-3 because of his Hall of Fame quickness. Warren Sapp started the Tampa 2 because he could BUST through double teams and triple teams EVERY SINGLE PLAY.

The Biggest Lie in Football is Defensive Ends get Double Teamed. They Do Not, Maybe 8% of a season does a DE get Double Teamed. Warren Sapp faced Double Teams 88% of a season.

Sapp also made everyone around him better. Brad Culpepper is a Great Example. A guy that was cut and about to be out of the NFL in 1995. Culpepper had 4 sacks in 42 games Without Sapp.
95 - 4 Sacks
96 - 1.5 Sacks
97 - 8.5 Sacks
98 - 9 Sacks
99 - 6 Sacks

2000 on Chicago he had one sack and was cut and out of football.
Brad Culpepper NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Warren Sapp Destroyed the Niners Dynasty, and for the next 14 years the Niners just Lost and Lost and Lost. Maybe that is why you degrade his on field accomplishments..

Was Warren Sapp disguised as Aeneas Williams and playing for the Cardinals in 99?

I would take Bryant Young over Warren Sapp. Maybe that's because I'm a Niner fan, but it's probably because Young was a better player and better teammate.

Sapp was very much a product of the Bucs scheme. How did things work out for him in Oakland?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't understand the focus on "first ballot." You're either a hall of famer or you aren't. Whether you go in on first, second or fifteenth ballot shouldn't matter.

You also have to consider that who else is eligible each year.

The Hall of Fame is prestigious as it is but it's even more prestigious for a player to get in with the 1st ballot.

To get in with your 1st ballot means there is no debate and you were clearly deserving to be in the HOF.