• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Rudy Gay traded to the Kings

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?

The particulars give or take

1) Rudy Gay, Aaron Gray, Quincy Acy,

for

2) Salmons, Vasquez, Patterson, Hayes

So basically TOR lost Calderon / Davis in 2012 for Salmons, Vasquez, Patterson, Hayes, Tank mode is fully on. How long before Hayes gets waived? 5 million might be to much for Hayes, but if we can get him for the vet minimum for the rest of the year, that would be sweet.

It's going to be interesting to see how Cousins/Gay/Thomas/Fredette/McLemore/Thompson group do. Malone will have his work cut out of him.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if that wasn't weird enough, the Gay-less Raptors are beating LA in LA, spoiling "The Return" of Kobe Bryant. :laugh3:

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Toronto will likely be better without Gay - this probably helps them as a team, as well as from a contract / future perspective.

Yeah, on the heels of the deal in which they recently picked up Derrick Williams, it looks like the Kings are more interested in picking up athletes than good team players. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. Cousins and Gay on the court together will be a trip, I could see Cousins giving the stink-eye to Gay 3-4 times per game as he watches Rudy shoot crazy long 2's instead of dumping it down to Cousins.

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto will likely be better without Gay - this probably helps them as a team, as well as from a contract / future perspective.

Yeah, on the heels of the deal in which they recently picked up Derrick Williams, it looks like the Kings are more interested in picking up athletes than good team players. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. Cousins and Gay on the court together will be a trip, I could see Cousins giving the stink-eye to Gay 3-4 times per game as he watches Rudy shoot crazy long 2's instead of dumping it down to Cousins.

It seems like the Kings have no idea what they are doing, but I guess that shouldn't surprise me. Gay and Williams have talent, but adding both of them doesn't really make sense to me. I thought maybe they were going to give Williams some good run at the 3 because I don't think his game is sooted for big minutes at the 4. I thought it was a low risk/high reward type of deal.The Gay deal I don't like at all for the Kings. The worst part is you extend Cousins and IMO should be surrounding him with quality shooters and Rudy Gay is one of the last guys I would pair with Cousins. Gay is one of those guys who won't ever be a winner until he changes his game. He has a ton of talent, but just not a smart player. Things could get ugly in Sac.

Good deal for Toronto though as I think Vazquez is a quality player and definitely a guy they will be able to move at the deadline. I'd love to have him coming off the bench, but I know that won't happen. The deal also saves them a lot of money next year, pretty smart to get rid of Gay now.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bringing on Gay (and his contract) in Sacramento is how bad teams stay bad.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Kings are in as bad of a situation as you think. Isaiah is their best point guard, he'll get a chance to lead.

Thomas/McLemore/Gay/Landry/Cousins is a pretty good starting 5 and Gay is a massive expiring deal next season if it doesn't work out.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Kings are in as bad of a situation as you think. Isaiah is their best point guard, he'll get a chance to lead.

Thomas/McLemore/Gay/Landry/Cousins is a pretty good starting 5 and Gay is a massive expiring deal next season if it doesn't work out.

I like Thomas, I have him on my fantasy team, a little undersized, and turns it over often, but he drives to the rim without hesitation and gets to the line.

I think we all know Gay isn't the long term answer up there, if Cousins is going to be the 'chise, I would have thought they would have kept the complimentary players who can spot up and shoot. Vasquez although a smaller player, would have probably been a better fit.

Maybe Cousins was pushing hard for a trade/reworking of the roster?