• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Robin Williams dead

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Will Hunting was my movie for his drama.
His Standup for his Comedy.
The Bird Cage was one of my favourites of his.
guy made me fucking laugh and laugh. I mean belly hurting laughs.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I had this thing pretty much memorized in high school

tarukrvktwlb.jpg

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy certainly goes on the best comedians list of all-time, maybe near the top. Very sad.

There certainly is danger in genius - we've seen it in countless celebrity deaths and I know I experienced it last year when probably the smartest friend I've ever had took his own life.

Though not his best movie, I always thought his performance in What Dreams May Come was very underrated. Definitely one of his darker roles that explores suicide. I always liked this speech and he delivers it perfectly...

Last edited by a moderator:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Birdcage was probably my favorite of his movies. Well, I suppose second to Alladin. This sucks.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody see One Hour Photo? Not the greatest movie but he played a great creep in that one.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So sad. May he rest in peace.

I had two good friends from my high school days commit suicide. It is such a painful experience for the family left behind. God bless Williams and those who loved him.

Roamer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robin Williams Dead: Beloved Actor Dies In Apparent Suicide

Gonna wait for more details before I believe what they are saying...

Jeez. RIP, Funny man.
RW's death just goes to show that depression and other types of mental illnesses are no respecters of persons: Rich, poor, famous, funny, powerful or popular. Some of the greatest men in history battled the demons of depression from Picasso to Alexander The Great.

Not long ago they would stick the sufferes in a mental institution and throw away the key. Medical Science is finally giving mental illness the attention it deserves and have made great progress in diagnosing and treatment but we're still a long ways from solving this puzzle.

RIP RW!

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to me, 3 tweets last night from David Frum summarize depression and the correlation with addiction

We’re never going to get anywhere till we take seriously that depression is an illness, not a weakness.

The fact that they haven’t yet invented the medicine for your disease, doesn’t make it any less a disease.

Depression so often the master disease behind addiction, obesity, etc. RT @jmauser: A lot of people find their own medicine.

Spiny Norman

Not Quite Dead
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that I notice is that everybody...(except that douche-bag Shepard Smith who called him a coward) always says what a nice (or kind or caring, etc) person he was
and whoever mentioned it...I remember that episode of "Homicide..." with him, it was awesome

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to me, 3 tweets last night from David Frum summarize depression and the correlation with addiction

We’re never going to get anywhere till we take seriously that depression is an illness, not a weakness.

The fact that they haven’t yet invented the medicine for your disease, doesn’t make it any less a disease.

Depression so often the master disease behind addiction, obesity, etc. RT @jmauser: A lot of people find their own medicine.

When I was in the middle of that battle, the last thing I wanted to hear was "But why? You have so much going for you"

I knew that. But I was just incapable of seeing it. That's what it does to you.

I've seen quite a few people say "how could he be depressed, he was so funny!". Funny does not equal happy. Just like Rich, Successful, Smart or good looking doesn't. Only happy equals happy. And it's hard to get to and stay there.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that I notice is that everybody...(except that douche-bag Shepard Smith who called him a coward) always says what a nice (or kind or caring, etc) person he was
and whoever mentioned it...I remember that episode of "Homicide..." with him, it was awesome

It was really a great role for him, just so sad. I think I remember reading he did that as a favor for Barry Levinson.
Side note: one of the kids in that was Jake Gyleyenhallal (might be misspelled but I think I got it right)

I've seen quite a few people say "how could he be depressed, he was so funny!". Funny does not equal happy. Just like Rich, Successful, Smart or good looking doesn't. Only happy equals happy. And it's hard to get to and stay there.

Sadly while it may seem odd to some, many comedians - if not most, have depression issues.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was really a great role for him, just so sad. I think I remember reading he did that as a favor for Barry Levinson.
Side note: one of the kids in that was Jake Gyleyenhallal (might be misspelled but I think I got it right)

Sadly while it may seem odd to some, many comedians - if not most, have depression issues.

I think it is a coping mechanism for many.