• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - PGA News and Notes

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pic of car

Yikes! We sure Gretzky wasn't driving?

Hope Tiger has a full recovery but that picture sure makes it look like "It's Over" in the hunt for #18 department. Let's just hope his health is okay.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Single-vehicle accident. Hope he's okay but gut tells me idiot was doing something stupid again.
Not trying to kid around but have this feeling:

Guys, you really shouldn't be speculating when we don't...

Caps are going all the way this year. 2010 is the year!!!!
Tiger's back and he's going to be catching Jack in no time!
I know it's only February, but I have a feeling 2020 is going to be a great year!

...ya know what, nevermind.

I honestly wonder if he fell asleep. Painkillers definitely can cause drowsiness. The more I think about it the more I'm sure of it!

In any case, lesson learned for me toda...oh fuck.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never have been the biggest Tiger fan (@elocomotive knows this to be true), but I wouldn't wish this on anybody. Hang in there, Tiger!

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recently had another back surgery. History of having developed problems with the pain medications from previous surgeries. 7:15 AM.

Get a driver to take you around Tiger.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time I'm earing about this. ;)

(edit: oops, sorry gov'na, looks like I left off me "h" by accident)

Why are you putting so much emphasis on the 'h'?

tenor.gif

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
based on what I've read on various sites:

- Tiger was driving the complimentary rental provided to him for the weekend tournament. Apparently it's not uncommon for players to use these cars for several days after the tournament.
- He also had a commitment for some sort of celebrity golf lessons on Monday and Tuesday. I read one report that he drove off in a hurry Tuesday morning. Presumably he was running late.

IMO it's very likely he was not impaired, with the possible exception of prescription pain killers. It's much more likely he was simply late for his appointment, and driving too fast.

One of the problems with people like Tiger, who have "larger than life" accomplishments, is they occasionally con themselves into believing they are capable of super-human tasks. (such as driving between 60-80 on steep/curved road where he should have been going about half that speed)

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
based on what I've read on various sites:

- Tiger was driving the complimentary rental provided to him for the weekend tournament. Apparently it's not uncommon for players to use these cars for several days after the tournament.
- He also had a commitment for some sort of celebrity golf lessons on Monday and Tuesday. I read one report that he drove off in a hurry Tuesday morning. Presumably he was running late.

IMO it's very likely he was not impaired, with the possible exception of prescription pain killers. It's much more likely he was simply late for his appointment, and driving too fast.

One of the problems with people like Tiger, who have "larger than life" accomplishments, is they occasionally con themselves into believing they are capable of super-human tasks. (such as driving between 60-80 on steep/curved road where he should have been going about half that speed)
Yeah, the top golfers do get provided cars, and the rest get driven around in cars also provided by local dealerships. I have driven golfers to and from the airport for the Memorial in nice, fancy new Toyota 4 Runners. It's kinda cool, never know who you're gonna get. It is also kinda cool to see the collection of private jets start to stack up. It's a good way to get free tickets to the tourney. I just wish Porsche or Audi would sponsor it.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the top golfers do get provided cars, and the rest get driven around in cars also provided by local dealerships. I have driven golfers to and from the airport for the Memorial in nice, fancy new Toyota 4 Runners. It's kinda cool, never know who you're gonna get. It is also kinda cool to see the collection of private jets start to stack up. It's a good way to get free tickets to the tourney. I just wish Porsche or Audi would sponsor it.

Sounds like a pretty fun job, Forrest. ;)

Who's your top guy and/or favorite guy you've driven?

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably deserves a reckless driving charge at least?

So he drives off the road and there are no charges? I just assumed he'd be under the influence of something, be it pain killers or something.

But nothing? Man it must be nice being Tiger Woods.