• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Palmer to the Raiders getting close?

Thepatty13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bold move by oakland. We all know that they overpaid, because it was the only way to get palmer. Cincy was set on not trading him. (they were being stubbon as hell) but when oakland offers you potentially 2 1st rounders that kind of forces you to trade him.

Thepatty13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hue Jackson was with the Bengals when Palmer was there so he might not have to difficult a time getting up to speed on what the Raiders do on offense. It's only next years 1st round pick and possibly a 2013 1st round pick depending on performance I assume.

It's a lot to give up and I'm not sure Palmer is worth it, but I have never been sold on Jason Campbell since he came out of college. I think Palmer will be better in that offense.

I believe Campell is a much better qb than Smith. Agree or disagree?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With the Radiers playing good football and a chance to make a push for the playoffs(divison/wc), this is a move to get them there....

I like it, it shows the fans(and players) they're not throwing away this chance.

There is no question the Raiders did/are/will over-pay for Palmer, but your point is spot-on, 'X'. It does send a positive message to the fan base that they are willing to do (or spend) what ever it takes to not squander this opportunity.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has campbell shown to make you say he's better than smith? And two 1st is just amazing im kind of speechless.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As soon as I heard about the Palmer trade and the high draft picks involved I thought of Futurama and the heads in a jar.

Is Al's head in a jar somewhere making all the decisions?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Brown just won himself a bracelet. Perfectly played.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who ever there new GM will be will have his hands full in the next two drafts. They will have to draft current players just to makeup picks thats they've lost for bogus trades
Seymour 2 round pick
Palmer 2 first round picks
= 2013 they wont even be Raiders. LOL

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll have 1 5th and 6th next draft. They might as well take a vacation. It will be interesting to see how Palmer re-works his deal since they Raiders only have $6 mill of cap space.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Two images in this thread making me laugh......Al Davis's head in a jar Futurama-style still running everything.....and Al making a will that has players in it he demands they acquire. Neither thing seems all that unlikely.

Crazy trade by the way. Even as an emergency, short-term measure to ensure playoffs its not all that solid because he's rusty AND needs time to learn, and long-term its just such a huge price for an old guy.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bold move by oakland. We all know that they overpaid, because it was the only way to get palmer. Cincy was set on not trading him. (they were being stubbon as hell) but when oakland offers you potentially 2 1st rounders that kind of forces you to trade him.

Very true. It would be incredibly dumb of them to not make the trade. If Cinci drafts like they did this past year, then i think the future for them is bright. Imagine if they could find a way to get Justin Blackmon and pair him with AJ Green. They already have a solid Defense and their Offense is improving every week. On the other hand the Raiders have hardly any draft picks left for next year.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Raiders will regret this move,Palmers best days are behind him,on the bright side what a deal for the Bengals,,,they should be GIDDY after this theft

true, but when its time to use those picks, they still have to make the right choices?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With the Radiers playing good football and a chance to make a push for the playoffs(divison/wc), this is a move to get them there....

I like it, it shows the fans(and players) they're not throwing away this chance.

IF the Raiders have a legit SB contending team NOW, i MIGHT buy this trade? but doing this to make a push for the play-offs isn't a good reason.

i get sending a message and thats fine, but isn't this really "mailing it in"??!! you're hampering yourself beyond 2013 for a CHANCE for play-offs this season?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, 2 First Rounders for Palmer? Oakland is really going all in for the Win one for Al campaign of this season.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to back fired in the Raiders face, Carson has one 1 divison title and last time I checked he had what 20ints the last season he played all 16 games. LMAO if they're thinking Super Bowl with Carson good luck dummmies

To be honest I would rather have C Palmer than watch the raiders blow another first rd pick on another Jamarcus Russell or another player based on 40 time

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
they're committing to the SB this year and next, but they'll really be hurting from 2013 to say 2016 (at least)? cause you won't have top prospects coming in.

will Seymour and Palmer be playing at a high level then?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF the Raiders have a legit SB contending team NOW, i MIGHT buy this trade? but doing this to make a push for the play-offs isn't a good reason.

i get sending a message and thats fine, but isn't this really "mailing it in"??!! you're hampering yourself beyond 2013 for a CHANCE for play-offs this season?

No one really knows who has a legit SB contending team until the Super Bowl itself.(many teams have this description but obviously not all make it)

You got to make a push for the playoffs to get to the SB. The Raiders I believe swept their divison last year no? but failed to qualify(similar to us, 5-1 last yr) But at 4-2, whether they're really a good team or squeek out wins, making this move(overpaid yes, i agree) shows they intend to win sooner than later.

Maybe if Al hadn't passed away, they wouldn't make this move(also if Campell didn't get hurt mostly) but their going for it and I'm not against it from a football fan's perspective.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No one really knows who has a legit SB contending team until the Super Bowl itself.(many teams have this description but obviously not all make it)

You got to make a push for the playoffs to get to the SB. The Raiders I believe swept their divison last year no? but failed to qualify(similar to us, 5-1 last yr) But at 4-2, whether they're really a good team or squeek out wins, making this move(overpaid yes, i agree) shows they intend to win sooner than later.

Maybe if Al hadn't passed away, they wouldn't make this move(also if Campell didn't get hurt mostly) but their going for it and I'm not against it from a football fan's perspective.

yeah ok, being a legit SB contender has subjectivity to it. so let me put it this way, if you had to lay your money (with odds) on an AFC making the SB TODAY, would you lay it on the Raiders?

would they be the first team in your mind? second? third?

this is a HUGE commitment (mortgaging the future) just to make a push?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now there is waffling on the 2013 pick being first roundable. It might be a 2nd set in stone.