• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Obama to respond to Syria bombing.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw the speech on CBS live right now.

Obama will seek military authorization to respond to the Syria bombing. Congress will take a vote on his plan for "limited military action".

Thoughts?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know.

Just posting this because I saw it on Facebook and it apparently has some info in it - though I can't vouch for bias politically or whatnot. I did number 9 and skipped to the bottom, but even then I didn't read it. I hope those who are in the military are successful and I hope the most possible are safe, but I'm not big enough to join. I know me saying that would piss off a lot of people who have lost loved ones or served, but that's what makes them so special. I can't do it.

9 questions about Syria you were too embarrassed to ask

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. I read # 9 too.

I think they should strike back against Assad to punish his use of chemical weapons, and to try to get them out of their hands. But it's a complicated issue with many moves that will be made afterwards.

Rocinante

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so tired of war. I'm tired of the U.S. thinking it has to be the World's Police. It doesn't. We just got out of a war and are still engaged in another one. Do we have a two war minimum law that I don't know about? Here's an idea. Let's try and focus on improving our own country and let other countries handle their own affairs for a change. Let's see if Russia and the U.N. can handle this one. How about we try paying our debt to the Chinese and Japanese down instead of accruing more on a war we do not need to be involved in. Syria is no threat to our National Security. A large percentage of the population can't afford health care. Let's work on that. Our Education system sucks. Maybe we could devote a bit more money to the school systems and getting class sizes down beneath 30 instead of sending around 200 hundread $1.4M Cruise Missiles into Demascus as part of an initial air strike. Priorities I guess.

Anyway sorry for the rant.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so tired of war. I'm tired of the U.S. thinking it has to be the World's Police. It doesn't. We just got out of a war and are still engaged in another one. Do we have a two war minimum law that I don't know about? Here's an idea. Let's try and focus on improving our own country and let other countries handle their own affairs for a change. Let's see if Russia and the U.N. can handle this one. How about we try paying our debt to the Chinese and Japanese down instead of accruing more on a war we do not need to be involved in. Syria is no threat to our National Security. A large percentage of the population can't afford health care. Let's work on that. Our Education system sucks. Maybe we could devote a bit more money to the school systems and getting class sizes down beneath 30 instead of sending around 200 hundread $1.4M Cruise Missiles into Demascus as part of an initial air strike. Priorities I guess.

Don't apologize.

This is supposed to be a thread where we can express our opinions on what we think, and what we think should be done.

Thanks for the post.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't apologize.

This is supposed to be a thread where we can express our opinions on what we think, and what we think should be done.

Thanks for the post.

Rants are not only ok, they are encouraged! :)