• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Commercials with heavy women dancing about their diabetes make we want to throw something at the TV. I think I need self-medication, lol.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
So, it seems that the IRS made a change to the W4 form ahead of TY 2020 that completely recalculated all the tax tables based on your elections. Anyone who had filled out a W4 prior to 2020 had all their elections calculated at the previous rates. After 2020, in order for Cheeto Von Fuckface McOrange Nazic*nt to trick stupid people into thinking their taxes went down just adjusted all the tables so people who changed jobs after 2020 got more in their take home pay.

I changed jobs in 2022. So for tax year 2022, filed last year, I broke even. Half the year at a lower salary and previous w4 tables, half at higher salary and newer tax tables, and I was unaware that they had changed. I figure it was because we made some changes to student loans, health savings accounts and other things.

Fast forward to this year, and I was under withheld in my taxes by 6 grand and have a penalty. And I have had to spend the first 3 hours of my day figuring it out myself.

But Biden is president now, so I am supposed to blame him, I guess.
In Canada this year they added a rule (at the last minute) where blind trusts have to file separate tax returns, and are subject to fines if they don't.

A few weeks into tax season, they figured out that this captures every parent with a joint account with their child, or if you have a joint account with a senior to help with the bills (or succession planning). Basically all joint account where the benefit of the asset rest with only one of the parties.

At least the tax department decided to scrap it entirely (for this year at least) rather that try to Band-Aid some fix in on the fly.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since it's tax day in the US, I'll bitch about something else.

City and town governments have gotten the idea that they should control parking lot sizes to control the number of cars they have to deal with. When I lived in Massachusetts I would read a lot of local stories about how towns were restricting small strip malls and restaurants by insisting on lots of handicapped spots and spots for "compact cars only," thinking this would change people's buying habits. No, it just means there aren't enough parking spots, as the handicapped spots are empty and every monster truck takes 1 1/2 compact car spots.

Now, were going to see parking spots reserved for EVs. Let those lazy fucks walk an extra block instead of giving them VIP parking just because they spent $60K on a car that should have cost 30.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a heads up - I use Mint Mobile and Canadian Ryan Reynolds sent me an email stating I was almost out of data with 3 weeks to go in my month. I never run out so that puzzled me. Looking at my WiFi setting - it was turned off by Samsung Smart switch about two weeks before. I remember Smart Switch updating, but have never used it so I am not sure how that happened. Samsung users might want to keep an eye out.

People who think they can fool you lying about whether they smoke or not. You can't. My wife quit about 20 years ago but recently has been smoking one here or there. Her mother recently passed away and she has been spending time in Texas with her sister who smokes so I assume she picked it up from her. And honestly, do what you have to do to get over that - as much as I hate smoking I get it. But I asked her if she was and she said of course not. So now we are playing this game where she comes back from an errand smelling like cigarettes or smelling like air freshener covering cigarettes and I pretend not to notice. :)

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

Start smoking Angel Dust to get even

Loco2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who think they can fool you lying about whether they smoke or not. You can't. My wife quit about 20 years ago but recently has been smoking one here or there. Her mother recently passed away and she has been spending time in Texas with her sister who smokes so I assume she picked it up from her. And honestly, do what you have to do to get over that - as much as I hate smoking I get it. But I asked her if she was and she said of course not. So now we are playing this game where she comes back from an errand smelling like cigarettes or smelling like air freshener covering cigarettes and I pretend not to notice. :)

It's like the old saying, "you can't spell families without I" and there is no "I" in team, @Comeds.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My company is doing a big migration involving PCs and phones. This week is "executive week" so they wanted some people onsite to "white glove" the executives so naturally they selected me. :) I just go and be myself lol and the group of us had a good few days and got a lot of stuff done. A couple times yesterday I got complements from people about how good of a job I was doing, and today my immediate boss sent me an email saying people told him they were impressed.
I could feel good for about 10 minutes before I got another email saying they are debating having kiosks set up at our other locations over the next 6 months as they migrate so people can go for help if they need it. And because of how well I worked with everyone they are thinking about having me there. Grrrrr

Should have dropped a fuck or two the first 10 minutes.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My company is doing a big migration involving PCs and phones. This week is "executive week" so they wanted some people onsite to "white glove" the executives so naturally they selected me. :) I just go and be myself lol and the group of us had a good few days and got a lot of stuff done. A couple times yesterday I got complements from people about how good of a job I was doing, and today my immediate boss sent me an email saying people told him they were impressed.
I could feel good for about 10 minutes before I got another email saying they are debating having kiosks set up at our other locations over the next 6 months as they migrate so people can go for help if they need it. And because of how well I worked with everyone they are thinking about having me there. Grrrrr

Should have dropped a fuck or two the first 10 minutes.
I learned long ago in my corporate career to strive for mediocrity. Most people leave you alone

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I learned long ago in my corporate career to strive for mediocrity. Most people leave you alone
I just texted an old friend and told him he was a genius. One of my first jobs a co-worker told me when bad projects come up - happily volunteer. Then fuck it up and they never ask you again. There's a certain logic to that....

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just texted an old friend and told him he was a genius. One of my first jobs a co-worker told me when bad projects come up - happily volunteer. Then fuck it up and they never ask you again. There's a certain logic to that....
I have almost 28 years with my company and the only benefit of busting your ass is you get more work piled on you.

Union job so there are no bonuses/raises/extra incentives other than what we bargain for in our contract.

I used to be the go-getter when I first started. Now if I get asked to do something extra I tell them my brain is full and I am too old to learn anything new lol

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have almost 28 years with my company and the only benefit of busting your ass is you get more work piled on you.

28 years at the same company?!? That's unheard of these days. The longest I have spent at any one company is 10 years and I wasn't even a full-time employee, I was a IT consultant who they kept extending 1 year at a time.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
28 years at the same company?!? That's unheard of these days. The longest I have spent at any one company is 10 years and I wasn't even a full-time employee, I was a IT consultant who they kept extending 1 year at a time.
Company I am at now did a big shindig for an IT guy that made 30 years back in November. In January, he was let go in a staff reduction.

Quickly determined how loyal I intend to be here. Most I've ever been at one place was 12 years. Doubt I see five here.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and looking back on it I should have went to Bell right out of high school and never went to college. I would have 39 years. Worked in 4 different departments in those 28 years. Been in my current title close to 20

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and looking back on it I should have went to Bell right out of high school and never went to college. I would have 39 years. Worked in 4 different departments in those 28 years. Been in my current title close to 20

That's the dilemma facing a lot of young people these days. I think the trades (plumber, electrician, mechanic, carpenter etc.) are looking more and more appealing these days. Not going into mountains of debt and being your own boss after a few years is a pretty good way to go.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worked one place over 20 years, and another place over 20 years. A few bad choices here and there for a few months each. Then I retired.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took the GF to the eye doctor this week. All in all, we were there a little over an hour. Why the fuck does every doctor's office have a TV with "women's programming" blaring all the time? This one was the Kelly Clarkson show. When they did a studio shot the entire live audience was women, and they all screamed on queue as if it was the Beatles.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the dilemma facing a lot of young people these days. I think the trades (plumber, electrician, mechanic, carpenter etc.) are looking more and more appealing these days. Not going into mountains of debt and being your own boss after a few years is a pretty good way to go.
Y2K was perfectly timed for me. I have no degree, but was able to switch into IT when companies were hiring anyone who could spell CPU. Then I was able to grow with certifications. But I see the ridiculous "minimum qualifications" on job postings now and it blows my mind. I saw a junior level role that wanted a Master's degree.