• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

lol - I would say that at the conclusion of the video, the Nissan is the better car :D

I would rather have a broken ass Audi than a brand new Nissan.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_ls7u7x70ph1qa54sa.gif

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alzheimer's.

My grandmother passed away this morning.

I got married May 6, 1995. That was the last time she knew who I was, and that day was the first one in two years that she did. She didn't really know my wife, never knew our kids. She didn't know any of her great grandchildren after the second (who turns 26 this year). She didn't know that her first great-great grandchild was born two weeks ago. For the last 8 years she thought I was my Grandpop's brother because I look like him.

Dammit.

I can't really be sad, because she was 102. But the long goodbye really sucks.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alzheimer's.

I got married May 6, 1995. That was the last time she knew who I was, and that day was the first one in two years that she did. She didn't really know my wife, never knew our kids. She didn't know any of her great grandchildren after the second (who turns 26 this year). She didn't know that her first great-great grandchild was born two weeks ago. For the last 8 years she thought I was my Grandpop's brother because I look like him.

Dammit.

That sucks 43, I am sorry for your loss.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alzheimer's.

Dammit.

Two of my great grandmothers lived into their upper 90s. One was really sharp up until her death, living alone until her mid 90s. The other one did not have a clue who she or anyone else was for 20 years prior to her death. I never knew her when she was lucid so it didnt affect me much, but was really hard on the rest of the family. I will say she was very happy, she would smile, sing, and laugh all day.

The worst one for me was I had an aunt who lived the last years of her life a the hospital. She had her larynx removed and had a hole in her throat. She always wanted a hug and kiss when we went to see her, and as a 4-6 year old I was terrified.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alzheimer's.

Dammit.

Sorry for your loss, 46.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alzheimer's.

Dammit.

Sorry to hear about that, man.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit! My penis leaking and I have a big stain on my pants.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ should be "pen is"

Damn auto correct.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening of the final part of Charlotte's outer loop highway is now slated for July 20. That's the 3rd or 4th time that this section has been delayed.

But beyond that, the highway - which is approximately 68 miles (or 110km for our Canadian brethren) - broke ground in July of 1988. So by the time they open it, it will have taken more than 27 years to open a 68 mile highway. And they've already had to widen something like 4 different parts of it (one part twice).

That might be a new model for incompetence in road-building right there.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening of the final part of Charlotte's outer loop highway is now slated for July 20. That's the 3rd or 4th time that this section has been delayed.

But beyond that, the highway - which is approximately 68 miles (or 110km for our Canadian brethren) - broke ground in July of 1988. So by the time they open it, it will have taken more than 27 years to open a 68 mile highway. And they've already had to widen something like 4 different parts of it (one part twice).

Clearly you've never been to Pittsburgh. Route 28 laughs at you. Major construction began in 1968, and the Pittsburgh portion hasn't seen more than a few months without construction since probably the mid-70s. As someone who grew up north of town, it always drove me mad that this wasn't easier to use (they spent YEARS buying land on the side of the road so they could widen it).

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clearly you've never been to Pittsburgh. Route 28 laughs at you. Major construction began in 1968, and the Pittsburgh portion hasn't seen more than a few months without construction since probably the mid-70s. As someone who grew up north of town, it always drove me mad that this wasn't easier to use (they spent YEARS buying land on the side of the road so they could widen it).

They both sound insane. Traffic is one of the joys of my life.

Seriously, especially in areas where roads freeze there should be a better substance to pave roads with that doesn't need resurfacing every few years.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spent quite a bit of time in Pittsburgh actually, though generally only driving on 79 or 279.

The entire route for 28 has at least been open for most of this time though, right?

That's the thing that's been so bad in Charlotte is that there isn't even a road there to use yet in one section. They screwed up in a big way by under-designing the road in other areas, but there was at least a road of some form.

They also cost us something like $92M by building a major interchange as a terminus (rather than just partially completing a full interchange) in one spot since the other side wasn't even under construction yet and having to completely replace it then when they finally got around to building the other side.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both sound insane. Traffic is one of the joys of my life.

Seriously, especially in areas where roads freeze there should be a better substance to pave roads with that doesn't need resurfacing every few years.
Haha, Pittsburgh can help you with that too. I don't remember which road (279 maybe), but they were guaranteed that something called Superpave would last 10+ years. But certain sections had to be redone after only 2-3 years around 2003-04 when it was already crumbling.

Pix might be able to provide more details on that than me.