• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I back into spots too but I dont do it when the vultures are circling in a busy lot ... find your spot and claim it by driving in ... dont back in and make other drivers wait when a spot is freeing up just past you

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would indicate poor driving skills. I won't argue that I'm not selfish, but when it comes to backing into a parking space, I'm surgical with that shit.
Well, then you are the exception to the majority. :thumb:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or alternatively, when there's 1 or 2 people sitting at a 4+ person table during the lunch rush.

Or people who sit there reading or playing on their laptop/phone after they're done eating when there's people waiting for a table.
What if all that's available when they get there is a 2 person table? Should they not get to eat because there isn't a 2 person table but there's a perfectly good 4 person table?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or people who sit there reading or playing on their laptop/phone after they're done eating when there's people waiting for a table.

I think smashng said laptop or phone is justifiable in these situations.

/See eloco, I'm not that nice.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if all that's available when they get there is a 2 person table? Should they not get to eat because there isn't a 2 person table but there's a perfectly good 4 person table?
To clarify, I'm talking at self-seating places, not a sit-down.

And they should take that table, sure, but show a bit of awareness of your surroundings. If a two person table opens up next to you and you see a larger group waiting for a table, offer to move for them.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To clarify, I'm talking at self-seating places, not a sit-down.

And they should take that table, sure, but show a bit of awareness of your surroundings. If a two person table opens up next to you and you see a larger group waiting for a table, offer to move for them.
True.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do that. When I do, it's because I want to GTFO when I leave and pull straight out. Doesn't have anything to do with my driving ability.

Don't you think it's significantly more difficult to back into a parking space than back out of one?

But doesn't that create as much time when you park as it saves when you leave? It doesn't bother me, I just never saw the point. And it often seems to me that the people doing it are really bad at it slowing down everyone else.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But doesn't that create as much time when you park as it saves when you leave? It doesn't bother me, I just never saw the point. And it often seems to me that the people doing it are really bad at it slowing down everyone else.

No, probably more, because it takes more time to carefully back into a spot than it does to quickly back out of one.

I didn't say I wanted to save time, in general, I wanted to GTFO when I leave. You know, like when I'm stealing condoms from Rite Aid.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah yes I've heard nice things. I spent a weekend in Canandaigua last year and fell in love.

Yes, beautiful region. When I was much younger me and Mrs 43 (we weren't married yet, she was Miss 27 then) spent a week in Penn Yan and the area. Canadaigua, Watkins Glen, etc. Beautiful.

We went two summer ago when my oldest was considering Cornell and Rochester, and we stayed in Seneca Falls for a few days. I could really get used to that place.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, beautiful region. When I was much younger me and Mrs 43 (we weren't married yet, she was Miss 27 then) spent a week in Penn Yan and the area. Canadaigua, Watkins Glen, etc. Beautiful.

We went two summer ago when my oldest was considering Cornell and Rochester, and we stayed in Seneca Falls for a few days. I could really get used to that place.
Fun quaint little towns and great driving around the lake shores. It's also cheaper than Muskoka, which is nice although it's an extra hour away for me.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who back into parking spaces. Basically they are admitting that they are poor drivers too scared to back out of a space, and they are usually parked crooked or too close to the car next to them.

I don't know why but I feel like I've seen this more of late. Is this a new trend? It needs to stop, right now.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have a niece attending Ithaca College, tuition is 48 grand a year, she does have scholarships to offset some of that tuition, but that's crazy money to pay for university.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a niece attending Ithaca College, tuition is 48 grand a year, she does have scholarships to offset some of that tuition, but that's crazy money to pay for university.

Spoken like a true Canadian :) How do you feel about 50 dollars for aspirin?

/by the way, the bills are starting to roll in for the ribs...

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I'll rephrase. Selfish people who want to GTFO and don't care that they park too close to others or park crooked making the neighboring spaces cramped. :D

Can we make an exception for parking garages? Because I'm the reverse there. I hate when people go to sporting events, park in garage, but don't back in...then they think the whole world is going to make space for them to pull out. Yeah, no buddy.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on the Clarkson bit:
0fQoWb1.jpg

Also the BBC has said the rest of the series is gone now. Last three episodes are cancelled. And the series itself as we know it is probably over.