• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Music Mood Thread

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Reno 911 pounds

and still wearing leather pants!!!

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
End of last school year, the lil biscuit had some trouble with a former friend who was talking some shit about her and trying to pit friends against friends. Typical high school stuff. Last night was back to school/meet the teacher night and the kiddo realized she had two classes with the asshole. We had a good talk about letting people who don't like you do what they do and get back at them by just being awesome and unaffected by their idiocy. I then sang the refrain "In my life, why do I give valuable time to people who don't care if I live or I die?"

So of course, she had to know what that was from. I played it.

In her desire to learn guitar she started asking all sorts of questions about the song and the band and I played a few more. She is now sitting in our family room in her Metallica T-shirt watching videos about how Johnny Marr layered his sound and how to tune to get his jangly sound. I showed her a photo and now she REALLY wants this guitar:
el-gran-johnny-marr-en___SyVIY1YsXx_720x0.jpg

So anyone sees a Fender Jaguar laying around, let me know.

Also, I may need a place to stay once Mrs 43 realizes I have turned a child onto the Smiths / The The / Modest Mouse. She is not a fan. Especially the Smiths.
If she can figure out how to get "How Soon is Now" to sound decent using only one guitar, can you let me know?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every belt is working but they're weakened
Every belt wants to be enhanced
Every belt is going off the deep end
Every belt is on its last last chance (oh)

You want a piece of my heart?
The surgeon is bout to start
Cutting in so slow-oh
Valve replacement lets go!

/ :bolt:

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If she can figure out how to get "How Soon is Now" to sound decent using only one guitar, can you let me know?
Not convinced it's possible with a single guitar, at least not for mortals. But I did find this once. Of course, I have no idea what he is saying.

Here he is live with support of a backup guitarist before solo'ing the fuck out of it.

Side note; belted it out. Strong vocals. Top ten all time song right there.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not convinced it's possible with a single guitar, at least not for mortals. But I did find this once. Of course, I have no idea what he is saying.

Here he is live with support of a backup guitarist before solo'ing the fuck out of it.

Side note; belted it out. Strong vocals. Top ten all time song right there.
@puckhead found this at the bottom of a rabbit hole last night.

TL / DW - Johnny, Andy, Mike and the producer spent a whole evening in the studio messing about and created it. Andy Rourke called it "The bane of Smiths live performances" because the intricacies really can't be reproduced live. Also, the whole thing came about partly because Morrissey didn't want backing vocals and they all felt they needed something else which is where the slide notes came in.

Also, Morrissey laid the vocal track down in 2 takes and it was originally a B-side to another single.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vividly remember the first rhcp song i ever heard ... Magic Johnson .. I remember where my friends Kcar was parked at baseball practice when he played this song and thought what the fuck is this about lol