• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Matt Schaub Out for the Season

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schaub Out

It says he was injured in the second quarter on a QB sneak, but looking at the play-by-play, I can't see why they did a QB sneak on a 2nd and 14 play on their own 1 yard line. This is worse than the Morgan injury.

Just because the Bucs would assume that a RB would get the ball? But then, to get 1 yard when you need 14? Ok, that one yard would save a safety on a missnap punt, but when you're up by 16 and on second down? I don't know much about football but that just sounds dumb - must be something else to it. It either was a botched snap or incorrectly called a QB sneak.

Does anyone know the real story/reason here?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now Matt Leinart gets a chance to prove he's not a bust and his former coach in Arizona was wrong not to play him. It will be interesting. I do not think there is a lot of difference between Sanchez and Leinart except Sanchez seems to want it more while Leinart seemed to just want it handed to him. If Leinart has started to put in the work needed to be an NFL QB I think Houston will be ok, but if he is still the same old guy then they are in trouble.

Then again they have the best 1-2 RB combo in all of football, and yes that includes us. Foster is in my opinion having an MVP like season and Tate is no joke himself.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I liked Sanchez coming out a lot more then Leinart, and I thought Sanchez was going to bust.(still could be right about that one) Leinart is pretty shitty. He cant move at all and has a pussy arm. accuracy is nothing close to special.

They have a strong running game but wont be able to overcome these injuries. Its too bad because I was rooting for them. I really hate New England and Pittsburgh and they look like the only teams that can compete. AFC is actually a pretty big joke this year.
I'd say its a 90% chance its going to be New England or Pittsburgh in the superbowl.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So no one knows why they did a QB sneak on 2nd and 14 at their own 1 yard line with a 16-0 lead? Why risk your QB when a RB would do? RB too predictable? Is it that big of an advantage to kick one yard further (good punters and oline can get that most of the time, right?)?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough loss for the Texans... they finally had the division and a playoff berth nearly wrapped up only to lose it to bad luck....

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So no one knows why they did a QB sneak on 2nd and 14 at their own 1 yard line with a 16-0 lead? Why risk your QB when a RB would do? RB too predictable? Is it that big of an advantage to kick one yard further (good punters and oline can get that most of the time, right?)?

Didn't see it, but I would have to think it's not so much about the yard but more the fear of the safety with a handoff. You have the depth of the handoff as well as possible fumble on the exchange to worry about, so that's why I'd think they called a sneak.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see it, but I would have to think it's not so much about the yard but more the fear of the safety with a handoff. You have the depth of the handoff as well as possible fumble on the exchange to worry about, so that's why I'd think they called a sneak.

Well, I hope we risk the safety then (though with a fumble, it could be a TD). I know, QB sneaks aren't dangerous plays, it just seemed unnecessary on 2nd and 14 - I mean that's giving up one play after first down. Wildcat? JK. Maybe they were trying to avoid this (below).

Last edited by a moderator:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough loss for the Texans... they finally had the division and a playoff berth nearly wrapped up only to lose it to bad luck....

I was thinking the exact same thing. But, they have a lot of talent in the running game and with Andre Johnson... maybe Leinart can do just enough to still get them into the playoffs.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I hope we risk the safety then (though with a fumble, it could be a TD). I know, QB sneaks aren't dangerous plays, it just seemed unnecessary on 2nd and 14 - I mean that's giving up one play after first down. Wildcat? JK. Maybe they were trying to avoid this (below).

That one was classic and now he's the Colts' anchor on the Suck for Luck relay.

Last edited by a moderator: