• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - London Olympics thread

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's correct. NBC expected people to sit through an hour of a sitcom whose time on the air probably won't last 5 episodes in order to see the last 35 minutes of a hastily thrown together wrap up of the Olympics. What a bunch of dumbasses at NBC...how many people lost sleep before a work day to watch a monkey that wasn't even funny? How the fuck can you NOT make a monkey funny, anyway?! Turds.

NBC stands for Not Bro, Cool.

So they played more of the closing (and presumably the credits/montage I wanted to see) AFTER they interupted it with the sitcom. Sucky.

I recorded the wrong thing. Really want to see it. Damn it.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they played more of the closing (and presumably the credits/montage I wanted to see) AFTER they interupted it with the sitcom. Sucky.

I recorded the wrong thing. Really want to see it. Damn it.

I thought we were only gonna see a 10-min sneak peek of that stupid sitcom. When it became clear it was gonna be a lot longer than that, I just changed the channel. I have no idea how the Olympic closing ceremony ended.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

Woman... woe-man... whoooa-man. She was a thief, you gotta believe, she stole my heart and my cat. Betty, Judy, Josie and those hot Pussycats... they make me horny, Saturday morny... girls of cartoo-ins will leave me in ruins... I want to to be Betty's Barney. Hey Jane... get me off this crazy thing... called love.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
mckayla-maroney-50-cent.gif

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's correct. NBC expected people to sit through an hour of a sitcom whose time on the air probably won't last 5 episodes in order to see the last 35 minutes of a hastily thrown together wrap up of the Olympics. What a bunch of dumbasses at NBC...how many people lost sleep before a work day to watch a monkey that wasn't even funny? How the fuck can you NOT make a monkey funny, anyway?! Turds.

NBC stands for Not Bro, Cool.

Andy - the coyote who cares and a monkey wearing clothes, count me in! Does the monkey talk? Please tell me the monkey talks!

I thought NBC stood for Now Bob Costas!

The Who were not bad, much much better than their Super Bowl sleepwalk from a few years ago.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy - the coyote who cares and a monkey wearing clothes, count me in! Does the monkey talk? Please tell me the monkey talks!

I thought NBC stood for Now Bob Costas!

The Who were not bad, much much better than their Super Bowl sleepwalk from a few years ago.

Did they really bring back the Spice Girls?:pound:

Who was the boy band with the lead singer who couldn't sing? He would finish a lyric & add a bit to it:laugh:

Wingingit

Non-Essential
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone already talked about this in the thread I'll appologize up-front, not going to read the whole thread to find out.

What was you're favorite Olympic moment or moments from the London games?

I think mine was the young US Womens Swim Team overall but:

1) Katie Ledecky, 15 years old goes into the pool, free spirit, no belief she would win the 800, breaks the American record, records the second fastest time ever for a woman. The look on her face when she popped up and look at the time board was shear unabashed joy... my fav moment.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone already talked about this in the thread I'll appologize up-front, not going to read the whole thread to find out.

1) Katie Ledecky, 15 years old goes into the pool, free spirit, no belief she would win the 800, breaks the American record, records the second fastest time ever for a woman. The look on her face when she popped up and look at the time board was shear unabashed joy... my fav moment.

I have a couple.

I thought it was really cool after a heat race when the runner from Grenada who went on to win the Gold Medal went up to Oscar Pistorius & exchanged name plates. Great sportsmanship.

Boudiya shocking the World by winning the Men's Platform Diving Gold Medal.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When she was on the podium was one of my favorite moments too.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, probably the night the U.S. women's gymnastics team won gold and Phelps became the all-time winningest medalist.