• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT- Lakers fire Mike Brown

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW... didn't Buss Jr say they were sticking with Brown?

Honestly, Brown didn't have a chance in Kobe's world since day 1 of last year.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown is defense first guy but he honestly did not have the personel to play any defense outside of Artest.

Is D'Antoni on his way????

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW... didn't Buss Jr say they were sticking with Brown?

Honestly, Brown didn't have a chance in Kobe's world since day 1 of last year.

That starts the 36 hour countdown to a coach's firing. You can set your watch to it.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That deserves a

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mike brown is more of a guy that would be best on a young team.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mike brown is more of a guy that would be best on a young team.

a young team willing to play both ways...

Kobe, Nash, Gasol aren't two way players anymore(nash never).....

the offense needs much upgrading but there was no defense and from the little games I've seen, the rotations/lineups weren't good.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Shaw the "coveted" one?

Many liked Shaw because Kobe liked Shaw, but many more thought they needed a coach that had more experience and could command some respect from the other veterans. They got it half right...

If you ask them now though, EEEEEEEVERYONE thought they should have hired Shaw.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many liked Shaw because Kobe liked Shaw, but many more thought they needed a coach that had more experience and could command some respect from the other veterans. They got it half right...

If you ask them now though, EEEEEEEVERYONE thought they should have hired Shaw.

Hard to find "open" coaches that fit that mold. Maybe McMillan now?

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Jackson come out of retirement?

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to find "open" coaches that fit that mold. Maybe McMillan now?

I don't think it's gonna matter. Personally I see a roster where if you play the way you'd need to maximize two of their stars you're essentially neutralizing the other two on that possession. But any HS assistant coach knows more Xs & Os than I do.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firing him is stupid. You basically have a whole new team that you are trying to integrate together. I mean 2 years ago Miami started 6-12 and look what happened. Its VERY rare that guys like this all come together and dominate right away ( Bostons big 3 being the only exception I can think of).

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firing him is stupid. You basically have a whole new team that you are trying to integrate together. I mean 2 years ago Miami started 6-12 and look what happened. Its VERY rare that guys like this all come together and dominate right away ( Bostons big 3 being the only exception I can think of).

I can get behind that rationale, but I also think if you've made the decision that he isn't your guy, you may as well cut the chord now.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers dominated in the regular season right away when they got Karl Malone and Gary Payton. I think when, ironically, Mr. Durability Malone got injured, that's when things failed. I thought they did a good job at putting aside their egos and working together, but Malone never got better enough to fully, consistently contribute. He got 30 points in a game during the first playoff series (oldest guy to do so, I think), but clearly wasn't well, as he had to miss an NBA Finals game. Call him dirty or whatever, but Karl Malone would not miss a game, let alone a Finals game, if he could play.

Got off track there, but I agree that most can't gel quickly. Boston and LA (despite losing in the Finals) did it best. Kobe would call the idea stupid, but if you get Steve Nash, let him be Steve Nash (got injured and didn't play much, but when he did...). Work on your free throws! And Kobe, despite scoring a lot, didn't seem into the Jazz game. I tried to estimate how many points he had in the game, and I felt it was 12 (assumed 20), but it was really 27. Quiet game where he didn't seem like Kobe despite scoring like him (but then again, I'm not a Laker fan familiar with him entirely).

Last edited by a moderator: