• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Kind Of: Old Posts

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been looking back at old posts from when I first signed up here right before the season. It's pretty funny to read a lot of the stuff. I was worried that Bowman wouldn't be as good as Spikes this year, and a bunch of people were thinking that our run D would be a big weakness. Montana said that Notre Dame was closer to a BCS birth than the Niners a playoff birth. Ha. Just fun to put on the hindsight glasses every once and a while and look back. Will say though, I did call the Barkley having a great year and staying in school.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have been looking back at old posts from when I first signed up here right before the season. It's pretty funny to read a lot of the stuff. I was worried that Bowman wouldn't be as good as Spikes this year, and a bunch of people were thinking that our run D would be a big weakness. Montana said that Notre Dame was closer to a BCS birth than the Niners a playoff birth. Ha. Just fun to put on the hindsight glasses every once and a while and look back. Will say though, I did call the Barkley having a great year and staying in school.

I don't think anyone except MW thought Bowman was going to be this good this year. But I am very happy that Barkley is staying in school. We are gonna shove it right up the NCAA's ass next year.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone except MW thought Bowman was going to be this good this year. But I am very happy that Barkley is staying in school. We are gonna shove it right up the NCAA's ass next year.

1z also was/is a huge Bowman fan.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did anyone think we'd win 10+ games? don't think anyone coulda seen such a quick turnaround

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

feel free to drop by the trojans board mozart its nice to have another trojans fan was just me and doom before.Woods and Lee may be the best wr tandem in the nation

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did anyone think we'd win 10+ games? don't think anyone coulda seen such a quick turnaround

I said I wouldn't be surprised if we won 3 or 11. But apparently I was full of shit because I am completely surprised that we won this many games. After the disappointment that was last season, I didn't trust this team but in our division I figured that's some easy wins, and I thought Cincy was gonna be one of the the worst teams in the league, and the Browns.

feel free to drop by the trojans board mozart its nice to have another trojans fan was just me and doom before.Woods and Lee may be the best wr tandem in the nation

I think they are for sure the best tandem in the nation. Especially with Barkley coming back. I was at the Minnesota game last year when Woods broke the USC record for most catches in a game. It was pretty amazing. Couldn't throw an incompletion his way if he wanted to.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everything that has happened this year i predicted :lol:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
didn't get anything right, :-(

just felt with the CBA on top of the coaching change (entire staff), we'd be a 5 win team. felt there was just too much to 'install' and no time to install it. then there was the Alex Smith factor but lets not go there. :-)

also "predicted"...
1. Anthony Davis would be much better by now, he's not close.
2. Crabtree would be close to a "#1 NFL receiver", not bad but he's not there.
3. Vernon Davis' stats would be good cause Harbaugh simply likes TE's.

oh well.................glad i'm wrong on the 5 win season.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I'll check you guys out. Tall Glass is another Trojan fan. "Fight On".

Was just a lot of goofing around on the trojans board but with 2 more fans we can actually talk trojans football.You guys will love me and doom we have been fans for years and love talking Trojan football.A lot of the cfb fans are on the general board and we use the cfb board for gdt's.Definately looking forward to usc making some noise next season I like what they will be putting on the field .

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I sorta got right was saying that Babin would be DPOY. I figured he'd blow up the sacks and get a ton of love for being on the dream team... but the dream team never lived up to it's hype. But, at least Babin got a ton of sacks... yay!

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't get anything right, :-(

just felt with the CBA on top of the coaching change (entire staff), we'd be a 5 win team. felt there was just too much to 'install' and no time to install it. then there was the Alex Smith factor but lets not go there. :-)

also "predicted"...
1. Anthony Davis would be much better by now, he's not close.
2. Crabtree would be close to a "#1 NFL receiver", not bad but he's not there.
3. Vernon Davis' stats would be good cause Harbaugh simply likes TE's.

oh well.................glad i'm wrong on the 5 win season.

I thought the same thing about the CBA and new coaching staff. I just thought that with our division we would be able to compete anyhow. Davis has shown some flashes though, so hopefully he will get there.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I had my doubts about Bowman too. Never thought he was bad, but I didn't think he'dn be this good this fast. Good call on this one for Clyde and Mel Kiper Jr. (who said Bowman was 1st round talent).