• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Joe Pa done

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As reported by NFLN, he has been fired. No link, yet.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a shame his career will go down in flames due to the horrible actions of another man, and those that failed to stop him. Paterno may have been one of those that could have stopped it, but he will be vilified as the head on the body of the beast.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't get the notion that firing him does anything to help Penn State, the victims, or the people demanding to see him go. All it seems to further along is process for people to be able to quickly sweep this aside and move on to the next major news story. A lot of what I have read states it would show cowardice on the part of the school if they let him coach the rest of year, but I think it's the cowards way out to fire him. This will just make it easier for the school to simmer down the heat national media has placed on them.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What am I missing here? Joe Pa, 76~ years old at the time, fired for not telling authorities about that his QB coach saw the DC in the shower with a little boy. He did have the sense to tell the Athletic Director though and there was an investigation by not only PSU but the state. The DC was fired from the football team and told not to shower with boys anymore, but no legal action was pressed against him. How come this didn't gain publicity earlier when it was under investigation? Why wasn't the DC jailed after finding out he did in fact take part in the wrong doing!?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to get into a huge thing about this, but he should be fired and punched in the face. I don't want to hear anything about he didn't know for sure or that he told someone about it.... nobody called the police or stopped it themselves. The dude was working out there 2 weeks ago!!! Everyone who knew about it and did nothing should be fired and punched in the face. I don't care how old they are, or if they are a woman...punch them in the face. This isn't like ratting out your buddy for cheating on a paper or something...this is molestation and r*pe. I don't care if it's my best friend.... if I witnessed this or knew about it he would get hit and I would call the police.

The guy who witnessed the act.... he left and called his dad!!! Ok, maybe he is in shock, but to not stop a grown man from sodomizing a 10 year old right in front of you?!?!? Let's say he is scared to do anything himself.... why not call the cops?? Why not yell something so he knows someone is there and he stops?? ANYTHING but run away.

As far as the Sandusky claiming to be innocent... he admitted to being naked in the shower with boys there and "hugging" them, back I think around the turn of the century. That's enough right there for me to believe he is 100% guilty.

To recap... everyone top to bottom who had any knowledge of this and did nothing has got to go. They should be sanctioned, as well. Talk about lack of institutional control.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What am I missing here? Joe Pa, 76~ years old at the time, fired for not telling authorities about that his QB coach saw the DC in the shower with a little boy. He did have the sense to tell the Athletic Director though and there was an investigation by not only PSU but the state. The DC was fired from the football team and told not to shower with boys anymore, but no legal action was pressed against him. How come this didn't gain publicity earlier when it was under investigation? Why wasn't the DC jailed after finding out he did in fact take part in the wrong doing!?

It's called a cover-up. Better questions than those you asked:

How does Grad Assistant not beat Sandusky to death when he catches him RAPING A 10-YEAR-OLD BOY?

How is it that none of the seven adults who knew that Sandusky was RAPING CHILDREN went to a figure in law enforcement?

What is wrong with the student body at Penn State that can't figure out that Paterno is COMPLICIT as an accomplice for not informing law enforcement when he had knowledge of a fellow coach RAPING CHILDREN under his watch, and in his vacinity?

Seriously, how anybody can defend any part of this tragedy is simply disgraceful.

SeattleNinersFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am not a Penn State fan and I really don't care one way or another about JoePa BUT there are other legal risks for him in this case. So you wanted him to go to police over hearsay? if he did that and Sandusky was innocent then JoePa would have been under legal risk from Sandusky for slander. Joe is not a protected job class, as a football coach, in these types of cases unlike teachers or senior school officials. His legal options were to tell the person who actually saw the the incident to go to the police or tell the senior school officials of what he heard. Everyone has said that he did at least one if not both of those.

Your anger should be focused on the grad student and the senior school officials who failed to go to the police instead of forming a lynch mob to go after a coach who had limited legal options.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am not a Penn State fan and I really don't care one way or another about JoePa BUT there are other legal risks for him in this case. So you wanted him to go to police over hearsay? if he did that and Sandusky was innocent then JoePa would have been under legal risk from Sandusky for slander. Joe is not a protected job class, as a football coach, in these types of cases unlike teachers or senior school officials. His legal options were to tell the person who actually saw the the incident to go to the police or tell the senior school officials of what he heard. Everyone has said that he did at least one if not both of those.

Your anger should be focused on the grad student and the senior school officials who failed to go to the police instead of forming a lynch mob to go after a coach who had limited legal options.

co-signed

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

And the people who fired him should be fired too; from the President of the college down to anyone who knew about this. Oh, and all of their asses should be beaten with a bag of door knobs including 150-year-old Joe Paterno.

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is were I am unfamilar with Pennsylvania law. In California at least there are certain jobs that are "mandated reporters". I don't know if Paterno is one or if Pennsylvania even has such a law, but it states that even if you suspect a child is being abused (physically, sexually, etc.) then by law you must report it EVEN if you were not a witness.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wrong. My anger should be focused on every adult that did NOTHING after having knowledge that Sandusky was RAPING CHILDREN. Paterno is one of those adults. The end.

How NOBODY went to the police screams COVER-UP. How anybody can't see this is frightening, honestly. And it scares me that anybody is trying to play lawyer-ball here. Sandusky was RAPING CHILDREN, and Paterno knew about it for at least a decade. He is guilty as hell, and I STRONGLY question your moral compass for suggesting otherwise.

Should the grad assistant be public enemy number one? I don't care. Maybe. I don't understand how you find a grown man RAPING A CHILD and not beat him to death, but that doesn't excuse Paterno. Being fired isn't a strong enough penalty.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And the people who fired him should be fired too; from the President of the college down to anyone who knew about this. Oh, and all of their asses should be beaten with a bag of door knobs including 150-year-old Joe Paterno.

Door knobs impaled with rusty nails.

Sickening. No other words describe it.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is were I am unfamilar with Pennsylvania law. In California at least there are certain jobs that are "mandated reporters". I don't know if Paterno is one or if Pennsylvania even has such a law, but it states that even if you suspect a child is being abused (physically, sexually, etc.) then by law you must report it EVEN if you were not a witness.

PA law only extends to the immediate family's obligation to tell the police

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For the record, jackass, it's worth it. And Paterno could afford it. If somebody says, "I saw this guy raping a child," and you're a millionaire, and you're worried about a civil suit, than you're a bigger jackass than I'm giving you credit for being.

Last edited by a moderator:

SeattleNinersFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

exactly, those jobs are protected from reverse legal action, IE slander, for their reporting in those cases.

SeattleNinersFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For the record, jackass, it's worth it. And Paterno could afford it. If somebody says, "I saw this guy raping a child," and you're a millionaire, and you're worried about a civil suit, than you're a bigger jackass than I'm giving you credit for being.

Your a millionaire until someone takes it from you becuase your are an idoit and lay down baseless claims. stop and think nitwit.