• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored

Status
Not open for further replies.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlos Gonzalez - NL MVP
Felix Hernandez - AL Cy Young

They should win these awards, but they won't. And that's a shame.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where the fuck is Ritari??!!

I have some major ball busting to do to that boy!!! :D

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nazzy....fyi, the incubation period is over and the little green guys are back home in your user cp.

:)

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nazzy....fyi, the incubation period is over and the little green guys are back home in your user cp.

Saw that. 12 more (maybe 13, depending on my posting prowess tonight) head your way soon.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlos Gonzalez - NL MVP
Felix Hernandez - AL Cy Young

They should win these awards, but they won't. And that's a shame.

While Carlos Gonzalez wouldn't be an atrocious or unacceptable selection, he's not the best. He's only eighth in the NL in WAR (5.0), largely because he's a below-average defensive player, but players like Ryan Zimmerman (6.7), Joey Votto (6.3), Albert Pujols (5.7), and Adrian Gonzalez (5.3), just to cherry pick four bigger names and the league leader in WAR. WAR is a very telling stat, by the way, as it numerically combines a slew of offensive metrics (many of them largely based in OBP numbers, like wOBA and walk/strikeout rates, as well as OPS and other telling offensive statistics) and defensive metrics (like UZR, which is a surprisingly accurate, though not perfect, method of assigning a number to players' defense).

Now I do agree with you on Hernandez and the AL Cy Young, though it would be no injustice if Francisco Liriano or Cliff Lee got it over him. After those three, there's a fall off to Jon Lester, Jered Weaver Zack Greinke, and Justin Verlander to name a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.