• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored

Status
Not open for further replies.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we discuss Mr. Strasburg already?? We had an at length discussion about his injury in the training room the other day (mostly just a debate about where the injury was), but I can't believe he already needs Tommy John. Sets him back a bit. Obviously his stuff is good enough that I see him recovering well and becoming a great MLB pitcher, but I don't think his speed will get up that high for a few years. So, still great, but no longer insanely, inhuman type great.

I could give a list of pitchers who have had tommy John's and have been just as good, if not beter than before.....

<-------Example

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could give a list of pitchers who have had tommy John's and have been just as good, if not beter than before.....

<-------Example

I know...there are TONS that have become fantastic pitchers. My point was more that it's going to take a little while for him to get back to where he was. Rehabing takes 12-18 months depending on the pitcher, but a pitcher that had Stras' stuff? He'll be able to pitch after that time period, but to get back to his insane level may take a few years. I hope for the best for him, but, just my gut feeling on his particular situation.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not sure about his fastball. That's about it. Most pitchers with success after Tommy John's have been finesse pitchers. Thier fastball is in the mid to low 90's and they have a top notch slider or sinker that they use just as often as thier fastball

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised Taiwan hasn't produced more major leaguers with all the LLWS success they've had.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Hawaii is about to play in their 5th straight elimination game.

Status
Not open for further replies.