• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda my thoughts as well and Tech's offense won't be able to keep up...

IF, and this is a big IF, the Hokies can establish the running game with Williams and Evans (two of the top 10 backs in the country) they can control the clock, keep the defense fresh and take advantage of play action. That has to be the plan and I hope our OC sticks with it. If they start tossing the ball around a lot early, I will become worried very quickly. You have two elite running backs that run at a different pace. Williams is quick and fast and Evans is a skull crusher...YOU HAVE TO USE THEM.

Stinespring (our OC) has fucked it up before though.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why Vegas has them as the favorite. That is also why they are ranked #3 and we are #10. I do not dispute that. I just have seen this movie before and tend to think that there really is a difference between the talent of the two teams, and a good coaching staff can maximize that. I also am clearly a homer, so there you go.

What's Tech ranked in the coaches' poll? I know Boise is #5.

By the way, did you see Rivals' poll? They had Oregon at #4! I do think we should be in the #7-#9 range, but #4? That's a bit too high, I think. Gotta prove it first.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF, and this is a big IF, the Hokies can establish the running game with Williams and Evans (two of the top 10 backs in the country) they can control the clock, keep the defense fresh and take advantage of play action. That has to be the plan and I hope our OC sticks with it. If they start tossing the ball around a lot early, I will become worried very quickly. You have two elite running backs that run at a different pace. Williams is quick and fast and Evans is a skull crusher...YOU HAVE TO USE THEM.

Stinespring (our OC) has fucked it up before though.

yeah, of course that's the plan, but if they get down 14-0 early on after only having 1 possession, I could very wel see them going away from the running game early

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's Tech ranked in the coaches' poll? I know Boise is #5.

By the way, did you see Rivals' poll? They had Oregon at #4! I do think we should be in the #7-#9 range, but #4? That's a bit too high, I think. Gotta prove it first.

8 or 9

AP which is the one I usually reference: VT 10, BSU 3

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, of course that's the plan, but if they get down 14-0 early on after only having 1 possession, I could very wel see them going away from the running game early

VT is kind of really known for their defense. Sure they lost 6 starters, but that is very misleading. Foster rolls two full lines all game long, so none of th D linemen are new to the game. As for the DBs, injuries forced every one of these guys into starting at least 3 games a piece last year.

I do not see BSU scoring on their first two drives. I see the game being about 34-17, Virginia Tech with a throw away touchdown at the end, so more like 27-17. I also would bet good money on at least one blocked kick in the game for the Hokies.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
OK< so what else is new guys, any weekend plans???
my daughter's birthday party on Sat.
her cousin's party on Sun.
yay for cake. boo for noisy kids.

a smidge of this:

nhl_g_ovechkin_725.jpg

ewwwwwwwwww

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm heading to bed. Later to whoever reads this!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm here! Slept in for awhile though. First day off in 2 weeks now. And it feels goooooood. :) I feel like I really need to go back and recap what I've missed, but that's a lot of pages :O.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we discuss Mr. Strasburg already?? We had an at length discussion about his injury in the training room the other day (mostly just a debate about where the injury was), but I can't believe he already needs Tommy John. Sets him back a bit. Obviously his stuff is good enough that I see him recovering well and becoming a great MLB pitcher, but I don't think his speed will get up that high for a few years. So, still great, but no longer insanely, inhuman type great.

Status
Not open for further replies.