• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored

Status
Not open for further replies.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing Ketchup (Heinz, of course)

TGMIS, am I right?
M :baby:

They have eyes everywhere (damn potato state)
Have a rep (in 24 hours)

Lincecum sucking it up again and against the Diamonbacks no less. WTF happened to that guy?
Sicko :sick:

I get called that a lot. :cool:
It's better than Beme

Just now two girls came in to ask me how to work our buttonless and remote controlless television in the lounge, and I handed them a paperclip sot hat they can reach the buttons.
Golden Opportunity squandered

Might be back ina bit hough
BRB...Smoke break :smokin:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they may be the favorite, but they are still the underdog team no matter what. You're pretty confident there buddy. I wouldn't be...

The last three times the Hokies have been underdogs at home:

2003, vs, #2 Miami.... Hokies win 31-7

2006, vs. #10 Clemson.... Hokies win 24-7

2009, vs. #8 Miami.... Hokies win 31-7

I would call Miami and Clemson significantly more talented and deserving of their ranking and "favorite" status than some community college in Idaho. If the Hokies play an A game and Boise plays an A game, VT wins by 17+. They are bigger, faster, more skilled, and better coached. I just worry about an early season slow start....

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who do you think Canes fans hate more, VT or PSU?

We actually get along pretty well as fanbases, except for that week. We were the bad guys who left the Big East together. ALso in those two games, we had no business being underdogs. We were ranked 5th in 03 and 10th last year and playing at home wherw we rarely lose, so I am not sure what Vegas was thinking. I think Miami hates FSU and especially UF more than both and we hate UVA and especially WVU more than Miami.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last three times the Hokies have been underdogs at home:

2003, vs, #2 Miami.... Hokies win 31-7

2006, vs. #10 Clemson.... Hokies win 24-7

2009, vs. #8 Miami.... Hokies win 31-7

I would call Miami and Clemson significantly more talented and deserving of their ranking and "favorite" status than some community college in Idaho. If the Hokies play an A game and Boise plays an A game, VT wins by 17+. They are bigger, faster, more skilled, and better coached. I just worry about an early season slow start....

the bold means jack in my opinion. That's something people who bet on games try to use to convince them of something. I have a feeling that it's going to be somewhat of a shootout which Tech is going to end up being unable to throw the ball...

FTR, I don't follow tech close enough to know how Taylor has developed and thier WR situaton. I do know they run the ball well

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the bold means jack in my opinion. That's something people who bet on games try to use to convince them of something. I have a feeling that it's going to be somewhat of a shootout which Tech is going to end up being unable to throw the ball...

FTR, I don't follow tech close enough to know how Taylor has developed and thier WR situaton. I do know they run the ball well

Three junior receivers that have been starting since freshmen and Taylor has gotten significantly better, especially at the deep ball. I just do not think Boise has the athletes to hang with a well coached big time team that has something to play for. Their bowl wins don't mean much to me because thet teams they play don't usually care about those games. The last time Boise came east to play a BCS team, they got smoked by Georgia by 25 or so.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion 46, I think Boise wins, mainly because Tech is breaking in those 6 new starters on D. I do have a lot of respect for Bud Foster, but with Boise having almost the entire offense back from last year's team, I just think Tech will have problems stopping Boise. Just my opinion.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion 46, I think Boise wins, mainly because Tech is breaking in those 6 new starters on D. I do have a lot of respect for Bud Foster, but with Boise having almost the entire offense back from last year's team, I just think Tech will have problems stopping Boise. Just my opinion.

Kinda my thoughts as well and Tech's offense won't be able to keep up...

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, Tyler. That Richard Simmons episode with Living Scenery? I don't think I've ever seen Ryan and Colin avoid the person who wasn't Wayne!

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is why Vegas has them as the favorite. That is also why they are ranked #3 and we are #10. I do not dispute that. I just have seen this movie before and tend to think that there really is a difference between the talent of the two teams, and a good coaching staff can maximize that. I also am clearly a homer, so there you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.