• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow. yanks spend 6.5 mil...first time the bucs outspend the yanks in anything. hah.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have a couple real good cathing prospect in Wilson Ramos and Derek Norris. Obviously one will get moved to a different position. They have a pretty good 1B prospect in Chris Marrero and a future corner OFer in Michael Burgess. A good starter in AJ Cole, but he's a little bit of a question mark. They also have Ian Desmond, who has kinda been a disappointment in his first full season as a national. Oh and Drew Storen is the closer of the future

sounds fairly solid...the future is certainly brighter, though it seems like you need a few extra bats outside of the new mr. 10 million. unless these guys have good bats too?? buccos look solid...though our farm system is a little on the dry side because...well, our farm is playing in the bigs now. hah

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
night Nas, 46. i'll keep ya in my prayers Nas, for whatever the reason :)

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well...yeah, but McClatchy is the same general era i suppose...anyway, amazing stat: padres spent 4 mil this draft, phils 3.5 mil...buccos: 12 mil

I don't really like to lump Nutting in with McClatchy. Nutting has been willing to spend some money as the majority owner. Both in the draft and internationally. McClatchy... not so much. Nutting has let NH take the best player available in the drafts. I doubt the Pirates would've taken and signed Alvarez with McClatchy in charge.

And I think the Pirates have been top 5 in draft spending each of the past 3 years.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds fairly solid...the future is certainly brighter, though it seems like you need a few extra bats outside of the new mr. 10 million. unless these guys have good bats too?? buccos look solid...though our farm system is a little on the dry side because...well, our farm is playing in the bigs now. hah

Chris Marrero is a big boy and has some pop in his bat, Norris is thier best hitting, well before tonight, So they got some prospects who can hit the baseball

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really like to lump Nutting in with McClatchy. Nutting has been willing to spend some money as the majority owner. Both in the draft and internationally. McClatchy... not so much. Nutting has let NH take the best player available in the drafts. I doubt the Pirates would've taken and signed Alvarez with McClatchy in charge.

And I think the Pirates have been top 5 in draft spending each of the past 3 years.

i guess...it's just the whole revenue sharing, making the most in the black in the MLB that turns my stomach about him. and as of right now, the bucs will probably be 1 or 2 in draft spending this year. wash may be close.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright, i'm out! excited for having more friends on campus tomorrow. and hopefully a few full meals. hah. night all!!!

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess...it's just the whole revenue sharing, making the most in the black in the MLB that turns my stomach about him. and as of right now, the bucs will probably be 1 or 2 in draft spending this year. wash may be close.

More on draft spending via an article from Feb. 2010 (so it's not counting the recent draft)...

Here’s a quick look at which teams have spent the most and least average amount on the draft under their current scouting directors, looking only at the most recent five years for scouting directors with more experience than that. New scouting directors for the 2010 draft and scouting directors with only a single draft under their belt are excluded for better accuracy.

Top Five
1. Pittsburgh Pirates – Greg Smith, $9.35 million
2. San Francisco Giants – John Barr, $7.7 million
3. Boston Red Sox – Jason McLeod, $7.44 million
4. Tampa Bay Rays – R.J. Harrison, $6.875 million
5. Baltimore Orioles – Joe Jordan, $6.64 million

And where did you hear the Pirates make the most "in the black" in baseball? Cause I don't think that's any where near accurate haha.

Here's Forbes' most recent revenue list.

The Business Of Baseball - Forbes.com

Even with revenue sharing and not spending a ton on the ML roster, the Pirates are no where near the top teams in terms of profit.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shut up, horse.

mr__horse.png

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I can't play it at work. Is the object of the game to run to the hills?

it should be.
no, one of those fly a a spaceship around rocks and stuff to pick up cargo and bring it back home.
kind of like a combo between asteroids and that helicopter game.

Status
Not open for further replies.