• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Tanev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FEUD! FEUD! FEUD!

Also might make DS feel better or at least get his scientific mind off of things for awhile.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was evaluated again as a TA on the level of "met expectations," which in itself isn't a problem (although I think I'm darned good at my job, and so do my students, and so do my direct superiors, and so do my coworkers).

However, attached to my TA evaluation packet was an email chain, with the first email from a woman in upper administration in the teaching office to the professor who taught the lecture portion of the lab I was teaching, saying, "We think Chris was rated far too highly. Could you provide your opinion of him as a TA from the perspective of a supervisor?"

That peeves me because that woman has never seen me work, never even talked to me, and yet she was so certain that my students, direct supervisor, and coworkers had to be wrong for giving me a good rating as a TA because I'm clearly not capable of that. At least that's how I read it.

The professor who taught the lecture sent an email back mentioning all three things she thought I did wrong this semester (two of which were not accurate, mind you), and not a single redeeming quality. So I got bumped down from Far Exceeds Expectations, a $50 reward, and a chance for a $500 raise next semester to meets expectations, which just lets me keep my job.

:tsk:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still remember David Letterman defending that asshole in the infamous Pistons/Pacers brawl.

Fuck you, Letterman.

I mean, the guy is clearly off his rocker. Just completely off his rocker. "I don't shake hands with substitutes." The fact that this man won a championship in a major sport makes me puke.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was evaluated again as a TA on the level of "met expectations," which in itself isn't a problem (although I think I'm darned good at my job, and so do my students, and so do my direct superiors, and so do my coworkers).

However, attached to my TA evaluation packet was an email chain, with the first email from a woman in upper administration in the teaching office to the professor who taught the lecture portion of the lab I was teaching, saying, "We think Chris was rated far too highly. Could you provide your opinion of him as a TA from the perspective of a supervisor?"

That peeves me because that woman has never seen me work, never even talked to me, and yet she was so certain that my students, direct supervisor, and coworkers had to be wrong for giving me a good rating as a TA because I'm clearly not capable of that. At least that's how I read it.

The professor who taught the lecture sent an email back mentioning all three things she thought I did wrong this semester (two of which were not accurate, mind you), and not a single redeeming quality. So I got bumped down from Far Exceeds Expectations, a $50 reward, and a chance for a $500 raise next semester to meets expectations, which just lets me keep my job.

:tsk:

Fuck bureaucracy in all its forms.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just irks me that my supervisor couldn't think of a single good thing to say about me. Not one.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those who don't know the rules:

There are 3 rounds.
Winner of each round moves on to the finals
1 guess per post
Everyone can play along in the finals, but only those who have advanced can win.

Status
Not open for further replies.