• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Tanev

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DKnobler
White Sox appear to be the most likely destination for Youkilis. As of yesterday, White Sox were haggling over the money with BOS.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like ChiSox it is! Thank God. NH: Get Headley, please?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Chris_Iott
Justin Verlander said Andrew McCutchen is one of the top three players -- maybe the best player -- in the NL. #Tigers #Pirates

Suck up...:)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This morning while holding practice with my softball team (that is, those few who actually showed up), I found out that the park where we practice hosts a weekly pickup game on Sundays at 9:00 AM. Instead of paying to join a league, we're probably just going to play there every week.

Today I was 3-5, which is kind of disappointing for slow pitch, but I think I'll get better as time goes on, and after I fix my swing. I'm stepping toward right field, and it's resulting in a lot of hits off the handle.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I haven't slept yet...well, I took a nap from 10-1. It's catching up. But once I hit 5 I knew I couldn't nap, because, well, that'd be a 10 hour nap and waking up at 3AM. Trying to make it til 9/10ish. :shocked:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This morning while holding practice with my softball team (that is, those few who actually showed up), I found out that the park where we practice hosts a weekly pickup game on Sundays at 9:00 AM. Instead of paying to join a league, we're probably just going to play there every week.

Today I was 3-5, which is kind of disappointing for slow pitch, but I think I'll get better as time goes on, and after I fix my swing. I'm stepping toward right field, and it's resulting in a lot of hits off the handle.

Slow pitch is a tough adjustment...I suck at it honestly. I mean, if I took the time I'd be fine, but it's much more similar to a baseball swing than a "softball" swing. By "softball" I mean fastpitch. I hold an odd bitterness to slow pitch. Probably because of the girls in HS would would wear softball gear from their 18U slow pitch team. Girl please. Step into the box with the real athletes, thanks. Only played one season in my youth, found it boring, told my mom to move me up, haha. The trajectory is down like baseball, not up, which is likely why I can't adjust well. Church teams always recruited me in HS, but I wasn't jacking up my swing. This is also why I'm turrible at golf.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I haven't slept yet...well, I took a nap from 10-1. It's catching up. But once I hit 5 I knew I couldn't nap, because, well, that'd be a 10 hour nap and waking up at 3AM. Trying to make it til 9/10ish. :shocked:

Can't you take a 30-min nap? I know moms can do it...

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slow pitch is a tough adjustment...I suck at it honestly. I mean, if I took the time I'd be fine, but it's much more similar to a baseball swing than a "softball" swing. By "softball" I mean fastpitch. I hold an odd bitterness to slow pitch.

3 for 5 ain't bad, D'stone. That's a pretty good day.

Personally, I don't think a softball swing is anything like a baseball swing. Baseballs come in on a fairly even plane and you are swinging through the ball, an even stroke to match it. With slow pitch, that ball is coming downwards, often at a severe angle. You have to swing completely differently, much more upward finish and your hands have to be much lower at the start. We had a few college baseball players on my softball team, and they would pop out constantly.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't you take a 30-min nap? I know moms can do it...

I'm not a good napper, shocking from a college student. Usually, when not running on nothing, I can get a good 45 minute nap in and be set. But, when I basically haven't slept for real, that would just become DEEP sleep. I got some caffeine. Hah.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 for 5 ain't bad, D'stone. That's a pretty good day.

Personally, I don't think a softball swing is anything like a baseball swing. Baseballs come in on a fairly even plane and you are swinging through the ball, an even stroke to match it. With slow pitch, that ball is coming downwards, often at a severe angle. You have to swing completely differently, much more upward finish and your hands have to be much lower at the start. We had a few college baseball players on my softball team, and they would pop out constantly.

I'm just saying in comparison to a fastpitch swing it's probably more closely related to a baseball swing than a fastpitch swing. Not the same, but half a step down the baseball side of that spectrum.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying in comparison to a fastpitch swing it's probably more closely related to a baseball swing than a fastpitch swing. Not the same, but half a step down the baseball side of that spectrum.

I disagree. I think a baseball swing is 30% different from a slow softball swing and 27% different from a fast-pitch softball swing.

(I may be just trying to help you get in the top 10 here ;) )

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, who are the top 8 players on the Pittsburgh Pirates?

Keep in mind I have a short attention span so you would need to list them 1 per post for me to digest.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in my office waiting for church now, which starts in a half hour. My baseball swing and my softball swing are about the same, I'd say, and I hit line drives pretty steadily with both. I swing a pretty flat bat, hands tight, quick through the zone. I have to time it up perfectly in slow pitch, and I usually do, but I catch it off the handle a lot because I step too closed.

It's really choking my power. I miss hitting the ball over 425 feet. I mean, that was a baseball, but I can't even send a softball 300, probably topping out around 270 right now, so I'm going to say I'm missing some power right about now.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it. 13'" MacBook Air. There isn't a disk drive, but I've been told disk drives will become obsolete in a few years, so we shall see. I love it though.

I would love to see disk drives become obsolete, but there is one major hurdle that Solid State needs to overcome to be viable in the business world, there is a finite number of reads/writes they will handle before they just decide not to work any more. For home use only the most demanding user will hit that, but businesses with machines on all day and getting updates... it could get bad. Macs are much gentler on disk drives, so it's a great choice in a Mac. When I replace Mrs 43's laptop, I'm getting her a MacBook.

I have an SSD drive in one of my systems at work and it is like 4 times faster. And I stress tested the hell out of it. But it's Linux and not as heavy-handed as Windows. It's worked fine for me.

/Geek rant

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I think a baseball swing is 30% different from a slow softball swing and 27% different from a fast-pitch softball swing.

(I may be just trying to help you get in the top 10 here ;) )

You could say your throwing me...*takes of glasses*

A softball.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Status
Not open for further replies.