• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Pangos & Bell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one am shocked that a team that would bring Barry Bonds on board would have a player test positive for PED's.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raptors set a record for NBA basketball in Canada on Sunday by averaging 1.53 million viewers on Sportsnet for their victory over the Indiana Pacers. That's good news, especially for a team that has struggled to draw viewers despite an impressive product.

But here's the part that makes you wonder about us: The Raptors game was not the most-watched sports event on TV last weekend. That honour, by about 40,000 viewers, went to the NHL Draft Lottery.

The Great Canadian Ratings Report: Raptors set record, but still can't top NHL draft lottery

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah not at all Mark, it's a way of hono(u)ring the brave men and women who gave the ultimate sacrifice in order for us to live in our respective countries with the freedoms that we enjoy.

The funny thing is that Mark Jones was born in Canada.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's been talk about moving Sanchez to the bullpen since it's a fucking tire fire while the starters are tearing shit up. I will beat that hick with a sack of peaches if he even thinks of doing so.

If that offence isn't back in the top ten by the end of the month this team is in serious trouble, too.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah not at all Mark, it's a way of hono(u)ring the brave men and women who gave the ultimate sacrifice in order for us to live in our respective countries with the freedoms that we enjoy.

The funny thing is that Mark Jones was born in Canada.

It's incredibly rude, honestly shocked it didn't cause more uproar. A guy doing that during American anthem is hung up by their toes.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can we stop playing national anthems at pro league games pretty please?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can we stop playing national anthems at pro league games pretty please?

I think that's a legitimate debate to have, but as long as they are still being played, is it too much to ask for a little respect? Not only from players, but fans as well (remove your caps etc.).

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's a legitimate debate to have, but as long as they are still being played, is it too much to ask for a little respect? Not only from players, but fans as well (remove your caps etc.).
On a semi-related note, I usually find a way to take a restroom break before/during the 7th-inning stretch when I know there is going to be a church service performed with "God Bless America." That religulousness started after 9/11.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you fucking imagine the firestorm Trump and those of his ilk would stir up if you stopped playing the anthem? Zero chance it ever happens.

Besides, when else would the military pay the NFL to mention the troops? "First down brought to you by the men and women who serve this country proudly and also Cheetos"?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We used to start each day in my elementary school with singing 'O Canada'. Not sure how often that happens these days.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We used to start each day in my elementary school with singing 'O Canada'. Not sure how often that happens these days.
I used to skip elementary school to go fishing in Canada - does that count?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they talked about it yesterday in the cesspool ... I dont recall that happening when I went to school (elementary in the early to mid 80's) ... assemblies yes ... but not every morning :noidea:

in grade 3 I had Mrs Ewart and the first week of the school year we said the Lords prayer to start the day ... at the time, I was pleased as punch because i was one of the few in the class that knew it since I went to catechism ... that lasted a week i remember lol

a couple of years later we were on a field trip to Granville Street and we spotted ole Mrs Ewart feeding the pigeons ... Sad! (Im doing Trump there - lol)

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to skip elementary school to go fishing in Canada - does that count?
they talked about it yesterday in the cesspool ... I dont recall that happening when I went to school (elementary in the early to mid 80's) ... assemblies yes ... but not every morning :noidea:

in grade 3 I had Mrs Ewart and the first week of the school year we said the Lords prayer to start the day ... at the time, I was pleased as punch because i was one of the few in the class that knew it since I went to catechism ... that lasted a week i remember lol

a couple of years later we were on a field trip to Granville Street and we spotted ole Mrs Ewart feeding the pigeons ... Sad! (Im doing Trump there - lol)
Here they made us sing every morning (or at least played it on the PA), elementary through to the end of high school.

Also because I went to Catholic school the anthem was followed by a prayer, and then in high school because our VP was a massive dong..er...Habs fan he would make fun of the Leafs for a minute. We got to learning sometime around 11 AM.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a semi-related note, I usually find a way to take a restroom break before/during the 7th-inning stretch when I know there is going to be a church service performed with "God Bless America." That religulousness started after 9/11.

Here before some games they play Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA" (aka proud to be an American) and some people stand for that song. Fuck that.

Can you fucking imagine the firestorm Trump and those of his ilk would stir up if you stopped playing the anthem? Zero chance it ever happens.

Besides, when else would the military pay the NFL to mention the troops? "First down brought to you by the men and women who serve this country proudly and also Cheetos"?

Have you seen the new Cheetos camouflage outfits they created and donated to the Army? Pretty cool.

We had to say the pledge when I was in elementary school, maybe middle school too. We never sang the anthem on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.