• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Pangos & Bell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did. He did something wrong and stupid and deserves what he got. However from what I heard the last few seasons, unless more comes out, I still think he is a good guy and part of me felt bad he wasn't part of the celebration Tuesday.

Yeah, I am impressed with both him and the organization so far. I hope what it appears to be now is it. He had an issue, tried to solve it a different way and that didn't work out so he went back to what he knew and skipped a step. And the Organization didn't have as close an eye on him as they should. Seems that everyone who goofed feels terrible about it. But they are owning up to it and moving forward, no excuses.

And yeah, 89 was a phenomenal season. And those 80's teams were so much fun. I just wish I was a bit more connected to this year. Looks like that old Orioles magic I remember.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to open his eyes a bit more to better see the ball. It looks like he was squinting, maybe because of the sun?

qwscrKF.jpg

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This probably should be in the pissed off thread, but I need to vent, and I can't do it on FB or twitter because, you know, work is involved. Don't need to toss dirt on my place of work, even though it's not really because of my place of work. I digress...

So, my sport coverage in the fall is women's soccer. One of the GAs covers volleyball, tennis, and XC (because tennis and XC need basically nothing and there aren't a ton of issues with volleyball either). Well, VB and tennis both had home events, so I was asked to cover tennis. TENNIS IS THE WORST SPORT TO COVER (women's d3 level especially). And it was two matches, one of which didn't even involve my university's team. 9am and 2pm scheduled starts. I was supposed to go to the Pirate game, takes me an hour to get into town, so I wanted to leave by like 5 max. I mean, shouldn't be tough. And the GA who I was covering for said she'd come down after volleyball ended to take over. She never did. And one pair took 2 fucking hours to play two sets. Not even a third set. That was two sets. So, I don't get to go to another game until next year now. Screw (D3 womens) tennis. Just ticked that I picked up the slack, was in by 730am, and ended up being the last one done today...even though I made it known I had plans. Just...stupid.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutch was hit by a pitch (98% sure unintentional) and suddenly Pirate fans want blood. The hypocrisy is so ironic. Same people wanted Delgado suspended weeks ago. Come on. Volquez pushed Braun off the plate with a pitch, benches were warned, and the idiots on the broadcast (Brown and Blass) rambled on about how he should've hit him. Showed Cutch react to the brush back (he shook his head) and assumed he was upset that Braun didn't get plunked. Volquez then struck him out.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Brewers aren't going to "send a message" by giving the team they're trailing in the playoff hunt a free baserunner. It's so stupid.

There was no reason for Eddie to put Braun on. I'm glad he missed. And he's also lucky he didn't get tossed.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one might have been intentional, a response to Eddie going in on Braun.

Which is why you don't retaliate for an obviously unintentional HBP. You bring an actual retaliation on yourself.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Brewers aren't going to "send a message" by giving the team they're trailing in the playoff hunt a free baserunner. It's so stupid.

There was no reason for Eddie to put Braun on. I'm glad he missed. And he's also lucky he didn't get tossed.

So, apparently the Brewers are idiotic (read: Lucroy is idiotic). Can't believe that crap. Just gave up Garza who was rolling to hit Cutch for a second time. And Lucroy is up next. I'm sure they'll brush him back, or hit him, and merely continue to show the idiocy that is hitting guys intentionally. Step up MLB. Step the hell up, already.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Volquez did exactly what he should have done. Put up a zero, no drama.

Good work, Eddie.

On another note, Jordy Mercer is having a tremendous ball game defensively.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Volquez did exactly what he should have done. Put up a zero, no drama.

Good work, Eddie.

On another note, Jordy Mercer is having a tremendous ball game defensively.

After the first two innings I was thinking "maybe he'll break the infield assist record".

EDIT: also, thank god we're on a similar page about this stuff. I can't handle anymore people calling the Pirates pussies/babies/whimps because they're unwilling to bean guys in return. It's a free base, it merely perpetuates the cycle of HBP, and Volquez would be tossed.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerome Williams became the first pitcher in MLB history to defeat an opponent with three different teams as he has beaten the A's as a starter for the Rangers, Astros, and now the Phillies.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yay, I got to see a win and saw Adam Jones hit two homers. And Christian Walker hit his first major league homer.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerome Williams became the first pitcher in MLB history to defeat an opponent with three different teams as he has beaten the A's as a starter for the Rangers, Astros, and now the Phillies.

That's a neat tidbit.

Apparently, though, he's not very good if he's played for three different teams. Also, on the Fangraphs game, he costs $0.

I guess that makes it even more impressive.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone know if killervee still posts round here?

She comes round every once in a blue moon and says hi, but not often.

I used to know a poster on here name lio, anyone know if he stills posts at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.