• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Pangos & Bell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha. My sister in law works in an HR dept and reviews applicants. One time under "Have you ever gone by another name" the applicant wrote "Bebe".

lol - I like the classic "Do not write here" and getting the paper back and it reads "okay"

/Hey, okay <> here

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha. My sister in law works in an HR dept and reviews applicants. One time under "Have you ever gone by another name" the applicant wrote "Bebe".

While doing school for IT way back when, I worked as a recruiter and occasionally had to help out the Temp agency side of the house with interviews and filling "low skill" jobs. The standard app had "Given Name" and "Nick Name". They apparently thought that people would understand situations like being named Michael and preferring to be called Mike.

And we had a lot of offices in Inner City Baltimore. I can't count the number of times, as I was dialing, where I had to decide if I was going to ask for Qyuantrayell or Peanut.

And on the subject of baseball, how many here prefer the Yanks?
M5YBXRG.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my bro in law did some hiring for his team at amazon and during one interview with a woman her tit "slipped" out of her blouse ... he said it wasnt a good tit :noidea:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Ben Revere homered to tie the game in the 9th against Soriano and the Nats

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahaha on the Nats Xtra postgame show some guy yelled "Demote Soriano!!!!!!"

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to take a laptop to a baseball game and an iPad. I'm going to have a football game playing on the iPad that I Skype to a friend via my laptop... and just see what the hell happens.

Just make sure the baseball game is in the background of the skype session.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had to call tonight's hockey game because I was too exhausted to go on as the only goalie, with the hot and humid weather starting to make me lightheaded, which made sense, since once I took my gear off, my shorts were literally dripping, BUT we actually played a little later than usual because, as we went for our first-to-three game we usually do for the last twenty or so minutes, each team only scored one goal, and then I stopped everything else.

It was the quietest I've ever felt in net, in position and in control, and I was putting all the rebounds right where I wanted them. I even made a kick-save-outlet-pass at one point. On purpose and everything!

I never play that well, but it felt good to tonight.

And 43, I've been slowly getting more and more comfortable with the advice you gave me, and it's definitely been paying off. My glove in particular has been much sharper since I started carrying it higher, but finding the sightlines to keep myself square in the net has probably been the biggest reason my rebound control and stamina have improved. I'm just not having to work as hard.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan had a streak of 365 games without being shutout - The key word is 'had'.

Last edited by a moderator:

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in order to guarantee his firing at the end of the year, our fatass good-for-nothing coach called nary a timeout to try and break that shutout, even though he had three in his pocket with 1:30 remaining in the game.

Second week of the year, and Michigan fans can already toss this season out the window. There wasn't a single positive to come from that game.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had to call tonight's hockey game because I was too exhausted to go on as the only goalie, with the hot and humid weather starting to make me lightheaded, which made sense, since once I took my gear off, my shorts were literally dripping, BUT we actually played a little later than usual because, as we went for our first-to-three game we usually do for the last twenty or so minutes, each team only scored one goal, and then I stopped everything else.

It was the quietest I've ever felt in net, in position and in control, and I was putting all the rebounds right where I wanted them. I even made a kick-save-outlet-pass at one point. On purpose and everything!

I never play that well, but it felt good to tonight.

And 43, I've been slowly getting more and more comfortable with the advice you gave me, and it's definitely been paying off. My glove in particular has been much sharper since I started carrying it higher, but finding the sightlines to keep myself square in the net has probably been the biggest reason my rebound control and stamina have improved. I'm just not having to work as hard.

Good to hear, fellow netminder!

I love that moment when goalies realize "hey... this can be less work"

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear, fellow netminder!

I love that moment when goalies realize "hey... this can be less work"

Yeah, I'm still a bit of a flopper when guys get in close, but that's largely because I'm never sure how many people are standing wide open who I can't see, but the shots from distance aren't beating me nearly as often, and I'm not having to work as much to save them.

The downside of half court and one goalie is it's really hard to lose track of who is on your team at the moment, it turns out.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another note, Tucson had some serious rain yesterday. Heavy and steady for hours. Major flooding all over town. Not as bad as Phoenix, but the river wasn't a dry trench yesterday.

I got in before it hit, thankfully, because apparently our street turned into a river in its own right, and it was rushing fast enough that when my roommates biked on it, it pushed them sideways.

Everything was dry by mid-afternoon, though.

Tucson.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew McCutchen just hit an inside the parker, and Ben Revere's idiocy helped that a lot

On the night that the Vanimal is back in Philadelphia, Ben Revere reminds everyone why this was such a horrible trade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay-Hay doesn't look to be affected by his ankle injury. A couple more hits tonight, leading the NL in batting average at .318 now.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew McCutchen just hit an inside the parker, and Ben Revere's idiocy helped that a lot

On the night that the Vanimal is back in Philadelphia, Ben Revere reminds everyone why this was such a horrible trade

Ummm...Revere was leading the NL batting race as of like 2 days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.