• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I’m bored, Part Herbert!

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This woman goes into a funeral home to make arrangements for her husband's funeral. She tells the director that she wants her husband to be buried in a dark blue suit.

He asks, "Wouldn't it just be easier to bury him in the black suit that he's wearing?"

But she insists that it must be a blue suit and gives him a blank check to buy one.

When she comes back for the funeral, she sees her husband in the coffin and he is wearing a beautiful blue suit. She tells the funeral director how much she loves the suit and asks how much it cost.

He says, "Actually, it didn't cost anything. The funniest thing happened. As soon as you left, another corpse was brought in, this one wearing a blue suit. I noticed that they were about the same size, and asked the other widow if she would mind if her husband were buried in a black suit. She said that was fine with her. So... I switched the heads"

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scored 22 points in the last 2:48 to win. Cougs got one with 2 seconds left to make the final what it was.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners win, Orioles lose (sorry Comeds). Good night.
It's all good! It was a crazy game tonight. The Orioles start is going to get them.

It was a Brooks Robinson night at the game. He was honored abs in the booth. Great guy. Plus I learned he posed for a Norman Rockwell painting, another cool guy imo.
geethanksbrooks.jpg

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found the following and it sounds like the HBO documentary about Ted Williams is worth a watch:

It is not a secret that Williams was an ill-tempered, bitter jerk during his playing time. His relationship with the sports writers, and even fans, was well documented in the HBO documentary Ted Williams: There Goes the Greatest Hitter That Ever Lived. In the documentary they explain how the sports writers got too personal with Ted, which made him uncomfortable because, at the time, he was embarrassed about his upbringing. He responded by basically treating most reporters like crap throughout his career.

My grandfather played a handful of games for Boston in 1959 and I once asked him what Ted Williams was like. He said "I don't know, he never talked to me".

I asked what it was like to pitch to him. "Pointless. He could hit anything you threw"

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was back when I liked the Asttos (mainly because Canadian Terry Puhl was on the team).

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Rise

#61 for #99