• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: How 'bout dem Bearcats!

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I just want to add that UC is a good 10+ point favorite over Louisville. We got completely fucking homered tonight. It truly was fucking disgusting. How does Rubles get called for a technical when the Louisville guy slaps the ball out of his hands?

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Potential 2 seed with a 4 at worst. With Kilpatrick, Jackon, and Rubles this team has a good top 3 players as any team in the country.

As you know, I didn't watch a lot of their action early in the season.

I'm surprised by how efficient they are on offense. I'm not used to seeing that with a Bearcat team -- Not since Steve Logan played anyway. They can score when they need a bucket and the defense is tremendous.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I just want to add that UC is a good 10+ point favorite over Louisville. We got completely fucking homered tonight. It truly was fucking disgusting. How does Rubles get called for a technical when the Louisville guy slaps the ball out of his hands?

Embarrassing for the officials. They were actually looking over to Pitino for instruction at different points.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louisville aint shit without Behannan.

UC needs a new arena. Mick has earned it. We deserve it. The AAC is going to be a great basketball conference. There are a lot of great coaches in this conference. Fuck the ACC.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louisville aint shit without Behannan.

UC needs a new arena. Mick has earned it. We deserve it. The AAC is going to be a great basketball conference. There are a lot of great coaches in this conference. Fuck the ACC.

Yeah, I think they should go all in on USBank renovation.... The Banks for pregame and the Banks for postgame. Folks in Cincinnati would eat it up. There's absolutely nothing to do this time of year. This team would pack em in every night if they didn't play in a barn in Clifton.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think they should go all in on USBank renovation.... The Banks for pregame and the Banks for postgame. Folks in Cincinnati would eat it up. There's absolutely nothing to do this time of year. This team would pack em in every night if they didn't play in a barn in Clifton.

They'd get 12k at least. Beats the 7k they get now. I'm worried if we don't get something done here soon that Mick will leave. He's the real deal. Back up the Brinks truck for him. All we need is a proper facility and we can start landing the 4 star recruits.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to deny that now. Good call sir.

Barring some epic collapse or injury we will win the AAC going away. We are now 20-2 with 9 games left. I see 27-4 at absolute worst with 29-2 not a stretch at all.

29-2 is a possible 1 seed. Depends on the conference tourney too.

I think the over under is set a a 3 seed right now.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been burnt so many fucking times as fans of Cincinnati that it's time to get excited. This team is really good. Like I said before it's the best team since Kenyon Martin broke his leg and they were the best team in the country. Jackson is just as good defensively as Martin was, but not as good offensively, obviously. Kilpatrick is a man among boys at 24 years of age. Rubles is an all around great player and a helluva defender. Capuain and Thomas are stars in the making. Their stock rises each and every game. Homer it up. It feels good!

*I may be drunk

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm buying in!

I just wish we had one more shooter. One more guy that could hit big 3's.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell, I'm all in too. Can't go any worse than the Bengals' playoff game.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm buying in!

I just wish we had one more shooter. One more guy that could hit big 3's.

Guyn, Capuain, Johnson, and Sanders are all capable of getting hot.

If we get Jermaine Sanders back in the next few weeks we'll be in great shape.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we get Jermaine Sanders back in the next few weeks we'll be in great shape.

Yeah, but where is Darnell Burton or Lazelle Durden when we need them?

Nevermind, they always missed when March rolled around anyway!

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is ZERO reason why they shouldn't take US Bank. It makes too much sense not to. You have a live down-town area that the casual fan can now build their evening/afternoon around. Hit the yard house before, hit the game, hit Toby Keith's after, or Morlein, or whatever...

The arena re-done would be a huge attraction for tournament games from H.S. to Conference tourney, to the play in games. Dayton' doesn't have shit on the Bankes. Cincinnati could get the play-in games going away. Airport, banks, arena...I mean, seriously? It should have been done yesterday.

Make a commitment to a coach who has grown up in Cincinnati, has studied under Huggins, and WANTS TO BE HERE FOR LIFE! UC needs to step up in a huge, huge way. The basketball team has tons of potential to turn an actual proffit if someone would simply invest in Cronin, invest in an arena, and invest in getting the best talent in here. Cronin can't hop on his jet after a game and fly to some recruit. Hell, who wants to bring a recruit into 5/3rd arena? "Yeah, son, this is where you'll call home for the next 3-4 years". BULL-SHIT. Cronin has out-worked, out-smarted, and out-recruited some of the biggest teams in the nation. Could you imagine what it would be like if he could continually get 4 and 5 star guys in here? It'd be insane.

Speaking of 4* guys...both Quadri Moore and Gary Clark continue to tear it up. Clark is averaging 28 and 16rbs...ridiculous.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we get Jermaine Lawrence back in the next few weeks we'll be in great shape.

:fify:

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'd get 12k at least. Beats the 7k they get now. I'm worried if we don't get something done here soon that Mick will leave. He's the real deal. Back up the Brinks truck for him. All we need is a proper facility and we can start landing the 4 star recruits.

I totally agree with this and I always have.

I loved Huggins, but have no idea what goes through the minds of people that are still pissy about his departure. Even when he was still here there were more than a few people that thought his teams had reached their peak.

Mick is a good coach. And he's been successful with a program that has had a lot of bad breaks with regards to conference realignment, facilities and fan support. The only reason why he has stuck around is loyalty to the city.... We'll be lucky if we can get our shit together before a real power program gives him a godfather offer.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree with this and I always have.

I loved Huggins, but have no idea what goes through the minds of people that are still pissy about his departure. Even when he was still here there were more than a few people that thought his teams had reached their peak.

Mick is a good coach. And he's been successful with a program that has had a lot of bad breaks with regards to conference realignment, facilities and fan support. The only reason why he has stuck around is loyalty to the city.... We'll be lucky if we can get our shit together before a real power program gives him a godfather offer.

I love Hugs. I was sad to see him go, and I think that the way it was handled by NZ was unconcionable. However, Hugs was 50% at fault for why he got the boot. The players were getting arrested, the Basketball team had a poor rep, players were not graduating, and he clearly had been pulled over for DUI more than once before actually getting arrested. He facilitated his own way out of town.

People who cry for those days simply aren't watching this team. This team is a spitting mirror image of those Huggins' teams. Not a ton of pure 5* talent, but guys who have worked themselves into being great players, play hard all the time, and hang their hat on out-working the other team on defense and rebounding. If you loved Huggins' teams, then you should love this team.

Mick may not be as likable as Huggins, he doesn't have that same good 'ol boy charisma, but he fights for his team, and has fought for this university and the basketball program when UC was looking to be sanctioned and put down. He rebuilt this program from scratch, with role players, in the toughest conference in the NCAA's.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another tough one against USF. UC has done a great job of battling their size disadvantage since the losses earlier in the year. I think Mick may have waited a bit too long to go to the zone late in the game, but it effectively shut them down when they did.

Good teams find ways to win when they don't have their best. Kilpatrick was sick, and hadn't practiced/played since Louisville, and you see how important it is to get something from Caupain/Sanders/Thomas in the offensive game.

Mick says that Thomas is just physically beat, and Jackson is getting there as well. He worries about the depth because of Lawrence being out. Good news on that front is: Lawrence is expected back Thursday, but will only play limited (5-10) minutes to work him back.

Good thing the schedule gives UC a pretty nice break coming up with days off. They need it.