• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: How 'bout dem Bearcats!

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get ready for the suckage to begin.

It's already starting. Our crappy opponents are now banking in threes, among other craziness. We were fortunate to get out of the Temple game with a win. I blame you grad.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't say I didn't warn you.

I like this AAC conference. Reminds me of back in the CUSA days when we could have only two losses midway through January!

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that was ugly. Foul trouble hurt early on. Will someone pleast tell Guyn that he needs to stop shooting. Is there a shot out there he won't take completely killing momentum? If Caupain had stayed out of foul trouble, that would have really helped.

Good thing Sean got hot late. Defense is still smothering. Held Owls to lowest point total of the season.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another solid road win this afternoon. S Fla is no great shakes, but they did come along with us from the Big East, and they do play some defense. First win there for the Cats since I believe the '05 season. They really struggle though when Jackson gets in foul trouble. He played less than seven minutes in the first half.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another solid road win this afternoon. S Fla is no great shakes, but they did come along with us from the Big East, and they do play some defense. First win there for the Cats since I believe the '05 season. They really struggle though when Jackson gets in foul trouble. He played less than seven minutes in the first half.

I didn't get to watch this game as I was in the air to Vegas for the weekend.

But, from what I read, sounds about right with jackson. They didn't get any positive minutes from Nyarsuk, and with Lawrence out, UC simply has no size. They are going to really have issues when they face teams that can play the low-post game. NM and XU were two games where it showed most.

Granted, since then, jackson has taken off, and that has shown in wins against pitt and USF that both play low-post offensive sets. Jackson is doing enough offensively that defense can't simply spread UC's shooters out. Caupain continues to get to the paint and drive, and his shooting has been a bonus.

Thomas had a nice 1st half, but he still needs to be more consistent. 10 points 1st half, nothing in the 2nd, I believe.

UC up to 15th. A bit high, IMO. I think UC is a top 20-25 team, but probably not a top 15.

Schedule gets harder after the UCF game. Games with UL, UConn, a return match against Memphis and SMU...I think 3 of the last 4 games are UL/UConn/Memphis before ending with Rutgers.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another ugly 18 point win. 69-51 over UCF. Jumpin' Jack with seven blocks.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UC is very, very good. This is the best team since 2000.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D is sick.

I'm not sure what Mick is doing to motivate these guys, but they play hard. Should be an interesting final stretch.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The d is great, but the competition is not. The Louisville game will be a good barometer. They are offensively challenged. I'm skeptical about their ability to overcome that problem vs a quality program.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The d is great, but the competition is not. The Louisville game will be a good barometer. They are offensively challenged. I'm skeptical about their ability to overcome that problem vs a quality program.

Pitt was a quality win. It was ugly, but it was against a quality team. They've lost twice. Once to UC, once to 'Cuse.

Memphis is still a good team. Despite some of their maddening loses, to beat them on the road the way UC did is impressive.

While their SOS isn't great, their RPI is very solid.

It's time that people around the city start to take notice of this team and how they are playing. Too many "hanger-ons" of the past and Huggins. This team is 100% a Huggins team. So-so offense with some big time defense and rebounding. People who are still clamering for the Huggin years don't realize that this team is exactly like those teams because they are too busy feeling sorry for themselves. Their loss. This team is fun to watch.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

picture-360.png

Where did all that optimism go? Were you Bengalized?

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
picture-360.png

Where did all that optimism go? Were you Bengalized?

I'm optimistic they'll make the tournament and reach the round of 32..........anything beyond that would be a pleasant surprise.......

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm optimistic they'll make the tournament and reach the round of 32..........anything beyond that would be a pleasant surprise.......

Agreed. As I said earlier, this year was kind of a transition year for me with UC. I wasn't expecting a lot out of this team.

But, with them playing defense the way they do, and getting offensive help from just about everyone on any given night, they've been able to put this run together.

Even when Sean was struggling big time, he was getting 17-18 points by getting to the FT line, and other guys were stepping up and chipping in. JJ getting nearly 11pts a game, Rubles around 8, Caupain probably around 6-8, Thomas has been stepping up lately with 8-10...Sanders coming off the bench has been huge.

Matchups, as always, is probably the biggest thing with the tourney. If UC can face teams that aren't not overly big in the post, or deep off the bench, they can rebound and run on anyone. They will struggle when facing deeper teams that can rotate against their press, and bang down low in the post. So, matchups, just as much as their growth on offense, will be a huge factor in the tourny for them.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams deep in post players will be a nightmare. Jackson and Rubles are foul prone as it is, and there is nobody behind them. If such teams deep in forwards also have a decent point guard who doesn't turn the ball over, they are toast.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams deep in post players will be a nightmare. Jackson and Rubles are foul prone as it is, and there is nobody behind them. If such teams deep in forwards also have a decent point guard who doesn't turn the ball over, they are toast.

Yes. This is where not having Lawrence hurts. Bench depth in the post. Same goes for not having Jamaree Strickland this year. He's a 6'10" - 250lb freshman C from California. Not eligble due to his Post Graduate school having issues with the NCAA. He was a 3* on the rise when he tore his ACL as a jr and missed most of his jr and I believe part of his Sr. year. Went to post graduate school where he did decent enough working his way back from the ACL.

If nothing else, he would be another big post body with some free fouls to give.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louisville aint shit. Extremely overrated team. We'll probably split with them, though.

This team won't lose more than 2 more games the rest of the way. They're that good.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louisville aint shit. Extremely overrated team. We'll probably split with them, though.

This team won't lose more than 2 more games the rest of the way. They're that good.

The schedule is also that weak. The AA is shit. Louisville and Memphis are the only decent competition. They will be like the last four or five CUSA Huggins teams. Go into the tourney with only 3-4 losses and lose to the first good shooting team they face. They are tons of fun to watch, but they are flawed, and the conference is not good enough to expose their flaws. Xavier and New Mexico exposed them.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The schedule is also that weak. The AA is shit. Louisville and Memphis are the only decent competition. They will be like the last four or five CUSA Huggins teams. Go into the tourney with only 3-4 losses and lose to the first good shooting team they face. They are tons of fun to watch, but they are flawed, and the conference is not good enough to expose their flaws. Xavier and New Mexico exposed them.

Doug has already been stung by one Ginger this year -- He's not about to be stung by another!

I always thought those Huggins teams were limited by their approach. Once he started to recruit 5-star big men, he stopped pressing and trying to score in transition.