• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Futbol chit chat

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a huge France fan, but I do not want Ben Arfa. That guy has huge talent but also huge attitude problems. I don't really think Wenger would want to deal with him. If they do get him and M'Vila you could have French players at ST, CAM, DCM, RB and CB. Starting to look like the early 2000's in the amount of French players on Arsenal.

Not a problem for me considering that French squad went invincible and also won the double a few years before.

HBA has mad talent and Arsenal needs a creative attacking midfielder, no secret about it. When Wenger lost the battle last year to get Mata over, you knew we were lacking talent on the edges especially when you have the oft injured Walcott starting on the wings. Plus, with Hazard going to Chelsea, Arsenal has limited options left to fill the void. His attitude issues are a problem, but Arsenal needs to start adding some silverware before some of the younger players start defecting for other clubs.

yehyeh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Next year they have Podolski, Walcott, Gervinho and the Ox to play the wings. Gervinho is better on the right wing than on the left so he could be Walcott's competition. I think I would rather pick up a player with a great attitude and motor like Dempsey. Great thing about Dempsey is that he can play at either wing, at striker and at center attacking mid if need be. He is very versatile, which is something that Arsenal needs since they do seem to have a lot of injuries every year.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year they have Podolski, Walcott, Gervinho and the Ox to play the wings. Gervinho is better on the right wing than on the left so he could be Walcott's competition. I think I would rather pick up a player with a great attitude and motor like Dempsey. Great thing about Dempsey is that he can play at either wing, at striker and at center attacking mid if need be. He is very versatile, which is something that Arsenal needs since they do seem to have a lot of injuries every year.

Wenger typically likes to start 2 forwards up front unless that forward is strong and able enough to play the lone striker. Those players I'm thinking of are Kanou, Adebayor, etc. I haven't seen enough of Giroud so I don't know if he fits that role, but a lot of where Podolski plays (whether at wing or as the support striker to Giroud/option B/option C) depends on how much depth Arsenal has at the end of the transfer window. We don't even know if RVP will still be here. As for the other options, it's a sure bet Walcott will get injured at some point of the season, so I like the idea of Gervinho being there. Alex OC can play the other side but that's taking a lot of risk putting a player that young as your every day starter in that position. I like the Dempsey idea, as his name has been mentioned before and Arsenal needs someone with a motor such as him to add an aggressive dimension to a team that long has been known for it's finesse and flair for passing.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Giroud appears to be a straight up target man, good size and good in the air.....but also just led Ligue 1 in goals. Unfortunately that was also Chamakh's description before he came to Arsenal so who knows what you'll be getting.

I would think now they have too many wingers to be adding more other than just a rotation type player. They will already have to find time for the two backups. I would think its time for a right back, and maybe a backup for Song as they don't seem to have any other steely midfielders.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh, but what I meant to say.....Nasri is a real twat, huh? Seems like I've heard nothing but bad things about him regarding his attitude, personality, etc. It got him left off the last world cup team, and benched today after getting into it with teammates and/or coaches. Left Arsenal in a fairly ugly way as well. Appears to have that bad combination of arrogance and over-sensitivity.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, but what I meant to say.....Nasri is a real twat, huh? Seems like I've heard nothing but bad things about him regarding his attitude, personality, etc. It got him left off the last world cup team, and benched today after getting into it with teammates and/or coaches. Left Arsenal in a fairly ugly way as well. Appears to have that bad combination of arrogance and over-sensitivity.

And it took him only one season to butt heads with Mancini as well. He already wants out of ManCity! It never ceases to amaze me how so many athletes let their egos and attitudes get in the way of their incredible talent and hinder truly remarkable careers.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giroud appears to be a straight up target man, good size and good in the air.....but also just led Ligue 1 in goals. Unfortunately that was also Chamakh's description before he came to Arsenal so who knows what you'll be getting.

I would think now they have too many wingers to be adding more other than just a rotation type player. They will already have to find time for the two backups. I would think its time for a right back, and maybe a backup for Song as they don't seem to have any other steely midfielders.

Problem with Song is that he tends to play too forward too much for someone who's supposed to be the DM on this team. M'Vila doesn't seem like much an option right now considering Wenger is questioning his maturity in a recent spat with French officials after France's early exit in Euro 2012. However, M'Vila would be a better fit at DM for Arsenal, someone who actually plays defense and would protect that back 4 the way Vieira did at his time in Highbury.

Jenkinson may grow better with time, but Wenger really needs a quality backup behind Sagna. It would be nice for Wenger to improve the depth of this squad, and there have been rumors he's targeting Lloris to contend for the starting GK spot with Sczesny. Also, this is kinda old news, but Eden Hazard signing with Chelsea? Good grief...

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it took him only one season to butt heads with Mancini as well. He already wants out of ManCity! It never ceases to amaze me how so many athletes let their egos and attitudes get in the way of their incredible talent and hinder truly remarkable careers.

Nasrat back to his old tricks? What a moron, I'm so glad Arsenal sold him and got something out of him instead of losing him on the free transfer. So much talent, but too much of an ego. Too bad, the guy could have been something special.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah. He is still so young. I have no idea why he has given up on Europe. A couple of years ago, it looked like he had aged a decade in six months. Stress? Blow? Either way, it's sad. I thought he was going to be dominant. Part of me wishes Liverpool would've taken a flier on him at that price, but it's pretty obvious that he wanted to get home. Hopefully, it leads to more playing time on the national team, a great showing at the World Cup and a return to European club football.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is mentioning that pep guardiola will coach Bayern Munich!?!?!?!??

that's some big stuff right there IMO...

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavani possibly to the Gunners? Wow! That sure would be an anomaly in that they hardly ever drop big cash on players. I sort hoped Juve would go after him but I guess going to Arsenal (if it materializes) won't be so bad.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavani possibly to the Gunners? Wow! That sure would be an anomaly in that they hardly ever drop big cash on players. I sort hoped Juve would go after him but I guess going to Arsenal (if it materializes) won't be so bad.

uruguay!!!!

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Napoli probably didn't want to have to face him in Serie A for the next 3 years. Though, depending on which players they purchase, they may have to face him in Champion's League. Arsenal has virtually assured themselves of a Top 4 finish, if this goes through. They were likely without it, but now they can really compete in the FA Cup without losing too much fitness in league. As a Liverpool fan, I'm bummed, but Arsenal is/was/will be very fun to watch.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Cavani to Arsenal is very difficult to believe. Obviously it would mean a huge change on Arsenal policy, as Cavani will be one of the most expensive players around, and add to that they would be bidding against Madrid/City/everyone else if Cavani were available. And Cavani's dad says he's always been a Madrid fan and would love to play there

And past that.....maybe I'm naive....but Cavani has talked about how much he loves Napoli and wants to stay, and sounded geniune. Napoli can afford him, and is a quality organization on the way up. Someday they will get an offer they can't refuse from one of the giants, but not quite yet.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Napoli probably didn't want to have to face him in Serie A for the next 3 years. Though, depending on which players they purchase, they may have to face him in Champion's League. Arsenal has virtually assured themselves of a Top 4 finish, if this goes through. They were likely without it, but now they can really compete in the FA Cup without losing too much fitness in league. As a Liverpool fan, I'm bummed, but Arsenal is/was/will be very fun to watch.

I'm nearly not as confident as you that Arsenal will qualify for the CL next year! I was quite excited after this past offseason but the product on the field has been a huge disappointment. They lie in 6th place right now and don't seem to have made the changes needed to pick up the slack.