• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Fantasy Football Thought

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not the biggest fan of fantasy sports. In a way I think it is ruining sports fans. I see guys at a bar wearing a Vick Jersey cheering for Tony Romo. And another friend of mine was pissed because Johnson didn't catch a go ahead TD late in a game because he wasn't on his FF team. And my friend is a Lions fan for 30 years. I just want to watch the Niners kick the shit out of a team on Sunday and have every other team in the NFL lose every week. My girlfriend plays though. I was looking at her team and who she is playing and I got to thinking of a way that could add a little something.

What if they awarded points for wins? Maybe they can leave this just for the QB position. It could add a new wrinkle. It would make a guy like Alex Smith or Tim Tebow (last year anyway) more interesting and a guy like Cam Newton less valuable. Maybe a 10 point bonus for a win. I think that would make it more interesting.

I admit I am not in the fantasy loop, so maybe they already do this is some leagues?

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not the biggest fan of fantasy sports. In a way I think it is ruining sports fans. I see guys at a bar wearing a Vick Jersey cheering for Tony Romo. And another friend of mine was pissed because Johnson didn't catch a go ahead TD late in a game because he wasn't on his FF team. And my friend is a Lions fan for 30 years. I just want to watch the Niners kick the shit out of a team on Sunday and have every other team in the NFL lose every week. My girlfriend plays though. I was looking at her team and who she is playing and I got to thinking of a way that could add a little something.

What if they awarded points for wins? Maybe they can leave this just for the QB position. It could add a new wrinkle. It would make a guy like Alex Smith or Tim Tebow (last year anyway) more interesting and a guy like Cam Newton less valuable. Maybe a 10 point bonus for a win. I think that would make it more interesting.

I admit I am not in the fantasy loop, so maybe they already do this is some leagues?

Yea there is an option to add wins to the point scoring though I never have participated in a league that did that not sure if I would be interested in joining a league that had a wins point scheme but to each is own.

To your first point most hardcore fans your "regular" team is much more important than your "fantasy" team so it's weird that your buddy was upset with a CJ TD. Only reason I can think of is the league he is in is a paid league and he maybe losing out on some money.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To your first point most hardcore fans your "regular" team is much more important than your "fantasy" team so it's weird that your buddy was upset with a CJ TD. Only reason I can think of is the league he is in is a paid league and he maybe losing out on some money.

That's true. I never thought of that. I played one year about 10 years ago. I hated it because I was not able to enjoy the game. I just want to watch the games and not worry about who scores. But when I played I was more uptight.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think turnovers should be weighted more heavily. A fumble or Int should count against the player for at least as much as a TD, and if they are returned for a TD by the defense should count for more than what a TD would be worth.

There is no way Tony Romo should have been worth 14 fantasy points while throwing 5 ints especially when 2 of them were pick 6's.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fantasy sports help the people who are not a fan of a particular team. i am much more interested in the college game, and didn't really even watch the NFL prior to fantasy. i don't have a favorite pro team, so it makes the games fun to watch.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gore for a hard 1

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd & 7 - Kap in!

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HUNTER IS JUST MONEY!!!

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'Mon Delanie!!

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Repeat last post - Hunter is Money!

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon O'Line gotta watch backside pursuit!