• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: ESPN's NFL Sunday Countdowns next 4 topics

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think I said that in reason #1 for why he gets the coverage. How about reason #2? Is that something could play a role in all the coverage he gets?

It is a factor, but I don't think that as much as you do. Here's what my breakdown would look like.

60% religious people agreeing with his beliefs.
25% Bronco fans
15% Florida fans

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It is a factor, but I don't think that as much as you do. Here's what my breakdown would look like.

60% religious people agreeing with his beliefs.
25% Bronco fans
15% Florida fans

So it has nothing to do with all the people predicting he be a huge flop as a QB and now having the chance to see that?

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's my percentage of his fans. Of course some people would love to see him fail, but would they sit around and watch a 30 minute segment on him? Not really, maybe a few but certainly not the amount that you're thinking.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it has nothing to do with all the people predicting he be a huge flop as a QB and now having the chance to see that?

Then why isn't Cam Newton getting as much hype?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
When did I say people were sitting around waiting to see him fail? I said a big reason he gets coverage is because so many people expected him to struggle at QB and never be successful. Now he's getting the opportunity. The Tebow talk I saw on ESPN and NFLN today were both talking about whether or not his knack for making plays late in games and his "ability to win" would outweigh his lack of fundamentals.

Hey, that's football talk about a popular player, who is a QB and was a controversial first round pick. Isn't that what you want from your pre-game shows?

What 30 minute segment?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Then why isn't Cam Newton getting as much hype?

Cam Newton didn't have the same success at Auburn, for as along, as Tebow had at Florida.

Newton has also already proven his critics wrong for the most part. There was that discussion about Newton in the preseason.

Tebow hasn't proven either side right or wrong. His mechanics are still horrible, yet he's 2-2 as a starter on a bad team. That debate must continue.

There was similar talk about Vince Young when he was a rookie.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Newton didn't have the same success at Auburn, for as along, as Tebow had at Florida.

Newton has also already proven his critics wrong for the most part. There was that discussion about Newton in the preseason.

Tebow hasn't proven either side right or wrong. His mechanics are still horrible, yet he's 2-2 as a starter on a bad team. That debate must continue.

There was similar talk about Vince Young when he was a rookie.

Newton is a national champion, a Heisman winner, and unlike Tebow, he was the 1st overall pick. Not to mention all of the controversy he had off the field and his polarizing personality.

I really don't understand why Newton isn't getting half the press that Tebow is getting.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Newton is a national champion, a Heisman winner, and unlike Tebow, he was the 1st overall pick. Not to mention all of the controversy he had off the field and his polarizing personality.

I really don't understand why Newton isn't getting half the press that Tebow is getting.

Because he never had the popularity Tebow had, and it was never a question about whether or not he was a first round pick. The question was how far would he fall in the first, and no one thought he'd fall out of the top 10. Tebow was a guy many said should go in the 4th or 5th who went in the first round.

Also, as I said earlier, Newton hasn't given his critics anything to hang their hats on. He's proven that he can move the ball and be successful in the NFL. Tebow has looked attrocious, yet has still been somewhat successful as a starter. There's debate there. There isn't debate in Newton. It's virtually impossible for anyone to say that Newton can't play in the NFL right now.