• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Disney buys Lucasfilm, plans to release Star Wars episode VII

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully a straight guy will be behind the next series. That way if people don't like it they won't blame it on or mock his looks, his gender, or his sexual preference.

Hopefully it has lots of kids and baby creatures in it too.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully a straight guy will be behind the next series. That way if people don't like it they won't blame it on or mock his looks, his gender, or his sexual preference.

Hopefully it has lots of kids and baby creatures in it too.

Just give me good writing ... I don't care about the rest .. the acolyte could have been tremendous but it was brutally written ..

The new Skeleton Crew looks really fun

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just give me good writing ... I don't care about the rest .. the acolyte could have been tremendous but it was brutally written ..

The new Skeleton Crew looks really fun
I did not specifically mean you. I'm just not going to pretend I dont think her gender, looks, and sexual orientation do not have anything to do with people not liking it. Plus powerful women protagonists. Minority women. It probably never stood a chance. Look at the audience score vs the reviewer scores, yeah I am sure thats not review bombing. That never happens with scifi projects women are behind......

Why do I even know what she looks like? Because of people posting her picture saying 'this is why it sucks' or "of course this was going to suck". Not cool IMO.

I dont now what Skeleton Crew is. The only other SW series I have seen are the first two seasons of The Mandalorian, Maybe the reason I thought this was decent was because I am more of a casual fan.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not specifically mean you. I'm just not going to pretend I dont think her gender, looks, and sexual orientation do not have anything to do with people not liking it. Plus powerful women protagonists. Minority women. It probably never stood a chance. Look at the audience score vs the reviewer scores, yeah I am sure thats not review bombing. That never happens with scifi projects women are behind......

Why do I even know what she looks like? Because of people posting her picture saying 'this is why it sucks' or "of course this was going to suck". Not cool IMO.

I dont now what Skeleton Crew is. The only other SW series I have seen are the first two seasons of The Mandalorian, Maybe the reason I thought this was decent was because I am more of a casual fan.

I hope she sees this bro..

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry, I know you were not directing that at me and I acknowledge that there are some who critique the show based on racial and gender biases, which is certainly problematic. However, I believe the show's low viewer rating of 18% should realistically be in the 25-30% range if those biases were set aside. This is because, despite any such criticisms, the show is poorly written and suffers from weak character development, which justifies a low score. Additionally, I think the showrunner's political agenda and personal history—including her controversial past—have negatively impacted the show. Given these factors, I don't believe she should have been given the responsibility of a Star Wars show, especially one with a $180 million budget, which is twice that of Obi-Wan.

I am really excited for Skeleton Crew, it looks like Goonies in Space... I am really interested in that vibe... It could be really fun

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disney removed all Acolyte from their online store. They did this with Willow and then removed it from Disney +

1724351147668.png

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To blame the failure of the acolyte on toxic fans is silly.. it was just a bad show

But....

The fan base is incredibly toxic on both sides and has been since 1999 and it's not the reason for that shows failure
Oh I am sure there are some very fine people, on both sides.

If you dont think review bombing and online harassment can affect a show, we are just going to disagree.

If you think review bombing and online harassment are warranted when people dont like a show, we are just going to disagree.

I am also 100% certain that misogyny and bigotry are a major reason why many people didn't like it. Hopefully they learned their lesson for real this time, just white guys and puppets from here on out. White guy straight writers too.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I am sure there are some very fine people, on both sides.

If you dont think review bombing and online harassment can affect a show, we are just going to disagree.

If you think review bombing and online harassment are warranted when people dont like a show, we are just going to disagree.

I am also 100% certain that misogyny and bigotry are a major reason why many people didn't like it. Hopefully they learned their lesson for real this time, just white guys and puppets from here on out. White guy straight writers too.

I don't disagree that review bombing and online harassment can affect a show; it absolutely can. However, I didn't participate in either, nor did I listen to those who did, and I still found it to be a terribly written show with brutal character development and plot holes galore.

I think there are many straight white males (and females) who didn't like the show because of the leads and its message. But the viewer drop-off was tremendous from the start of the show to the finale, so where did the supporting viewers go? I really don't think anyone from the LGBTQ+ community would care what a stupid white racist male (or female) thinks. I watched reviews from both sides, and even some of the biggest supporters at the start of the show turned on it due to how bad the plot, directing, producing, acting, and character development were. That said, Carrie-Anne Moss, Manny Jacinto, Dafne Keen, and Lee Jung-jae were really good in their roles.

As a lifelong Star Wars fan, I thought this show was terrible.

"Obi-Wan" was bad, too—though I initially liked it because of Ewan and Hayden reprising their roles, it suffered from bad writing, plot issues, and poor character development.

"The Book of Boba Fett" was horrific for all the same reasons.

"The Mandalorian" was great.

The new "Star Wars: Skeleton Crew" looks like a lot of fun.

"Andor" was the best of them all.

When you say, "I hope they learned their lesson for real this time," who do you mean—the toxic community?