• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Disney buys Lucasfilm, plans to release Star Wars episode VII

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^Man... winter IS coming!!

Music gave me chills. But I ultimately wish they weren't doing these movies. I thought we beat the empire. Now we have to fight them again? Like again again? Kinda depressing.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^Man... winter IS coming!!

Music gave me chills. But I ultimately wish they weren't doing these movies. I thought we beat the empire. Now we have to fight them again? Like again again? Kinda depressing.

I'm still not quite sure what they're fighting against. I think the timeline now puts this new story something like 30+ years after the Battle of Endor. Who knows if it's even the Empire that they're fighting. It could be a rebellion against the rebellion :D

I'm excited for these new films, though. There is so much that can be made great about these stories. And it's pretty freakin' neat how the original films are beloved by people the world over. Maybe even more than any film from the 20th century.

When 'The Force Awakens" premiers, it will probably shatter whatever film currently holds the box office record.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not quite sure what they're fighting against. I think the timeline now puts this new story something like 30+ years after the Battle of Endor. Who knows if it's even the Empire that they're fighting. It could be a rebellion against the rebellion :D

Yeah, somebody could have just bought all those tie fighters from the Empire off eBay or something. Wait a second... what does the "e" in eBay stand for...

I'm excited too, Evolver. And disappointed at the same time. If that's possible.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When 'The Force Awakens" premiers, it will probably shatter whatever film currently holds the box office record.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/20/star-wars-the-force-awakens-ticket-presales-break-records-websites?utm_source=IGN hub page&utm_medium=IGN (front page)&utm_content=4&utm_campaign=Spotlight

Tickets to Star Wars: The Force Awakens went on sale last night, and the overwhelming demand caused several major ticket sites to crumble under the pressure.

Meanwhile, Variety reports that the film has set a new record, bypassing The Hunger Games as the film "to move the most tickets in its first day on sale" -- by eight times as much, in fact, according to Fandango.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, somebody could have just bought all those tie fighters from the Empire off eBay or something. Wait a second... what does the "e" in eBay stand for...

I'm excited too, Evolver. And disappointed at the same time. If that's possible.

The new bad guy looks pretty cool.

vhj7jvJv.jpg

I know there are quite a few people who were disappointed that Disney bought the rights to the Star Wars canon. I am happy though that the story is going to continue, and not just for these next three films. And, judging by his other recent work, I think Abrams will do the story right on the first film, and not do a crap job like Lucas did on the prequel.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there are quite a few people who were disappointed that Disney bought the rights to the Star Wars canon. I am happy though that the story is going to continue, and not just for these next three films. And, judging by his other recent work, I think Abrams will do the story right on the first film, and not do a crap job like Lucas did on the prequel.

IMO they have done fine with the Marvel properties so I do not see the fuss. Also the 3 prequels sucked so bad, the worry that anyone could mess things up after those is laughable.

Plus the fact that Lucas is not directly involved should raise everyone's expectations.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres a new Star Wars coming out?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good video that provide theories and ideas without creating spoilers. Got me excited for the new movie.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have heard, and of course this is a spoiler, the entire move they are looking for Luke who is missing for some reason. When Han and Chewbacca get to a safe location right at the end Chewbacca shaves and we discover its been Luke in disguise the whole time.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of spoilers, my brother in law is unable to see the movie until Friday night, and as such has vowed to never again speak to anyone who spoils the movie on facebook or through text, etc.

I have been waiting for this opportunity for 25 years.

Please send all spoilers to:
Help 43 not have to talk to that dickhead anymore ever again for all eternity
PO Box 4343
Columbus Ohio 43043.

Or you can just send me PMS

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, seriously this time. Spoilers.

After a wookie goes crazy and kills 3 people, noted drunk and loudmouth Hux runs for senate on a platform of making all wookies register and suggesting that they should be put in camps "for their own safety". Despite the fact that the crazy wookie only killed three people and hundreds die each day from light saber hi-jinx - the people are scared and listen to Hux and elect him general. Trouble arises when Kashyyyk (the wookie planet) gets hit by a meteor shower and thousands of wookies and need new homes.